Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Colts LB Edwin Jackson killed by drunk driver this morning

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • As above, terribly sad news. RIP, Edwin.

Edwin Jackson of the Indianapolis Colts was one of two people killed in a car crash early Sunday morning involving a drunk driver on Interstate 70 in Avon, Indiana, just outside of Indianapolis.

According to the Indy Star, the 26-year-old Colts linebacker was standing alongside 54-year-old Jeffrey Monroe near a parked vehicle on the emergency shoulder when a Ford F-150 pickup truck struck and killed both.

The driver of the pickup truck attempted to flee the scene on foot, later apprehended and identified as 37-year-old Alex Cabrera Gonsales. He was driving without a license.

Jackson, who went to college at Georgia Southern and previously played for the Arizona Cardinals, was signed by the Colts in January of 2016.

He recorded 66 tackles and 2 sacks that season before being placed on injured reserve to start to 2017 season.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Wow, that sucks. Sympathies to his family.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• Makes me cuss.

After 25+ years of working on an Ambulance, I literally hate Drunk/Distracted drivers.

I’ve seen first hand, too many tragedies.

What sucks?

We all know better.

:{(
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• pmedic920 wrote:Makes me cuss.

After 25+ years of working on an Ambulance, I literally hate Drunk/Distracted drivers.

What sucks?

We all know better.

I second this
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

• So sad. Wonder why the driver didn't have a license.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• pmedic920 wrote:Makes me cuss.

What sucks?

We all know better.

Absolutely.

Every single person in the world of stable mind knows it’s not a good idea yet it continues to happen.

It makes me so angry. Selfish of the highest order.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• seahawkfreak wrote:So sad. Wonder why the driver didn't have a license.

I've got a pretty good guess, but I'm not gonna go there.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:So sad. Wonder why the driver didn't have a license.

Yup
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• Yet nobody talks about Cell Phone use while driving, you guys will slam and demean a Drunk Driver to hell, it's warranted yet people using cell phones cause more accidents now and it's looked at as a ho hum situation. I think it's worse since everyone from the top down in this country thinks they can do it and it is ok since they are not under the influence of anything.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:Yet nobody talks about Cell Phone use while driving, y9ou guys will slam and demean a Drunk Driver to hell, it's warranted yet people using cell phones cause more accidents now and it's looked at as a ho hum situation. I think it's worse since everyone from the top down in this country thinks they can do it and it is ok since they are not under the influence of anything.

Oh I'm with ya. It drives me absolutely nuts when I drive past someone and see them looking down texting.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• I-70 is somewhere you don't want to be standing outside..
    It is a shame this happened but this road has cars hitting police cars ect
    that are off to the side,it's not always drunk drivers.
    Theres your speeders that zig zag and your idiot cell texters.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Horribly sad when innocent people die due to the moronic decisions by others.

My thoughts are with him, his family, and the colts org.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sad story. Jackson had been drinking and was waiting for a UBER. RIP to both Jeffrey Monroe and Edwin Jackson.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... in-jackso/
    "The man accused of killing an NFL player and another man in a DUI-related crash Sunday morning is a Mexican immigrant whom authorities are trying to deport, according to charging documents.

Police say 37-year-old Alex Cabrera Gonsales drove a black Ford F-150 pickup truck onto the emergency shoulder along Interstate 70 around 4 a.m. Sunday, plowed into a ride-share vehicle, and killed Indianapolis Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson and 54-year-old Jeffrey Monroe of Avon.

Mr. Cabrera Gonsales didn’t have a driver’s license, tried to flee the scene of the accident and had a blood-alcohol level of at least .15 (nearly twice the legal limit), authorities said.

The booking document, which specifies that Mr. Cabrera Gonsales has a detainer request on him, does not say whether was in the U.S. illegally or as a legal permanent resident who can still be deported for a serious crime."
    massari
    NET Veteran

• It's shocking how often illegals cause this kind of thing. Very sad.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• chris98251 wrote:Yet nobody talks about Cell Phone use while driving, you guys will slam and demean a Drunk Driver to hell, it's warranted yet people using cell phones cause more accidents now and it's looked at as a ho hum situation. I think it's worse since everyone from the top down in this country thinks they can do it and it is ok since they are not under the influence of anything.

Actually, laws are getting tougher on this all over.

Back on topic, shitty news for the victims and their families, and the Colts team.
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• chris98251 wrote:Yet nobody talks about Cell Phone use while driving, you guys will slam and demean a Drunk Driver to hell, it's warranted yet people using cell phones cause more accidents now and it's looked at as a ho hum situation. I think it's worse since everyone from the top down in this country thinks they can do it and it is ok since they are not under the influence of anything.

Did you notice I said “drunk/distracted”?

That includes cell phones, eating a burger, and one of peeves, women putting on makeup.

Driving is a lot bigger responsibility than most of us consider it.

IMHO distracted driver crashes should be prosecuted and punished just like a DWI crash.
    The results are the same, and the driver made the same choice.
    Driving when they shouldn’t have been.
    We should all be equally concerned about any distractions.

Under the influence = Texting = Putting on makeup
    If you kill or injure another, punishment should be =
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Drunk drivers both deserve and need to be slammed and demeaned, buddy. And that's what this story is all about. Get out of here with that. Start a new thread about distracted driving if you want, but don't defend drunk drivers.

On topic, this is really sad news and irks me quite a bit.
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

• seahawkfreak wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:

Yup

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that his immigration status or lack of a drivers license probably didn't have anything to do with this.

