Niners Draft Picks 2018

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know how many draft picks the Niners have this year? Also their Cap Number? Thanks

Just wondering as we are discussing possible trade talks about Earl Thomas and wonder if they have a Strong Safety that is worth his value for trade discussion.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
They have about 115 million in cap room because they've been carrying over the maximum amount every year.

They have their own first at #9 or 10 (coin flip still to come), the Saints 2nd, their 3rd and Chicago's 3rd, the Steelers' 4th, the Jets' 5th, their own 6th and 7th and the Chiefs' 7th. They won't get any comp picks.

I don't think the Hawks will be dumb enough to trade the best FS in the game right in the heart of his prime, let alone to a division rival that seems to be improving.

They have Jimmie Ward (who they really like but who is always injured) and Adrian Colbert (who has played really, really well, but is going into his second year and was a UDFA) at FS.

I'm sure they'd jump at the chance to get ET3, I just think the chance of the Hawks sending him to SF is effectively zero.

chris98251

Reaction score
That would be like the Yankees sending Reggie Jackson to the Red Sox.

OP
OP
Seahawkfan80

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Popeyejones":igf0bvam said:
They have about 115 million in cap room because they've been carrying over the maximum amount every year.

They have their own first at #9 or 10 (coin flip still to come), the Saints 2nd, their 3rd and Chicago's 3rd, the Steelers' 4th, the Jets' 5th, their own 6th and 7th and the Chiefs' 7th. They won't get any comp picks.

I don't think the Hawks will be dumb enough to trade the best FS in the game right in the heart of his prime, let alone to a division rival that seems to be improving.

They have Jimmie Ward (who they really like but who is always injured) and Adrian Colbert (who has played really, really well, but is going into his second year and was a UDFA) at FS.

I'm sure they'd jump at the chance to get ET3, I just think the chance of the Hawks sending him to SF is effectively zero.

Thank you man. Appreciate it.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^ :2thumbs:

And as I hope is clear from my post, I'd LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE for the 9ers to get their hands on ET3. He's just awesome, and is obviously a great, great scheme fit for the defense.

Guys like that don't just come available though. He's the JJ Watt/Aaron Rodgers/Joe Thomas/Julio Jones of his position.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
The 49ers have Tartt, who they love, Colbert, who played very well, Ward, who they like but will have to pay a lot to keep, and Eric Reid (assuming he resigns). As good as Thomas is, I think the 49ers consider both safety positions filled. Note: all 4 of them have played both safety positions.

Whether as a Seahawk cap casualty or a trade, he’s probably simply too expensive based on what they currently have.

OP
OP
Seahawkfan80

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":11cpkm5n said:
The 49ers have Tartt, who they love, Colbert, who played very well, Ward, who they like but will have to pay a lot to keep, and Eric Reid (assuming he resigns). As good as Thomas is, I think the 49ers consider both safety positions filled. Note: all 4 of them have played both safety positions.

Whether as a Seahawk cap casualty or a trade, he’s probably simply too expensive based on what they currently have.

Thank you. :irishdrinkers:

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3jhjuewy said:

Earl going to anyone in our division would be very depressing.

Marvin49

Reaction score
...yeah, just to piggyback what Popeye said, I don't see Earl Thomas in SF.

They have players they like at both FS and SS and I can't see the 'Hawks trading him in division. If he were released, it surely would be a conversation and the Niners would have a ton of money, but I think they'd have other priorities (which is also why they wouldn't likely give up picks even if Seattle were willing to trade him in division).

I respect the hell out of the guy so don't take it as an affront to the player, but I just don't see him in SF anytime soon.

Jimmy Graham on the other hand might make a lot of sense in SF...tho they have some young guys there as well so they wouldn't break the bank on that one either.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
In other words, lil' Jed York has been spending the LEAST he possibly can over the last several years, while cashing in on huge PSL money and government subsidies and screwing over just about everyone (including LYING to the neighboring kids soccer clubs and reneging on a promise to refurbish their soccer fields that were taken from them to create parking lots for the stadium).

OP
OP
Seahawkfan80

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Marvin49":umig2ss6 said:

They have players they like at both FS and SS and I can't see the 'Hawks trading him in division. If he were released, it surely would be a conversation and the Niners would have a ton of money, but I think they'd have other priorities (which is also why they wouldn't likely give up picks even if Seattle were willing to trade him in division).

