Chiefs trade Alex Smith to Redskins

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
So they gave up draft capital, a player and gave a huge extension for an older version of the same type of QB. This is a bonehead move by the Redskins.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":2nms4z4w said:
So they gave up draft capital, a player and gave a huge extension for an older version of the same type of QB. This is a bonehead move by the Redskins.

Yep. Luckily for them, trades can't officially go through until March 14th, so there's plenty of time for Smith to fail that physical

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Good move for KC. Smith is a better game manager and “safer” QB than Kirk “I never beat the Cowboys” Cousins.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Good for Smith getting 71 million gauranteed at his age. Wow.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Man, I don't think that's a good move for Washington at ALL. I certainly wouldn't be excited to swap Cousins for Smith.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
We can't ask "What are they thinking?" because that would imply they're actually thinking.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":cjke2ybd said:
Man, I don't think that's a good move for Washington at ALL. I certainly wouldn't be excited to swap Cousins for Smith.

Not only is Cousins a better player IMO. They gave up a 3rd and Kendall Fuller to downgrade and massively overpay an older, worse player. Thwy could have extended Cousins for that amount a year ago.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Where's the loyalty from the franchise to a player who has been great and given you all he has? Alex put up stellar numbers last year and has been nothing but a team player. But people are mad at Earl. Not mad at the Chiefs, they did what they thought was best for them. It's just funny how people get upset when players do the same thing.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Bleacher Report had Kendall Fuller as their #1 Slot CB this year. I definitely remember him jumping a slant route Russ tried to throw to Doug and picking it off. The Skins got rid of young talent, a draft pick, and a really good QB in order to extend Alex Smith. I was reading their subreddit and sbnation site and their fans are PISSED.

chris98251

Reaction score
Cousins to Minny? They had three guys that were starters there that could be had reasonable compared to Cousins that got them one game from the Super Bowl.

SF49r

Reaction score
Horrible trade.
DT YCOlXcAI8ie7
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF/status/958559704451637249[/tweet]

And hes a rookie too.

getnasty

Reaction score
SF49r":3i8m7u3k said:
Horrible trade.
DT YCOlXcAI8ie7
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF/status/958559704451637249[/tweet]

And hes a rookie too.

I'm pretty sure Kendall Fuller has been in the league for a couple of years but I could be wrong.

getnasty

Reaction score
While the Chiefs got the better deal what if Mahomes is a bust? I know your probably not winning a SB with Alex Smith but he's been pretty solid, in fact he might have had better numbers then Russ last year.