SANDO How Belichick assistants have fared as NFL head coach

ivotuk

Reaction score
How Belichick assistants have fared as NFL head coaches

NFL head-coaching candidates with ties to New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick have already filled multiple openings during the 2018 hiring cycle.

The other Belichick associates -- some with strong ties to Belichick, others with weaker ones -- have combined for a 156-227 (.407) record as head coaches under varying circumstances, with only one posting a winning record so far.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2234 ... ike-vrabel

NINEster

Reaction score
Belichick does not prepare people for their futures, just to further his.

chris98251

Reaction score
NINEster":26q1gh8j said:
Belichick does not prepare people for their futures, just to further his.

Neither did Alexander the Great, you don't want to be looking over your shoulder, Just ask Caesar.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
chris98251":eq5p9v2m said:
Neither did Alexander the Great, you don't want to be looking over your shoulder, Just ask Caesar.
I just said this in another thread, but it is very applicable here, too: Winning cures all. Success earns a lot of forgiveness.

NINEster

Reaction score
If Bill Walsh didn't prepare Holmgren, then no SB win for Favre or first trip for Seattle.

Walsh >> BB.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NINEster":2zp296v5 said:
If Bill Walsh didn't prepare Holmgren, then no SB win for Favre or first trip for Seattle.

Walsh >> BB.
Since niner fans like to point out championships...

Walsh 3
Billycheat 5

Billycheat > Walsh.

I liked and respected Walsh and cannot stand Billycheat, but Billycheat has more shiny silver trophies.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1ac40cw1 said:
NINEster":1ac40cw1 said:

Walsh >> BB.
Since niner fans like to point out championships...

Walsh 3
Billycheat 5

Billycheat > Walsh.

I liked and respected Walsh and cannot stand Billycheat, but Billycheat has more shiny silver trophies.

In the end it doesn't matter, but Billycheat should have asterisks next to at least a couple of his. I hate cheaters.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
So, I'm not the super football historian or anything, but isn't Bill Walsh credited with inventing the West Coast Offense? And didn't the WCA essentially revamp the entire landscape of the NFL for generations? Aren't some teams running what is essentially the WCA to this very day?

Has Belichick done anything at all remotely comparable to that? Anything? Serious question.

chris98251

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":2wjek3ma said:
So, I'm not the super football historian or anything, but isn't Bill Walsh credited with inventing the West Coast Offense? And didn't the WCA essentially revamp the entire landscape of the NFL for generations? Aren't some teams running what is essentially the WCA to this very day?

Has Belichick done anything at all remotely comparable to that? Anything? Serious question.

He took the rules to the very edge at every turn and created new rules for observation of other teams.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Darth Belicheck sends his assistants out to sabotage other teams. I thought everyone knew this.