Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Reuben Foster Arrested On Domestic Violence Charges

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • San Francisco 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster was arrested Sunday on charges of domestic violence, according to reports.

Foster, a 23-year-old first-round pick in last year's NFL draft, was arrested in Los Gatos in Santa Clara County, California, and is currently being held without bail, the San Francisco Chronicle reported.

County jail records show the NFL player’s bail has been set at $75,000.

Foster also was arrested on suspicion of possessing an assault rifle, according to the Mercury News.

Foster’s arrest would be his second within a month. On Jan. 18, he was arrested and charged with second-degree possession of marijuana.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/02/1 ... s-say.html
    massari
    NET Veteran

• https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 101018026/
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Sigh.

Freaking moron.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• I gave him a pass after the weed but this? Good riddance looks like we drafting a LB at 9 or 10
    SF49r
    NET Veteran

• The more things change.....the more they stay the same.
    RIP Paul Allen, 1953-2018

The greatest owner in Seattle sports history.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• SF49r wrote:I gave him a pass after the weed but this? Good riddance looks like we drafting a LB at 9 or 10

Ya he looks to be a bad apple and I’m sure that you guys will bounce him to the curb.

The only good thing out of this for you guys is the timing, as FA and the combine hasn’t even started yet.
    AF_BASS_MAN
    NET Rookie

• Aldon Smith 2.0
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• The 4 to Lifers saga continues.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• When he "fell" to us in the first round, I was livid that we didn't take him to pair up with BWags.

Further evidence that I would be the worst GM that ever lived.
    Last edited by rjdriver on Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Now a guppy driver. Loving the Hawks with my bro Nanomoz for over 30 years
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Niners need to release him. I was glad the Hawks avoided him. Too stupid.

Overrated and questionable character and attitude.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

• Idiot. Wanna see what the substance of the DV charge is before they cut him. A push I don’t like but can live with, but any more than that, and I’m good with cutting him.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• Cut him, cut him now. He is a pile of crap. Screw him. Seriously just when things are looking up this moron acts like a jackass
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

• This is part of the problem with going discount shopping for big time talents. You can’t be totally risk adverse, because sometimes you get Tyrann Matthieu or Frank Clark, but other times you might get Reuben Foster, Randy Gregory or Malik McDowell.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

• kobebryant wrote:This is part of the problem with going discount shopping for big time talents. You can’t be totally risk adverse, because sometimes you get Tyrann Matthieu or Frank Clark, but other times you might get Reuben Foster, Randy Gregory or Malik McDowell.

Malik McDowell hardly fits the DV situation, he made a stupid mistake with the ATV incident and was a loud mouth to authority.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Pro Football Focus had him rated as Elite this season, as the 4th best linebacker. Yet this moron is throwing everything away. I don't want him cut, because some other team will sign him. I want the 49ers to suspend his ass for the maximum the league allows, then the league to suspend him, and THEN cut him at the beginning of next season.

Or better yet, trade his ass to the Browns as a warning to other players.
    Sports Hernia wrote:Mayfield has grown on me a bit, but I disagree with him here.

If an employer fires/terminates me, why do I owe them any sort of “loyalty”?

&@$# that!

That's what Sherman said
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

• That's a wrap on his career...
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• 5_Golden_Rings wrote:Pro Football Focus had him rated as Elite this season, as the 4th best linebacker. Yet this moron is throwing everything away. I don't want him cut, because some other team will sign him. I want the 49ers to suspend his ass for the maximum the league allows, then the league to suspend him, and THEN cut him at the beginning of next season.

Or better yet, trade his ass to the Browns as a warning to other players.

If the DV reports are true no one will want to trade for him, outside of maybe Jerruh Jones, but he won’t trade for him, he’d wait until he is cut. This guy, if Rog allows him to play after this will be 1 strike away from a lifetime ban. This is the second time he has gotten in trouble with the law THIS offseason.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Total fool.

Be interesting to see what the 49ers do with him.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• CUT CUT CUT CUT CUT CUT CUT CUT CUT CUT CUT

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

• Even my Niner fan friends are saying they think he should be cut. What a waste
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Even my Niner fan friends are saying they think he should be cut. What a waste

The times have really changed, even in the last six months.

