Jimmy Graham joins Texans ?!?

Gio

Reaction score
Just logged in my Twitter account and saw this.. What is that ?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DeAndreHopkins/status/962450938714714112[/tweet]

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Looks like DeAndre Hopkins wishful thinking...extending the invitation.
Not sure I'd like to see that happen.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Man I hope not. Not really sure why everyone loves the idea of trying to jettison some of our top talent for drafts picks that could very likely turn into Aaron Curry and Malik McDowell.

getnasty

Reaction score
For some reason I see Jimmy in a Pats uniform next year.

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":ewnlt4ok said:
Man I hope not. Not really sure why everyone loves the idea of trying to jettison some of our top talent for drafts picks that could very likely turn into Aaron Curry and Malik McDowell.

This is called reading way too much into a harmless advertisement from one player to another lol.

Lol....

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
It would suck if he leaves(probably will) but at least he goes to the AFC

Seymour

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":2zhujw15 said:

Weird post? We get nothing for Graham, he is a free agent. Maybe a comp pick next year, but the reason people are not fighting this is because he is soft, doesn't fit a run 1st team, and we absolutely cannot afford him. Oh and Russell / Bevell taking 3 years to figure out how to throw a TD pass to him didn't help either.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Seymour":330bq12t said:
Mistashoesta":330bq12t said:

Weird post? We get nothing for Graham, he is a free agent. Maybe a comp pick next year, but the reason people are not fighting this is because he is soft, doesn't fit a run 1st team, and we absolutely cannot afford him. Oh and Russell / Bevell taking 3 years to figure out how to throw a TD pass to him didn't help either.

Yeah, agree. I'm not even really sure his positives outweigh his negatives. IMO we should have no interest in a TE that cannot block and weirdly enough we have/had two that cannot (jury's still out even if Vannett can block or not).

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Good for him.
At least Bill O'Brien knows how to use him.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":7xwyew11 said:

Or the draft picks could turn into JJ Watt or Jalen Ramsey

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Graham seems like a good dude. He's just not a real TE. You put him in a passing offense and he might be worth 10M lining up at mostly Slot and WR while maybe taking a few snaps here and there as a Move TE or H-Back.

You would think that with the Hawks passing the ball 60% of the time (or more, if you discount RW scrambles) that we'd have some almost indefensible plays to his tall arse that were real quick hitters in...basically just some high efficiency play takes a 3 step drop and throw in less than 2 seconds. It's just never happened though. We're not that team.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2qvwhgsf said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/963178451896274945[/tweet]

Yeah because he's going to make a ton of money being Gronk's backup.

adeltaY

Reaction score
McDaniels would find plenty of ways to get them both on the field. I don't think they'd pay Jimmy in the $8-10M range, but who knows? Also, Gronk gets hurt a lot and was contemplating retirement after the SB so having another TE1 would be pretty helpful for NE. Of course, I highly doubt they'd sign him, it just doesn't seem like the kind of thing NE does.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2jduw0f0 said:
Graham seems like a good dude. He's just not a real TE. You put him in a passing offense and he might be worth 10M lining up at mostly Slot and WR while maybe taking a few snaps here and there as a Move TE or H-Back.

You would think that with the Hawks passing the ball 60% of the time (or more, if you discount RW scrambles) that we'd have some almost indefensible plays to his tall arse that were real quick hitters in...basically just some high efficiency play takes a 3 step drop and throw in less than 2 seconds. It's just never happened though. We didn't have that imaginative of an OC.

FIFY

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":3rmj931d said:
KitsapGuy":3rmj931d said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/963178451896274945[/tweet]

Yeah because he's going to make a ton of money being Gronk's backup.

Aaron Hernandez made a lot of money being Gronk's backup. They have been looking for his replacement ever since.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2fas33px said:
Aaron Hernandez made a lot of money being Gronk's backup. They have been looking for his replacement ever since.
Not sure "backup" is the right word. They rolled out two tight-end sets a LOT with Hernandez.

Smellyman

Reaction score
I'd be fine keeping Jimmy and using him as a WR, but he was a liability since the 'brain trust' had him blocking so much. Don't see much changing w/ schottenheimer and Pete

Putting Baldwin w/ his hand in the ground at the end of the line would be better than 0 effort Jimmy.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2y4q1zr4 said:
HawkFan72":2y4q1zr4 said:
Not sure "backup" is the right word. They rolled out two tight-end sets a LOT with Hernandez.

I'm just saying, they would likely have the same idea if they signed Graham. They have been looking for that mismatch 2nd TE for a while (Bennett, Allen) and they will pay a 2nd TE a lot if they can find the right guy.