I respect the hell out of the guy so don't take it as an affront to the player, but I just don't see him in SF anytime soon.

Jimmy Graham on the other hand might make a lot of sense in SF...tho they have some young guys there as well so they wouldn't break the bank on that one either.

Thanks Marvin. I was just considering all the complications of a move....and wanted input from some wise individuals as you all are. You 3 to 10 here that monitor this site are what makes us more intelligent in what your team thinks and what wavelength your team is on.

:irishdrinkers:

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2018":35ayk6ky said:
In other words, lil' Jed York has been spending the LEAST he possibly can over the last several years, while cashing in on huge PSL money and government subsidies and screwing over just about everyone (including LYING to the neighboring kids soccer clubs and reneging on a promise to refurbish their soccer fields that were taken from them to create parking lots for the stadium).

Yer funny.

1) They aren't spending money because sadly they have few drafted players to spend the money on. How much of the Seahawks Cap Space is used on players they drafted and extended? The 49ers don't get to keep those dollars. The CBA precludes that.

2) "Cashing in on huge PSL money". Totally false. The stadium was financed with a public/private partnership and the money was borrowed by the 49ers Stadium Authority. The Authority is an entity composed of the 49ers and the Board of the City of Santa Clara. Its is a third entity. The SBLs are/were sold to pay off the loan taken out by that stadium authority, IE the SBL money pays down the build loan, not line Jeds pockets. Thats not to say he isn't making money. He's making a ton of it on concessions, etc and hosting NON NFL games (College Championships, Concerts, etc).

3) The Soccer fields you are so concerned about are STILL THERE. Those fields have never been used for parking and the Soccer leagues still play on them. Thats them in the upper right corner BTW.
large_lev-1429638984.jpg

Jed has done enough to screw up the team by firing Harbaugh, not firing Baalke, and hiring Tomsula and Kelly. There is no need to make sh*t up as well.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":qvcrsgy3 said:
Marvin49":qvcrsgy3 said:

Thanks Marvin. I was just considering all the complications of a move....and wanted input from some wise individuals as you all are. You 3 to 10 here that monitor this site are what makes us more intelligent in what your team thinks and what wavelength your team is on.

:irishdrinkers:

:D

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Marvin49":1epdmwl9 said:
hawknation2018":1epdmwl9 said:

Yer funny.

1) They aren't spending money because sadly they have few drafted players to spend the money on. How much of the Seahawks Cap Space is used on players they drafted and extended? The 49ers don't get to keep those dollars. The CBA precludes that.

2) "Cashing in on huge PSL money". Totally false. The stadium was financed with a public/private partnership and the money was borrowed by the 49ers Stadium Authority. The Authority is an entity composed of the 49ers and the Board of the City of Santa Clara. Its is a third entity. The SBLs are/were sold to pay off the loan taken out by that stadium authority, IE the SBL money pays down the build loan, not line Jeds pockets. Thats not to say he isn't making money. He's making a ton of it on concessions, etc and hosting NON NFL games (College Championships, Concerts, etc).

3) The Soccer fields you are so concerned about are STILL THERE. Those fields have never been used for parking and the Soccer leagues still play on them. Thats them in the upper right corner BTW.
large_lev-1429638984.jpg

Jed has done enough to screw up the team by firing Harbaugh, not firing Baalke, and hiring Tomsula and Kelly. There is no need to make sh*t up as well.

Was curious if you were gonna take that bait again. :lol: :lol: :2thumbs:

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":23gkmii2 said:
Marvin49":23gkmii2 said:
hawknation2018":23gkmii2 said:

Yer funny.

large_lev-1429638984.jpg

Was curious if you were gonna take that bait again. :lol: :lol: :2thumbs:

...its an affliction. :D

Marvin49

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2a4j5yiu said:
Every time you look at shots of games there, it's half empty :lol:

ah...no idea at what portion of the game that pic was taken but judging from signage I think that was the first season at Levis.

Yup...Bay Area fans are fickle....when the team blows it doesn't fill up. No use saying they aren't.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It makes no sense though, with the history of that team and 5 rings etc. You would think they could pack the house at all times.