Malcom Butler to the Seahawks?

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
What do you think about going out and getting Malcom Butler in free agency?

mistaowen

Reaction score
He’s gonna want a big contract even though he hasn’t been as good the past two seasons. Don’t think another high paid CB is what this team needs.

Not playing him a snap tonight was a weird call even if his play was down. BB said it was personnel related and not disciplinary but he is certainly better than the guys who played over him.

chris98251

Reaction score
mistaowen":1029we65 said:
He’s gonna want a big contract even though he hasn’t been as good the past two seasons. Don’t think another high paid CB is what this team needs.

Not playing him a snap tonight was a weird call even if his play was down. BB said it was personnel related and not disciplinary but he is certainly better than the guys who played over him.

Well he was in tears before the game, playing special teams though, Bill doesn't disclose anything, something happened I would think.

mistaowen

Reaction score
chris98251":ybu2lehk said:
mistaowen":ybu2lehk said:

Well he was in tears before the game, playing special teams though, Bill doesn't disclose anything, something happened I would think.

I have to agree something happened it just seems weird, he acted like he had no idea why and practiced as the starter all week. Even Rowe who played for him said he was surprised. Unless Bill just truly didn’t like the WR match ups? Who knows... neither defense really did much anyway. Felt like a Texas Tech vs Oklahoma college game.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Isn't he too small for our prototypical outside CB? I think Coleman has the slot job locked down so I'm not sure if Butler would fit with what Pete wants to do.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
"They gave up on me," Butler said after the game. "It is what it is."

The Patriots cornerback, the hero of Super Bowl XLIX, played a bit on special teams in the second half but not a single down on defense.

NBC asked Patriots coach Bill Belichick at halftime why Butler was not playing and reported that the coach said, "I made the decisions that give us the best chance to win."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2232 ... r-bowl-lii

:D

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
No thanks. We have better and cheaper alternatives. If Brandon Browner didn’t tell him where to line up and the exact spot the ball was going on the “2nd and wrong” you wouldn’t know who Malcom Butler was today.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1dp5god3 said:
No thanks. We have better and cheaper alternatives. If Brandon Browner didn’t tell him where to line up and the exact spot the ball was going on the “2nd and wrong” you wouldn’t know who Malcom Butler was today.

That's a little unfair. He actually was really good and consistent in 2015 and 2016 and regressed this year. He would've had to battle his way through training camp, but talent will out.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
He is so overrated. Hes still dining out on xlix and thinks hes a great cb because of it. No thanks.

Wartooth

Reaction score
He can't cover big receivers... And obviously, Rowe can't either!

mistaowen

Reaction score
I like the crew they're going into the season with in the secondary anyways. I have a feeling Sherm will be hungry (he looked like his normal self even with a partially torn achilles for most of the year) and Shaq takes a big step forward with his offseason training. Plus Coleman looked good in the slot. See what happens with Kam, hopefully keep Mcdougald at a relatively fair contract, and work things out with Earl.

NJlargent

Reaction score
No way. His presence on the team would be detrimental to the locker room.