I think there's a real chance that guys like Joe Mixon, Frank Clark, and Tyrek Hill wouldn't even get drafted today. I've got no problem with that, just as I've got no problem with the 9ers cutting him if this is anywhere as serious as it sounds.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• I'd support the team fully if they decide to cut him, but I don't expect that they will.

Like it or not, talent level plays a big part in how these issues are dealt with. Additionally, Reuben is very well liked in the locker room and by Kyle and John in particular. This isn't a defense of him BTW, Im just saying what I THINK is going to happen.

My guess is that they will have a long talk with him and then suspend him (perhaps not even waiting for the league to take action). This is it though. If there is another infraction, he's done. Sadly, in that case it may only be a matter of time. Somebody has to smack him upside the head to get through to him. He's throwing it all away.

The thing we don't know though is exactly what happened. There is nothing she could have done that would warrant him putting his hands on her, but if he grabbed her wrist its one thing. If he punched her? He's done now. He'll be released TODAY.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:I'd support the team fully if they decide to cut him, but I don't expect that they will.

Like it or not, talent level plays a big part in how these issues are dealt with. Additionally, Reuben is very well liked in the locker room and by Kyle and John in particular. This isn't a defense of him BTW, Im just saying what I THINK is going to happen.

My guess is that they will have a long talk with him and then suspend him (perhaps not even waiting for the league to take action). This is it though. If there is another infraction, he's done. Sadly, in that case it may only be a matter of time. Somebody has to smack him upside the head to get through to him. He's throwing it all away.

The thing we don't know though is exactly what happened. There is nothing she could have done that would warrant him putting his hands on her, but if he grabbed her wrist its one thing. If he punched her? He's done now. He'll be released TODAY.

Sorry man but I disagree. John and Kyle have already set the tone. Last off-season Robinson (I think ) was cut for the SAME issue. I think they have to continue to set the tone in the locker room that no one is above the standard. Hell they released Bowman. He slowed down, but was a locker room leader. The Niners organization needs to cut ties with players that are off-season cancers.

They could always draft another LB or two. Lets be real Foster was never going to play a full season. He is made of glass. Its better to bite the bullet now than to deal with another off-season of turmoil. Just my opinion.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

• Yet, plenty of people on here toasted the Hawks for their so called "horrible" decision to not get this guy. There's a reason he fell that far down in the draft.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• rlkats wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:I'd support the team fully if they decide to cut him, but I don't expect that they will.

Sorry man but I disagree. John and Kyle have already set the tone. Last off-season Robinson (I think ) was cut for the SAME issue. I think they have to continue to set the tone in the locker room that no one is above the standard. Hell they released Bowman. He slowed down, but was a locker room leader. The Niners organization needs to cut ties with players that are off-season cancers.

They could always draft another LB or two. Lets be real Foster was never going to play a full season. He is made of glass. Its better to bite the bullet now than to deal with another off-season of turmoil. Just my opinion.

Don't misunderstand me...

...I'm not saying what SHOULD happen. I'm saying what I think WILL happen. To be honest...I haven't really decided what I think should happen, but I'm leaning toward release. The hard part is that I dunno what really happened.

The reason I think they will keep him though is that John and Kyle really had no connection with Brock. It was an easy decision. I have always thought there was more going on with Navarro. What little I've heard involved insubordination and a very unhappy player who was taken off the field on passing downs.

This is different. They are far more likely to give him another chance given what they have invested in him (and I'm not talking about the $$$ or draft pick, I'm talking about the fact that he was one of THEIR guys).

He could be released today and I won't have a problem with it, but I just don't think thats whats gonna happen. If it does, I think that'll tell you it was a severe incident.

If the DO release him, it'll send a really clear signal to the rest of the team not to screw up. It will also tell them that there are no second chances.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• It would be nice to see a team send that message. So many players seem to think they can do whatever they want w/out consequences.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Yet, plenty of people on here toasted the Hawks for their so called "horrible" decision to not get this guy. There's a reason he fell that far down in the draft.

There were still people very, very recently roasting the FO for "giving Foster to the 9ers". Boy do they look stupid.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:It would be nice to see a team send that message. So many players seem to think they can do whatever they want w/out consequences.

