Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Darrell Bevell drawing interest from Colts

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Darrell Bevell drawing interest from Colts
Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:13 am

• With 17 years of experience, there is a good reason Bevell is highly sought after. Additionally, his time spent working with high-profile quarterbacks like Brett Favre and Russell Wilson make it is easy to see why the Colts would want him working with prized quarterback Andrew Luck.
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Maybe as a QB coach, but as OC? Hhaha good luck.
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

• There are reasons he failed before as a head coach in Denver. It’s dumb decisions like making Darrell Bevell your OC that will doom “Joshyboy” again. Some folks are meant to be coords and not head coaches, Joshyboy is that.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• LOL - yeah, I can't say I think McD's going to have a lot of success in Indy after seeing this. That is, IF it's true. It could easily be a public ploy to pressure the person he really wants, whomever that may be.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• Looks like Josh McDaniels is already trying to screw up another head coaching tenure.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2018 wrote:Looks like Josh McDaniels is already trying to screw up another head coaching tenure.

Bellichick pays McDaniels to sink AFC team.
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

• This makes a fair amount of sense. He's not going to be assembling a staff until after the Super Bowl, at least not officially. Who's going to be around that's available? Go Bevell for a year and then hire again next offseason if need be.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• Well Billy Bob Cooter is Patricia's OC and will stay in Detroit, but he is not officially HC yet.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:Well Billy Bob Cooter is Patricia's OC and will stay in Detroit, but he is not officially HC yet.

You mean Jim Bob??? Billy Bob is Jim Bob’s brother that’s coaching at East Wenatchee Valley State. 8)

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I'm ready for an 0-16 Colts.
    "We have an opportunity to win multiple Super Bowls."
    -Russell Wilson
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

• Poor Andrew Luck
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• LMAO
    I would rather see him go to Minn or Green Bay and ruin an NFC team.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

• Now if Luck gets hurt again we could have a nearly direct comparison to schotty
    I always believed bev needed great qb play to do anything and we just might find out for sure
    Now let's see what schott can do with an upper tier qb
    What are you
    I'm a mog , half man , half dog
    I'm my own best friend
    hawxfreak
    NET Veteran

• I have a feeling josh will just continue to call plays in Indy so it’s unlikely whoever the OC is will have much influence. Getting a yes-man like bevell isn’t a terrible step since he’s had successful offenses at times. Though QB coach makes more sense.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• It will be his last OC job regardless. Being under Pete Carroll, and working with RW & Brett Favre gives him the opportunity only due to the late HC hires around the league, and who else are you going to hire at this point so late in the process.

But make no mistake as an OC this is it for him. QB Coach, or out of the league after this.

If he doesn't get an OC job, that will be the most telling assumption of all though, and nothing needs to be said.

WE ALL KNOW.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

• The irony of wanting Josh McDaniels as OC and him ending up with Bevell asnOC

I almost think it may work. The HC sets the overall intent and Josh will not go for the crap we have watched for years
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• Fade wrote:It will be his last OC job regardless. Being under Pete Carroll, and working with RW & Brett Favre gives him the opportunity only due to the late HC hires around the league, and who else are you going to hire at this point so late in the process.

But make no mistake as an OC this is it for him. QB Coach, or out of the league after this.

If he doesn't get an OC job, that will be the most telling assumption of all though, and nothing needs to be said.

WE ALL KNOW.

I still want to see him go 0-16 somewhere (other than Cleveland).
    "We have an opportunity to win multiple Super Bowls."
    -Russell Wilson
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• The Indianapolis Colts will name Los Angeles Chargers wide receivers coach Nick Sirianni as their new offensive coordinator, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter and Field Yates.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2241 ... oordinator

Darrell Bevell could be only offensive coordinator option left for Giants

The options remaining for the New York Giants’ offensive coordinator job are slowly dwindling away.

On Saturday, the Giants were denied permission to speak with Minnesota Vikings quarterbacks coach Kevin Stefanski. He will remain with Minnesota as their quarterbacks coach.

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2018/02 ... tion-left/
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• I believe I heard yesterday Michael Robinson suggesting Bevell would be a good fit at OC for the Eagles.
    replicant
    NET Rookie

• That sound or lack of is the amount of offers Bevell has had so far, they are kicking the door closed every time he comes in for a interview.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I've been saying this for years. Neener neener. The dude is just not a good OC, and we were winning despite him not because of him. Our only good plays were ones that didn't work out so RW and the WRs improvised. There were a few that actually did work as designed, but on average it was less than 1 per game.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

• This just keeps getting funnier.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

• GeekHawk wrote:I've been saying this for years. Neener neener. The dude is just not a good OC, and we were winning despite him not because of him. Our only good plays were ones that didn't work out so RW and the WRs improvised. There were a few that actually did work as designed, but on average it was less than 1 per game.

Perspective....maybe they did work.....for the other team. In THAT case....they were well designed.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• I was not a fan of Bevell as the OC, though I did start to come around to the notion that Cable was the big problem. Not sad to see both of them go. But I don't understand people reveling in him not getting another job. That's just an unnecessary level of spite.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• HawkGA wrote:I was not a fan of Bevell as the OC, though I did start to come around to the notion that Cable was the big problem. Not sad to see both of them go. But I don't understand people reveling in him not getting another job. That's just an unnecessary level of spite.

Call me a Johnny McJerkface but they guy cost my team a championship, so yes, I will revel in his unemployment for his given position as an OC in the NFL. Obviously he wasn’t good at his job or he would have gotten an OC position in the NFL by now as there WERE numerous openings.

Call it unnecessary and spiteful??? I can live with that, and I think I’m being actually far to kind in my remarks about him.
    He more than earned his firing (3 years after the fact) with the “2nd and wrong” in XLIX and then took zero responsibility for such a crap play call, and then threw his players under the bus. If I was the owner then he wouldn’t have been on the return flight home, after he was canned on the spot.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:I was not a fan of Bevell as the OC, though I did start to come around to the notion that Cable was the big problem. Not sad to see both of them go. But I don't understand people reveling in him not getting another job. That's just an unnecessary level of spite.

Call me a Johnny McJerkface but they guy cost my team a championship, so yes, I will revel in his unemployment for his given position as an OC in the NFL. Obviously he wasn’t good at his job or he would have gotten an OC position in the NFL by now as there WERE numerous openings.

Call it unnecessary and spiteful??? I can live with that, and I think I’m being actually far to kind in my remarks about him.
    He more than earned his firing (3 years after the fact) with the “2nd and wrong” in XLIX and then took zero responsibility for such a crap play call, and then threw his players under the bus. If I was the owner then he wouldn’t have been on the return flight home, after he was canned on the spot.

It makes sense to be happy about his firing. It's the elation at his continued unemployment that gets him. Heck, I wouldn't seeing him on a team in the NFC West precisely because he was bad, just like I would love to see Fisher coach again go own the most losses record!
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• HawkGA wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:I was not a fan of Bevell as the OC, though I did start to come around to the notion that Cable was the big problem. Not sad to see both of them go. But I don't understand people reveling in him not getting another job. That's just an unnecessary level of spite.

It makes sense to be happy about his firing. It's the elation at his continued unemployment that gets him. Heck, I wouldn't seeing him on a team in the NFC West precisely because he was bad, just like I would love to see Fisher coach again go own the most losses record!

Well, yeah, there are exceptions to every rule. I would LOVE for him to be an OC for a rival or team I hate.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Can we start a GoFundMe campaign to get him hired as the OC for the Rams or 49ers?
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:38 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information