Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Jimmy Graham joins Texans ?!?

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Jimmy Graham joins Texans ?!?
Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:43 pm
  • Just logged in my Twitter account and saw this.. What is that ?

Gio
    NET Rookie

Re: Jimmy Graham joins Texans ?!?
Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:54 pm
  • Pretty sure that would not be possible because free agency hasnt started yet.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:05 pm
  • Looks like DeAndre Hopkins wishful thinking...extending the invitation.
    Not sure I'd like to see that happen.
    HawkFreak
    NET Rookie

Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:35 pm
  • Man I hope not. Not really sure why everyone loves the idea of trying to jettison some of our top talent for drafts picks that could very likely turn into Aaron Curry and Malik McDowell.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:20 pm
  • For some reason I see Jimmy in a Pats uniform next year.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:20 pm
  • Mistashoesta wrote:Man I hope not. Not really sure why everyone loves the idea of trying to jettison some of our top talent for drafts picks that could very likely turn into Aaron Curry and Malik McDowell.

This is called reading way too much into a harmless advertisement from one player to another lol.

Lol....
    AF_BASS_MAN
    NET Rookie

Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:23 pm
  • It would suck if he leaves(probably will) but at least he goes to the AFC
    FDNYHAWK
    NET Rookie

Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:12 pm
  • Mistashoesta wrote:Man I hope not. Not really sure why everyone loves the idea of trying to jettison some of our top talent for drafts picks that could very likely turn into Aaron Curry and Malik McDowell.

Weird post? We get nothing for Graham, he is a free agent. Maybe a comp pick next year, but the reason people are not fighting this is because he is soft, doesn't fit a run 1st team, and we absolutely cannot afford him. Oh and Russell / Bevell taking 3 years to figure out how to throw a TD pass to him didn't help either.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:26 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    Mistashoesta wrote:Man I hope not. Not really sure why everyone loves the idea of trying to jettison some of our top talent for drafts picks that could very likely turn into Aaron Curry and Malik McDowell.

Weird post? We get nothing for Graham, he is a free agent. Maybe a comp pick next year, but the reason people are not fighting this is because he is soft, doesn't fit a run 1st team, and we absolutely cannot afford him. Oh and Russell / Bevell taking 3 years to figure out how to throw a TD pass to him didn't help either.

Yeah, agree. I'm not even really sure his positives outweigh his negatives. IMO we should have no interest in a TE that cannot block and weirdly enough we have/had two that cannot (jury's still out even if Vannett can block or not).
    Last edited by seahawkfreak on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:07 pm
  • Good for him.
    At least Bill O'Brien knows how to use him.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:08 pm

Or the draft picks could turn into JJ Watt or Jalen Ramsey
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:11 pm
  • Graham seems like a good dude. He's just not a real TE. You put him in a passing offense and he might be worth 10M lining up at mostly Slot and WR while maybe taking a few snaps here and there as a Move TE or H-Back.

You would think that with the Hawks passing the ball 60% of the time (or more, if you discount RW scrambles) that we'd have some almost indefensible plays to his tall arse that were real quick hitters in...basically just some high efficiency play takes a 3 step drop and throw in less than 2 seconds. It's just never happened though. We're not that team.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:16 pm
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:46 pm
  • KitsapGuy wrote:

Yeah because he's going to make a ton of money being Gronk's backup.
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:08 pm
  • McDaniels would find plenty of ways to get them both on the field. I don't think they'd pay Jimmy in the $8-10M range, but who knows? Also, Gronk gets hurt a lot and was contemplating retirement after the SB so having another TE1 would be pretty helpful for NE. Of course, I highly doubt they'd sign him, it just doesn't seem like the kind of thing NE does.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:27 pm
  • vin.couve12 wrote:Graham seems like a good dude. He's just not a real TE. You put him in a passing offense and he might be worth 10M lining up at mostly Slot and WR while maybe taking a few snaps here and there as a Move TE or H-Back.

You would think that with the Hawks passing the ball 60% of the time (or more, if you discount RW scrambles) that we'd have some almost indefensible plays to his tall arse that were real quick hitters in...basically just some high efficiency play takes a 3 step drop and throw in less than 2 seconds. It's just never happened though. We didn't have that imaginative of an OC.

FIFY
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:24 am
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    KitsapGuy wrote:

Yeah because he's going to make a ton of money being Gronk's backup.

Aaron Hernandez made a lot of money being Gronk's backup. They have been looking for his replacement ever since.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:27 pm
  • HawkFan72 wrote:Aaron Hernandez made a lot of money being Gronk's backup. They have been looking for his replacement ever since.

Not sure "backup" is the right word. They rolled out two tight-end sets a LOT with Hernandez.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:39 am
  • I'd be fine keeping Jimmy and using him as a WR, but he was a liability since the 'brain trust' had him blocking so much. Don't see much changing w/ schottenheimer and Pete

Putting Baldwin w/ his hand in the ground at the end of the line would be better than 0 effort Jimmy.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:50 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    HawkFan72 wrote:Aaron Hernandez made a lot of money being Gronk's backup. They have been looking for his replacement ever since.

Not sure "backup" is the right word. They rolled out two tight-end sets a LOT with Hernandez.

I'm just saying, they would likely have the same idea if they signed Graham. They have been looking for that mismatch 2nd TE for a while (Bennett, Allen) and they will pay a 2nd TE a lot if they can find the right guy.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:47 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information