Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Eagles Fans

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Eagles Fans
Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:10 am
  • They are a crazy bunch...lots of fan fight vids popping up online. Are they worse than Raider fans??
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Eagles Fans
Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:52 am
  • Most obnoxious fans in the NFL. You should see it here in PA. They are starving for a Lombardi. I hope New England takes care of business one more time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

Re: Eagles Fans
Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:06 am
  • It's Eagle fan for me, and it's not even close.

Myopic, racist, obnoxious, violent, insufferable...........you name the very worst parts of being a sports fan, and Eagle fans are it.

Raider fans are just dumb and obnoxious, and they've been neutered since the move to Vegas was announced. So nowhere close to even being in the top 5 most annoying fans in the league.

Patriot fans are the closest 2nd, so yeah! top two most insufferable fanbases in the SB, lucky Minnesota!
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:43 am
  • I don’t understand the violence. What a crazy way to show joy/excitement?
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:25 am
  • Yeah what did that Pole do to him :)

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:27 am
    replicant
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:06 pm
  • A group of Eagles fans shouted a swear word at a baby in a pram that was wearing a vikings hat.

That’s the sort of thing that would get me in prison if I was the parent.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:36 pm
  • What about Bills mafia? Are they more lovabley crazy?
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:50 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:What about Bills mafia? Are they more lovabley crazy?

Definitely, they're like a cute puppy that keeps chewing on your shoes but you can't get mad cause they don't know any better.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:40 pm
  • Alcohol makes people stupid. Especially people who are already stupid before the alcohol.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:07 pm
  • Life is hard, it's especially hard on stupid people.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:18 pm
  • Smellyman wrote:Life is hard, it's especially hard on stupid people.

Some people just aren't lucky when it comes to thinking.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:11 am
  • As an opposing fan, I’ve been berated everytime I’ve gone to a game walking down Occidental or through Pioneer Square before a game. Dipshit fans exist everywhere but should never be grouped in as a whole.

Although I will say that this past Eagles-Seahawks game in December, I had zero issue. However, I didn't expose any of my Eagles gear until I was up at my seats so that's probably why.

Philly is an easy target because of the Santa Clause incident which if you do your homework on this one, it was a drunk Santa that they pulled out from the stands and was just sloppy...partnered with the fact that those who made this incident famous, I'd say most are dead.

Then the Michael Irvin thing which was garbage but again, this is almost 20 years ago.

The fan study that was done below places the Eagles fan base outside the Top 10 in fan arrests so it's much worse elsewhere. I'm also not going to stand here and say Philly fans are the pinnacle of maturity (they aren't) but I don't think any fan base is.

Alcohol does a lot of stupid things to some not very bright people, regardless of the city it happens in. Philly is just an easy target to publicize incidents.

I don't think the story about that guy that rides his bike for charity outside of Century Link that was beat after a Hawks game a few years ago made national headlines but it should have. It happens everywhere.
    xkj1985x
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:02 am

Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:15 am
  • xkj1985x wrote:

It's a nice chart, but I don't think it's showing what people think it's showing, as the range is just way too wide be even remotely believable.

I don't think anybody with a straight face could seriously believe that Chargers fans are 25 times more aggressive, drunk, and disorderly than Bears fans.

Even for an NFL fan base to be two or three times as aggressive, drunk, and disorderly as another NFL fanbase starts to strain credulity.

I'd put $10,000 down on a bet as to what's happening, and it's pretty simple proposition: Arrest data and crime data aren't the same thing.

Think about it this way, using an example of a state in which weed possession is illegal:

Two cops each patrol a four block radius which are right next to each other and in a year each cop catches 10 people with weed. Cop #1 arrests all ten people, and Cop #2 has all ten people throw their weed into the sewer and tells them not to do it again. From ARREST data we would think that weed is totally limited to one four block radius, and that there's no illegal weed smoking going on in the other four block radius. That's WRONG though, because arrest data doesn't equal crime data.

So, converting back to this table, this is basically a table that shows that San Diego, New Jersey (Jets and Giants) and Oakland are outliers in using one policing strategy at NFL games (arrest 'em and book em!), and Houston, Tampa Bay, Chicago and Seattle are outliers in using the opposite policing strategy (kick 'em out and issue 'em warnings!).

The problem is that we rarely if ever have actual crime data, so we end up using arrest data AS IF it's crime data, and it just isn't.
    Last edited by Popeyejones on Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:17 am
  • Popeyejones wrote:
    xkj1985x wrote:

It's a nice chart, but I don't think it's showing what people think it's showing, as the range is just way too wide be even remotely believable.

I don't think anybody with a straight face could seriously believe that Chargers fans are 25 times more aggressive, drunk, and disorderly than Bears fans.

Even for an NFL fan base to be two or three times as aggressive, drunk, and disorderly as another NFL fanbase starts to strain credulity.

I'd put $10,000 down on a bet as to what's happening, and it's pretty simple proposition: Arrest data and crime data aren't the same thing.

Think about it this way, using an example of a state in which weed possession is illegal:

Two cops each patrol a four block radius which are right next to each other and in a year each cop catches 10 people with weed. Cop #1 arrests all ten people, and Cop #2 has all ten people throw their weed into the sewer and tells them not to do it again. From ARREST data we would think that weed is totally limited to one four block radius, and that there's no illegal weed smoking smoking going on. That's WRONG though, because arrest data doesn't equal crime data.

So, converting back to this table, this is basically a table that shows that San Diego, New Jersey (Jets and Giants) and Oakland are outliers in using one policing strategy at NFL games (arrest 'em and book em!), and Houston, Tampa Bay, Chicago and Seattle are outliers in using the opposite policing strategy (kick 'em out and issue 'em warnings!).

The problem is that we rarely if ever have actual crime data, so we end up using arrest data AS IF it's crime data, and it just isn't.

So your saying that Seattle has smarter thieves or the cops are paid off more? :)

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:06 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:So your saying that Seattle has smarter thieves or the cops are paid off more? :)

Bit a both. :lol: :2thumbs:
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:09 pm
  • Crystal City was at top of that 2016 list. That shouldn't be a surprise.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:34 pm
  • Cyrus12 wrote:They are a crazy bunch...lots of fan fight vids popping up online. Are they worse than Raider fans??

Yes. Raiders fans are gang members, scumbags, general no-good-niks. Eagles fans are somehow worse, categorically.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:24 pm
  • mrt144 wrote:Raiders fans are gang members, scumbags, general no-good-niks.

Have you ever been to a Raiders game in Oakland before? Real question.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:27 am
  • Popeyejones wrote:
    mrt144 wrote:Raiders fans are gang members, scumbags, general no-good-niks.

Have you ever been to a Raiders game in Oakland before? Real question.

Yes I have been although it was over 15 years ago. I was making a joke, you see.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:37 pm
  • I can’t stand eagles fans. They are generally low life animals. I took my wife to a playoff game there in 2004 with Green Bay (4th and 26 play) and she wore a packers jersey. They threw fireworks at her in the parking lot after the game. They’re animals but unfortunately I also think they win
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:54 pm
  • But it's the City of Brotherly Love, how can it be bad? :stirthepot:

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 4:47 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information