Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

THE WITCH IS DEAD!!!

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
THE WITCH IS DEAD!!!
Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:10 pm
  • Tonight was the night that I personally believe the Patriots Dynasty has officially come to an end.

Thank you Eagles!!

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Re: THE WITCH IS DEAD!!!
Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:11 pm
  • DING DONG!!
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:16 pm
  • If Bill and Brady are there next year they probably make it to the AFCCG again...whether they win who knows but it wouldnt shock me to see them win the AFC again...who else gonna beat them? The Jags?

I truly feel if they would of won this game both of them would likely contemplate retirement...especially after the game Brady just had...there would be no better way to retire.

Now you have a pissed off Pats team going into next year

Brady is going to be 41 but he just put up the most yards ever in SB history

The real benefit to us is now that the Eagles have won that is going to impact that cap and team as we saw with our own team....your depth goes away and you have to end up paying players more than they are actually worth

"Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does"
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:52 pm
  • Dilly, dilly! Hopefully the witch is dead for good.
    GO HAWKS!
    ballhawks12
    NET Rookie

Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:53 pm
  • Pats will be in super bowl next year. I don't see anyone around them that is better. As long as jags have Bortles they don't win. Steelers are in cap hell
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:00 pm
  • WilsonMVP wrote:If Bill and Brady are there next year they probably make it to the AFCCG again...whether they win who knows but it wouldnt shock me to see them win the AFC again...who else gonna beat them? The Jags?

I truly feel if they would of won this game both of them would likely contemplate retirement...especially after the game Brady just had...there would be no better way to retire.

Now you have a pissed off Pats team going into next year

Brady is going to be 41 but he just put up the most yards ever in SB history

The real benefit to us is now that the Eagles have won that is going to impact that cap and team as we saw with our own team....your depth goes away and you have to end up paying players more than they are actually worth

It also should be noted that Gronk wouldn't discuss his future aside from saying he would evaluate things in a couple of weeks, so he is at least contemplating retirement as well. Granted, I'm sure that is just emotion from this loss talking and I fully expect him on the gridiron next season. But it would truly be something if Belichick/Brady/Gronk retired after this, wouldn't it? One can dream.
    GO HAWKS!
    ballhawks12
    NET Rookie

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:04 pm
  • Cyrus12 wrote:Pats will be in super bowl next year. I don't see anyone around them that is better. As long as jags have Bortles they don't win. Steelers are in cap hell

At some point Brady will hit a wall. That probability increases every year.

Predicting what teams across a conference will look like and play like based on this year isn't meaningful. If the Rams, Eagles, and Jaguars can have an insane upswing, someone else can next year. And if they're in the AFC East the Patriots won't automatically get far once they have to go play road playoff games.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:20 pm
  • bmorepunk wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:Pats will be in super bowl next year. I don't see anyone around them that is better. As long as jags have Bortles they don't win. Steelers are in cap hell

Predicting what teams across a conference will look like and play like based on this year isn't meaningful. If the Rams, Eagles, and Jaguars can have an insane upswing, someone else can next year. And if they're in the AFC East the Patriots won't automatically get far once they have to go play road playoff games.

Absolutely spot on. How many great players were playing at an extremely high level one year then the next season became average. It could be argued other variables were involved but for the most part they just don't look like the same player. Manning comes to mind. I truly didn't believe that the 30 year rule would effect Ladainian Tomlinson but it did. We will have to wait and see with Brady.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:21 pm
  • bmorepunk wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:Pats will be in super bowl next year. I don't see anyone around them that is better. As long as jags have Bortles they don't win. Steelers are in cap hell

That wall will come but he has arguably played his best 2 superbowl games the last 2 years. Totally different situation than Manning. He was totally carried to his last SB win and was horrible that year and had injury issues

WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:29 pm
  • Pats will likely be back on track to the Super Bowl next year assuming BB and Brady return. That said, both are nearing retirement and that team is gonna fall off a cliff when it happens. Brady hides so many problems on that roster and belichick is able to get a lot out of defensive players who don’t fit most teams. Plus Jimmy G is out in SF now with a young, smart offensive HC so they got no one in line.

And gronk sounded 50/50 on retiring this year in his post game interview. Dudes taken a ton of helmet to helmet hits recently and probably should evaluate what type of life he wants after football.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:34 pm

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:45 pm
  • mistaowen wrote:Pats will likely be back on track to the Super Bowl next year assuming BB and Brady return. That said, both are nearing retirement and that team is gonna fall off a cliff when it happens. Brady hides so many problems on that roster and belichick is able to get a lot out of defensive players who don’t fit most teams. Plus Jimmy G is out in SF now with a young, smart offensive HC so they got no one in line.

And gronk sounded 50/50 on retiring this year in his post game interview. Dudes taken a ton of helmet to helmet hits recently and probably should evaluate what type of life he wants after football.

IF Brady goes he probably retires....If Bill goes....I think he might stay since Brady will be there but who knows.

Dude has nothing to prove. Him and Brady are tied with most postseason TDs for a pair with Montana and RIce

WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:59 pm
  • mistaowen wrote:Pats will likely be back on track to the Super Bowl next year assuming BB and Brady return. That said, both are nearing retirement and that team is gonna fall off a cliff when it happens. Brady hides so many problems on that roster and belichick is able to get a lot out of defensive players who don’t fit most teams. Plus Jimmy G is out in SF now with a young, smart offensive HC so they got no one in line.