The guy was driving drunk at 4 in the morning.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• nategreat wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Yet nobody talks about Cell Phone use while driving, you guys will slam and demean a Drunk Driver to hell, it's warranted yet people using cell phones cause more accidents now and it's looked at as a ho hum situation. I think it's worse since everyone from the top down in this country thinks they can do it and it is ok since they are not under the influence of anything.

Drunk drivers both deserve and need to be slammed and demeaned, buddy. And that's what this story is all about. Get out of here with that. Start a new thread about distracted driving if you want, but don't defend drunk drivers.

The poster very clearly stated that drunk drivers were deserving of the ridicule.
    TransGenderHawkFan
    NET Starter

• nategreat wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Yet nobody talks about Cell Phone use while driving, you guys will slam and demean a Drunk Driver to hell, it's warranted yet people using cell phones cause more accidents now and it's looked at as a ho hum situation. I think it's worse since everyone from the top down in this country thinks they can do it and it is ok since they are not under the influence of anything.

Put down your beer and read what I wrote !
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• pmedic920 wrote:

Did you notice I said “drunk/distracted”?

That includes cell phones, eating a burger, and one of peeves, women putting on makeup.

Driving is a lot bigger responsibility than most of us consider it.

IMHO distracted driver crashes should be prosecuted and punished just like a DWI crash.
    The results are the same, and the driver made the same choice.
    Driving when they shouldn’t have been.
    We should all be equally concerned about any distractions.

Under the influence = Texting = Putting on makeup
    If you kill or injure another, punishment should be =

Yes but distracted with intent and drunk due to stupidity in choices, I think the Cell phone problem is 10 times worse because there is intent to use it when you can choose not to, stupid drunks driving is a choice also but being intoxicated also alters judgement, just wish there was a way around stupid that could save lives.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Chapow wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:

Yup

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that his immigration status or lack of a drivers license probably didn't have anything to do with this.

He was a twice deported illegal immigrant, it most certainly does have something to do with it. He isn't here two people would still be alive.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• seahawkfreak wrote:
    Chapow wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:I've got a pretty good guess, but I'm not gonna go there.

Yup

He was a twice deported illegal immigrant, it most certainly does have something to do with it. He isn't here two people would still be alive.

Again, those two people are dead because a man was driving drunk at 4 in the morning, not because that man is an illegal immigrant or because he didn't have a drivers license.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• Chapow wrote:Again, those two people are dead because a man was driving drunk at 4 in the morning, not because that man is an illegal immigrant or because he didn't have a drivers license.

This thread's getting close to persona non grata territory, but his point is completely valid. If he's an illegal and not supposed to be here, and we enforced immigration laws more, he'd be driving drunk in his native country and not the United States. This particular incident would not have happened.

It's basic logic.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• Let's stick to the topic at hand here people. We don't need to derail the thread with other stuff here. :141847_bnono:
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• RolandDeschain wrote:It's shocking how often illegals cause this kind of thing. Very sad.

I got rear ended by one a few years back. And of course he didn’t have insurance. Cop called Homeland Security to come get him. I asked what would happen to him. They said they would deport him and he would most likely be back illegally within weeks. :pukeface:
    hawkman
    NET Rookie

• This thread bums me out for several reasons. Preach, Chapow.
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

• Chapow wrote:Again, those two people are dead because a man was driving drunk at 4 in the morning, not because that man is an illegal immigrant or because he didn't have a drivers license.

Nobody has ever been killed by a drunk US citizen.

This guy probly stole someones job to.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

• XxXdragonXxX wrote:
    Chapow wrote:Again, those two people are dead because a man was driving drunk at 4 in the morning, not because that man is an illegal immigrant or because he didn't have a drivers license.

When a US citizen does something like this then its a drinking and driving problem, when an illegal does something like this its a drinking and driving problem and a national security problem since he/she is in the country illegally. It just makes the situation even worse. Something has to be done. A lot of people are sick and tired of events like this.
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• WindCityHawk wrote:This thread bums me out for several reasons. Preach, Chapow.

XxXdragonXxX wrote:Nobody has ever been killed by a drunk US citizen.

So, since you can't still all drinking and driving incidents, what; may as well not even try? Just let whatever happen, happen? Excellent idea. :roll:
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    WindCityHawk wrote:This thread bums me out for several reasons. Preach, Chapow.

XxXdragonXxX wrote:Nobody has ever been killed by a drunk US citizen.

So, since you can't still all drinking and driving incidents, what; may as well not even try? Just let whatever happen, happen? Excellent idea. :roll:

We could try making drunk driving illegal.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

• XxXdragonXxX wrote:
    Chapow wrote:Again, those two people are dead because a man was driving drunk at 4 in the morning, not because that man is an illegal immigrant or because he didn't have a drivers license.

Must have stolen a good job to be driving that truck.
    Osprey
    NET Starter

• Guys KitsapGuy has already asked once. Please keep the discussion away from the drivers immigration status.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• original poster wrote:Guys KitsapGuy has already asked once. Please keep the discussion away from the drivers immigration status.

Sounds good. Been thinking about the poor uber driver. When I heard the names I was thinking this was one of Jackson's friends but just ended up being the wrong guy in the wrong place trying to help someone out that was sick and making a living.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• seahawkfreak wrote:
    original poster wrote:Guys KitsapGuy has already asked once. Please keep the discussion away from the drivers immigration status.

Sounds good. Been thinking about the poor uber driver. When I heard the names I was thinking this was one of Jackson's friends but just ended up being the wrong guy in the wrong place trying to help someone out that was sick and making a living.

Yeah truly horrible.

I thought it was a friend as well.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• This thread is really rounding out my Ignore list.
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:22 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information