THE WITCH IS DEAD!!!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Tonight was the night that I personally believe the Patriots Dynasty has officially come to an end.

Thank you Eagles!!

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
If Bill and Brady are there next year they probably make it to the AFCCG again...whether they win who knows but it wouldnt shock me to see them win the AFC again...who else gonna beat them? The Jags?

I truly feel if they would of won this game both of them would likely contemplate retirement...especially after the game Brady just had...there would be no better way to retire.

Now you have a pissed off Pats team going into next year

Brady is going to be 41 but he just put up the most yards ever in SB history

The real benefit to us is now that the Eagles have won that is going to impact that cap and team as we saw with our own team....your depth goes away and you have to end up paying players more than they are actually worth

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Pats will be in super bowl next year. I don't see anyone around them that is better. As long as jags have Bortles they don't win. Steelers are in cap hell

ballhawks12

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1zcrz4xd said:
If Bill and Brady are there next year they probably make it to the AFCCG again...whether they win who knows but it wouldnt shock me to see them win the AFC again...who else gonna beat them? The Jags?

I truly feel if they would of won this game both of them would likely contemplate retirement...especially after the game Brady just had...there would be no better way to retire.

Now you have a pissed off Pats team going into next year

Brady is going to be 41 but he just put up the most yards ever in SB history

The real benefit to us is now that the Eagles have won that is going to impact that cap and team as we saw with our own team....your depth goes away and you have to end up paying players more than they are actually worth

It also should be noted that Gronk wouldn't discuss his future aside from saying he would evaluate things in a couple of weeks, so he is at least contemplating retirement as well. Granted, I'm sure that is just emotion from this loss talking and I fully expect him on the gridiron next season. But it would truly be something if Belichick/Brady/Gronk retired after this, wouldn't it? One can dream.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1wj9fs2n said:
Pats will be in super bowl next year. I don't see anyone around them that is better. As long as jags have Bortles they don't win. Steelers are in cap hell

At some point Brady will hit a wall. That probability increases every year.

Predicting what teams across a conference will look like and play like based on this year isn't meaningful. If the Rams, Eagles, and Jaguars can have an insane upswing, someone else can next year. And if they're in the AFC East the Patriots won't automatically get far once they have to go play road playoff games.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
bmorepunk":1ay8rt1p said:
Cyrus12":1ay8rt1p said:

Predicting what teams across a conference will look like and play like based on this year isn't meaningful. If the Rams, Eagles, and Jaguars can have an insane upswing, someone else can next year. And if they're in the AFC East the Patriots won't automatically get far once they have to go play road playoff games.

Absolutely spot on. How many great players were playing at an extremely high level one year then the next season became average. It could be argued other variables were involved but for the most part they just don't look like the same player. Manning comes to mind. I truly didn't believe that the 30 year rule would effect Ladainian Tomlinson but it did. We will have to wait and see with Brady.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
bmorepunk":3gc1h9ph said:
Cyrus12":3gc1h9ph said:

That wall will come but he has arguably played his best 2 superbowl games the last 2 years. Totally different situation than Manning. He was totally carried to his last SB win and was horrible that year and had injury issues

mistaowen

Reaction score
Pats will likely be back on track to the Super Bowl next year assuming BB and Brady return. That said, both are nearing retirement and that team is gonna fall off a cliff when it happens. Brady hides so many problems on that roster and belichick is able to get a lot out of defensive players who don’t fit most teams. Plus Jimmy G is out in SF now with a young, smart offensive HC so they got no one in line.

And gronk sounded 50/50 on retiring this year in his post game interview. Dudes taken a ton of helmet to helmet hits recently and probably should evaluate what type of life he wants after football.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
mistaowen":29dyjp92 said:
Pats will likely be back on track to the Super Bowl next year assuming BB and Brady return. That said, both are nearing retirement and that team is gonna fall off a cliff when it happens. Brady hides so many problems on that roster and belichick is able to get a lot out of defensive players who don’t fit most teams. Plus Jimmy G is out in SF now with a young, smart offensive HC so they got no one in line.

And gronk sounded 50/50 on retiring this year in his post game interview. Dudes taken a ton of helmet to helmet hits recently and probably should evaluate what type of life he wants after football.

IF Brady goes he probably retires....If Bill goes....I think he might stay since Brady will be there but who knows.

Dude has nothing to prove. Him and Brady are tied with most postseason TDs for a pair with Montana and RIce

djb28

Reaction score
mistaowen":2vv8zdro said:

I don't think there is much difference from a concussed Gronk to normal Gronk.

adeltaY

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":dj28ee2g said:
bmorepunk":dj28ee2g said:
Cyrus12":dj28ee2g said:

That wall will come but he has arguably played his best 2 superbowl games the last 2 years. Totally different situation than Manning. He was totally carried to his last SB win and was horrible that year and had injury issues

For what it's worth, the Pats should be getting Edelman, Marcus Cannon, Marty B, and Donta Hightower back next year. I think the loss of Hightower specifically really reared its head this game.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
adeltaY":tyyzdp25 said:
WilsonMVP":tyyzdp25 said:
bmorepunk":tyyzdp25 said:
Cyrus12":tyyzdp25 said:

For what it's worth, the Pats should be getting Edelman, Marcus Cannon, Marty B, and Donta Hightower back next year. I think the loss of Hightower specifically really reared its head this game.

Cooks ALSO went out early in the game but it was def the defense that lost this game for them. Brady couldnt of played much better than he did.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Was watching LT say on the NFL network that putting safeties on the slot instead of Malcom Butler could have cost them the game. I'll interested to see if this argument continues.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Yeah it's interesting that Butler is a big story in two of their past SBs. Comes off the bench to win them one and now they're left wondering if benching him cost them another.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The Pats will be back..The AFC is weak...

adeltaY

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3lkihple said:
The Pats will be back..The AFC is weak...

I think Houston could make some noise with Watt, Mercilus, and Watson back. They almost beat the Pats in Foxborough and exposed the Pats D almost as badly as the Eagles did. I hope the Jags crawl back into their hole and go away, committing to Bortles LOL. Steelers are always in the mix and the Ravens might find their way back into contention. Chargers are an interesting one. I've heard their fans talk about how talented they are for a few years now, perhaps they'll finally put it together on the field? Denver could be pretty good if they get Cousins.

I get your point though, it doesn't seem like much stands in the way of another Pats AFC champ appearance (at least) besides Brady hitting the wall.