I don't think there is much difference from a concussed Gronk to normal Gronk.
    djb28
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:03 pm
  • WilsonMVP wrote:
    bmorepunk wrote:

That wall will come but he has arguably played his best 2 superbowl games the last 2 years. Totally different situation than Manning. He was totally carried to his last SB win and was horrible that year and had injury issues

For what it's worth, the Pats should be getting Edelman, Marcus Cannon, Marty B, and Donta Hightower back next year. I think the loss of Hightower specifically really reared its head this game.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:27 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:
    WilsonMVP wrote:
    bmorepunk wrote:

For what it's worth, the Pats should be getting Edelman, Marcus Cannon, Marty B, and Donta Hightower back next year. I think the loss of Hightower specifically really reared its head this game.

Cooks ALSO went out early in the game but it was def the defense that lost this game for them. Brady couldnt of played much better than he did.

WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:32 pm
  • Was watching LT say on the NFL network that putting safeties on the slot instead of Malcom Butler could have cost them the game. I'll interested to see if this argument continues.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:28 am
  • Yeah it's interesting that Butler is a big story in two of their past SBs. Comes off the bench to win them one and now they're left wondering if benching him cost them another.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:35 am
  • The Pats will be back..The AFC is weak...
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:55 am
  • IndyHawk wrote:The Pats will be back..The AFC is weak...

I think Houston could make some noise with Watt, Mercilus, and Watson back. They almost beat the Pats in Foxborough and exposed the Pats D almost as badly as the Eagles did. I hope the Jags crawl back into their hole and go away, committing to Bortles LOL. Steelers are always in the mix and the Ravens might find their way back into contention. Chargers are an interesting one. I've heard their fans talk about how talented they are for a few years now, perhaps they'll finally put it together on the field? Denver could be pretty good if they get Cousins.

I get your point though, it doesn't seem like much stands in the way of another Pats AFC champ appearance (at least) besides Brady hitting the wall.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:21 am
  • I think we've got a couple more years of the Pats at the top, personally.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:47 pm
  • WilsonMVP wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:
    WilsonMVP wrote:
    bmorepunk wrote:

Cooks ALSO went out early in the game but it was def the defense that lost this game for them. Brady couldnt of played much better than he did.

Oh there was one play that I think he could have done better with, it was close to the end of the game.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:52 pm
  • They are losing Matt Patricia who has been huge for their defense, and Josh McDaniels who imho, is a savant when it comes to being and OC.

That will effect their team. And if Dante Scharneccia retires (again), Brady is screwed. (Unless they hire Tom Cable :p )
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:55 pm
  • We've heard this before.

Until Brady and/or Belichick retire or leave NE, I fear the Patriots will continue to be the NFL Terminator..............They can't be bargained with. They can't be reasoned with. They doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And they absolutely will not stop, ever.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:08 pm
  • I believe Patricia has been a big reason for their success. Tom Brady is of course, but Top 10 D for 5 or 6 years is nothing to sneeze at. Especially when Bellicheck keeps trading away talent.

"The 43-year-old has been Bill Belichick's defensive coordinator in New England since 2012. In those six seasons, Patricia has never ranked outside the top 10 in scoring defense, winning two Super Bowl rings in that same time frame."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... h-of-lions
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:28 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:I believe Patricia has been a big reason for their success. Tom Brady is of course, but Top 10 D for 5 or 6 years is nothing to sneeze at. Especially when Bellicheck keeps trading away talent.

Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weis also left back in the day.

Don't be mistaken, Belichick is the evil genius that runs that organization, from top to bottom. It's why the Pats have been able to plug and play not only on the field personnel, but the coaching staff...........and not miss a beat.

If he and Brady both come back? I don't see how it's any different.

The question for Belichick is, does he have the energy at 66 to once again start over training an entire new staff, on both sides of the ball? Let's hope no, and he goes back to ringing the clock tower bell where his soulless heartless joyless curmudgeon ass belongs.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:41 pm
  • If Gronkowski retired, that would be a blow.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:05 pm
  • But.. what is dead may never die.
    BirdsCommaAngry
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:30 pm
  • BirdsCommaAngry wrote:But.. what is dead may never die.

Iron-born scum.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:17 pm
  • hawknation2018 wrote:If Gronkowski retired, that would be a blow.

Nah they would trade for Vannett and he would be a instant Pro Bowler.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:09 pm
  • I am really glad the Eagles won it. :irishdrinkers:
    L.O.B.
    Adopt a rookie: Tre Flowers
    raisethe3
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:05 pm
  • I honestly wouldn't say that. Tom Brady at age 40 just put up over 500 yards in the superbowl. If NE gets a respectable defense again, they will keep walking through the AFC. They still play in a crap division and in the weaker conference. He took a few good beatings yesterday too and kept playing at a high level. I'm thinking 2-3 more years for Brady.
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:51 am
  • Gronk won't retire, think he's due $9M next season, thats a lot of beer for him.

Also heard rumours on Twitter that their OC may end up staying.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:54 am
  • original poster wrote:Gronk won't retire, think he's due $9M next season, thats a lot of beer for him.

Also heard rumours on Twitter that their OC may end up staying.

Nope.

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:23 pm
  • I know it's unlikely but I would not be said to see Brady 2017-2018 follow the career arc of Brett Favre 2009-2010
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:54 pm
  • McDaniels now staying on in NE.

Colts must be a *little bit* annoyed at that one...
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:52 pm
  • HawkRiderFan wrote:I know it's unlikely but I would not be said to see Brady 2017-2018 follow the career arc of Brett Favre 2009-2010

I don't think anyone outside of NE fans would mind that.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:52 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information