Thats true, but nobody wants to be THAT team who has to make the sacrifice of a possibly great player to make that point.

They all want it to be some other team to take the hit. Niners went through this with Aldon and with Ray McDonald...while its a bit different and we don't know everything yet, it sucks to be here again.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:
    kobebryant wrote:This is part of the problem with going discount shopping for big time talents. You can’t be totally risk adverse, because sometimes you get Tyrann Matthieu or Frank Clark, but other times you might get Reuben Foster, Randy Gregory or Malik McDowell.

Malik McDowell hardly fits the DV situation, he made a stupid mistake with the ATV incident and was a loud mouth to authority.

My apologies, I didn’t mean to imply all those guys had comparable issues (should have been clear with the inclusion of Tyrann) , just examples of how sometimes rolling the dice on talents who have been devalued due to any variety of red flags can sometimes pay off and sometimes don’t. But the payoff on a hit is often well worth it .
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

• Chapow wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Yet, plenty of people on here toasted the Hawks for their so called "horrible" decision to not get this guy. There's a reason he fell that far down in the draft.

There were still people very, very recently roasting the FO for "giving Foster to the 9ers". Boy do they look stupid.

Yeah the Hawks really put that pick to good use.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    rlkats wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:I'd support the team fully if they decide to cut him, but I don't expect that they will.

Don't misunderstand me...

...I'm not saying what SHOULD happen. I'm saying what I think WILL happen. To be honest...I haven't really decided what I think should happen, but I'm leaning toward release. The hard part is that I dunno what really happened.

The reason I think they will keep him though is that John and Kyle really had no connection with Brock. It was an easy decision. I have always thought there was more going on with Navarro. What little I've heard involved insubordination and a very unhappy player who was taken off the field on passing downs.

This is different. They are far more likely to give him another chance given what they have invested in him (and I'm not talking about the $$$ or draft pick, I'm talking about the fact that he was one of THEIR guys).

He could be released today and I won't have a problem with it, but I just don't think thats whats gonna happen. If it does, I think that'll tell you it was a severe incident.

If the DO release him, it'll send a really clear signal to the rest of the team not to screw up. It will also tell them that there are no second chances.

Its a messed up situation regardless. Sad.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• I don't know, I've seen some pretty physically aggressive women. I think it is funny how people in general think an ass kicking just falls from the sky for no reason. Not saying women deserve to be hit but I wish society would hold women liable as well. Two men get into a fight they are both getting arrested if the police are called. I think everyone can agree that two people, especially grown adults, shouldn't assault each other.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• Man hits man it's a fight or assault.

Man hits women it's domestic violence.

Glad they are equal, man will be charged almost every time yet we see the other side of the coin with harassment and discrimination also.

My Aunt would take a coffee cup (plastic) and hit herself and call the cops when she was pissed at her husband and said that at a family get together. She said she can mess up his world with a phone call, he hits her she calls, he don't she uses the coffee cup and calls, they take him either way and he can't argue it.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:Man hits man it's a fight or assault.

This statement isn't true. The difference between DV and assault isn't the sex of the perpetrator or the victim, it's the situation. It's DV assault if it's on a family member or significant other. It's just assault if it's on someone outside that close circle of famiy/partner

Back on topic...2 arrests in a month, there'd have to be some overwhelming evidence in his favor for me to say he should not be cut whether he was on my team or another.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• kidhawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Man hits man it's a fight or assault.

This statement isn't true. The difference between DV and assault isn't the sex of the perpetrator or the victim, it's the situation. It's DV assault if it's on a family member or significant other. It's just assault if it's on someone outside that close circle of famiy/partner

Back on topic...2 arrests in a month, there'd have to be some overwhelming evidence in his favor for me to say he should not be cut whether he was on my team or another.

Ok you live here, Uncle Bob and women fight it's DV,

Uncle Bob and Me it's a fight and a assault.

Uncle Bob and a kid it's assault and child abuse.

It depends very much on the arresting officer how it is written up.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Plenty of women get arrested for Domestic Violence. Plenty
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• chris98251 wrote:Man hits man it's a fight or assault.

