Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Irony - Philly threw the ball on the goal line

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Anybody find it ironic that Philly threw the ball on the Patriots on the goal line and it worked? Dang!

Probably happened because Malcom Butler wasn't in the game.

Maybe the difference was execution by the players.
    Last edited by MO Hawk on Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
    MO Hawk
    NET Rookie

• Probably.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• MO Hawk wrote:Anybody find it ironic that Philly threw the ball on the Patriots on the goal line and it worked? Dang!

They werent dumb enough to call a slant though.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• pittpnthrs wrote:
    MO Hawk wrote:Anybody find it ironic that Philly threw the ball on the Patriots on the goal line and it worked? Dang!

Yeah, they threw it to the outside where the defenders weren't clustered around the point of attack.
    "We have an opportunity to win multiple Super Bowls."
    -Russell Wilson
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

• Should have run it...... :sarcasm_off:
    Seahawkville
    NET Rookie

• MO Hawk wrote:Anybody find it ironic that Philly threw the ball on the Patriots on the goal line and it worked? Dang!

Apples and Oranges. Their OC wasnt an assclown that called a slant into a stacked and crowded box.
    Philly called a safe pass. The revisionist history by the Bevellites is downright comical at this point.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Because the play call was actually good and wasn't the most predictable pass of all time into the most crowded box of all time
    Vpk0718
    NET Veteran

• pittpnthrs wrote:
    MO Hawk wrote:Anybody find it ironic that Philly threw the ball on the Patriots on the goal line and it worked? Dang!

Ya they only had their backup TE throw into the endzone to their QB. A truly sound and smart play lol

"Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does"
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

• WilsonMVP wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:

Ya they only had their backup TE throw into the endzone to their QB. A truly sound and smart play lol

Except he was a former QB at Texas A & M.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• What did they do on second down?
    Now a guppy driver. Loving the Hawks with my bro Nanomoz for over 30 years
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

• Seahawkville wrote:Should have run it...... :sarcasm_off:

Actually, the way Blount was working the short yardage runs... you're not wrong.
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

• WilsonMVP wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:

You’re kidding right? The Super Bowl Losing Interception was from a formation where tons of Seahawk film had them running that pattern combination, while not one time in team history has Philadelphia come out in a pistol bunch, motioned their QB to a wingback position, direct snapped to the RB, reversed to the TE and threw to the QB/WB into the flat.

Comparing those two calls is absurd.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

• And Nick Foles called the play during the timeout, not the OC or Pederson.

https://streamable.com/zr4pv
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

• 253hawk wrote:And Nick Foles called the play during the timeout, not the OC or Pederson.

https://streamable.com/zr4pv

Yeah I saw that, pretty cool.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Couple things....

1) They don't have Marshawn in the backfield.
    2) Not only did they throw it, they ran like a 3 in one trick play (Direct Snap to RB/End Around/TE pass to QB)

I was not a fan of Doug Peterson, but calling that play in that circumstance was Balsy.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:Couple things....

1) They don't have Marshawn in the backfield.
    2) Not only did they throw it, they ran like a 3 in one trick play (Direct Snap to RB/End Around/TE pass to QB)

I was not a fan of Doug Peterson, but calling that play in that circumstance was Balsy.

Their first (or might have been second) 4th down attempt was down right ballsy as well.

Execution was certainly the word of the hour.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• 5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    WilsonMVP wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:

You’re kidding right? The Super Bowl Losing Interception was from a formation where tons of Seahawk film had them running that pattern combination, while not one time in team history has Philadelphia come out in a pistol bunch, motioned their QB to a wingback position, direct snapped to the RB, reversed to the TE and threw to the QB/WB into the flat.

Comparing those two calls is absurd.

Bingo, this guy gets it! ^^^
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• My point was not to compare the two, but to point out to outsiders who said we were stupid to throw the ball on the goal line that other teams do it and maybe "throwing" instead of running wasn't in and of it's self a bad idea.

All else you said about all the film on what Seattle did vs. Philly never showing that look I completely agree with.

I've heard so many analyst blast us for throwing instead of running. My point in the post is that we weren't the only one willing to throw on the Pats on the goal line. In fact, even with our disaster to learn from, Philly still threw the ball on the goal line even though they had a solid running game.

Another point you didn't mention is that the Pats had Brandon Brauner, who had played with Seattle the year before and I'm sure told the Pat's that play was one of Bevill's favorites. In fact, as we found out later, they practiced defending that exact play.

So my point was that maybe we weren't so stupid to throw on the goal line after all, then all the other things mentioned in this thread about what Philly had and we didn't.
    MO Hawk
    NET Rookie

• I’d say many believe the actual play that was called was stupid, not throwing in itself. The Eagles play was great. So happy that happened to the Patriots
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• They weren’t on the 1 yard line...
    AF_BASS_MAN
    NET Rookie

• MO Hawk wrote:My point was not to compare the two, but to point out to outsiders who said we were stupid to throw the ball on the goal line that other teams do it and maybe "throwing" instead of running wasn't in and of it's self a bad idea.

All else you said about all the film on what Seattle did vs. Philly never showing that look I completely agree with.

I've heard so many analyst blast us for throwing instead of running. My point in the post is that we weren't the only one willing to throw on the Pats on the goal line. In fact, even with our disaster to learn from, Philly still threw the ball on the goal line even though they had a solid running game.

Another point you didn't mention is that the Pats had Brandon Brauner, who had played with Seattle the year before and I'm sure told the Pat's that play was one of Bevill's favorites. In fact, as we found out later, they practiced defending that exact play.

So my point was that maybe we weren't so stupid to throw on the goal line after all, then all the other things mentioned in this thread about what Philly had and we didn't.

:lol:
    I will add that it's only stupid when the play fails.
    Nothing is going to work every time.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Uncle Si wrote:I’d say many believe the actual play that was called was stupid, not throwing in itself. The Eagles play was great. So happy that happened to the Patriots

Yep, this. How we threw was idiotic, and that was ALL on Bevell. THAT we threw was not stupid.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• IndyHawk wrote:
    MO Hawk wrote:My point was not to compare the two, but to point out to outsiders who said we were stupid to throw the ball on the goal line that other teams do it and maybe "throwing" instead of running wasn't in and of it's self a bad idea.

:lol:
    I will add that it's only stupid when the play fails.
    Nothing is going to work every time.

2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Apples and oranges

That was the "Philly Special".

Right time, right call, not the last play of the game.
    Vesuve
    NET Rookie

It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:53 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information