Glad they are equal, man will be charged almost every time yet we see the other side of the coin with harassment and discrimination also.

My Aunt would take a coffee cup (plastic) and hit herself and call the cops when she was pissed at her husband and said that at a family get together. She said she can mess up his world with a phone call, he hits her she calls, he don't she uses the coffee cup and calls, they take him either way and he can't argue it.

Two points -

First, do you apply this experiential skepticism to any other large group of demographics and if not, why not and if so why so? Think about how you treat populations with corrupted or phony individuals within a greater superset of individuals - this isn't to discredit the idea that there are bad faith actors in DV situations but the incredulousness seems reserved for entire demographics that you have seen individually acting in bad faith, which seems short sighted.

Secondly, I've seen a handful of same-sex DV cases in my own neighborhood - Capitol Hill. As the post above me states plainly it is the contextual situation and relationship between people that defines assault versus DV.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

• adeltaY wrote:
    Chapow wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Yet, plenty of people on here toasted the Hawks for their so called "horrible" decision to not get this guy. There's a reason he fell that far down in the draft.

First of all, I don't see what that has to do with my comment that people look stupid for raking the FO over the coals for "giving Foster to the 9ers".

Second, they used their pick to trade down 3 spots, gaining a high 4th round pick, and still got the guy they wanted.

Finally, McDowell missed his rookie season. That happens to lots of guys for lots of different reasons. He's still 21 years old and could still turn out to be a good player. We don't know yet.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• Chapow wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:
    Chapow wrote:

First of all, I don't see what that has to do with my comment that people look stupid for raking the FO over the coals for "giving Foster to the 9ers".

Second, they used their pick to trade down 3 spots, gaining a high 4th round pick, and still got the guy they wanted.

Finally, McDowell missed his rookie season. That happens to lots of guys for lots of different reasons. He's still 21 years old and could still turn out to be a good player. We don't know yet.

I for one definitely was in the "wanting Foster" camp, but I was ok with out pick at the time, it just wasn't the one I'd have taken. But then again, I generally admit that I am not cut out to be an NFL GM

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• kidhawk wrote:
    Chapow wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:
    Chapow wrote:

I for one definitely was in the "wanting Foster" camp, but I was ok with out pick at the time, it just wasn't the one I'd have taken. But then again, I generally admit that I am not cut out to be an NFL GM

None of us are.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:
    Chapow wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:

None of us are.

What GM job would allow dragon cloud vaping of all things vapable?
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Man hits man it's a fight or assault.

Ok you live here, Uncle Bob and women fight it's DV,

Uncle Bob and Me it's a fight and a assault.

Uncle Bob and a kid it's assault and child abuse.

It depends very much on the arresting officer how it is written up.

It matters legally and criminally what we call violence................THAT'S why all these examples of violence are categorized differently in the eyes of the law and court system.

They all carry different charges, different levels of criminal severity, different agencies involved depending on the classification.

Not sure what your point is Chris, cause it seems like you're trying to take a shot at some gender equality hypocrisy. But when there's violence, it certainly matters how we classify it.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Marvin49 wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:
    Chapow wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:

None of us are.

So true, but you might be surprised at the number of people who really believe they are

kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Yep, plenty on this site who think they are qualified :lol:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• ...so more detail...

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/02/12/ ... urces-say/

A statement from Los Gatos-Monte Sereno police says officers were dispatched around 9:15 a.m. Sunday to a home on Shannon Road for a welfare check and to respond to a possible disturbance. Foster was eventually arrested without incident.

Police did not release any additional details, but sources familiar with the investigation say the victim told officers that she and Foster were arguing and that he threw her belongings onto a front walkway and balcony. At some point, she said he physically dragged her in an apparent attempt to remove her from the home, sources said.

According to an archived police dispatch radio recording of the 911 call, “the RP (reporting party) advises there should be at least two AR-15 weapons in the house.”

Both that statement and the domestic-violence allegation would provide cause for police to search for and remove any firearms from the home. It was apparently during that search that officers found the allegedly illegal rifle.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Need more details of exactly what went down, but if he put her stuff on the porch and forcibly removed her from the house (without striking her, dragging her by her hair, tossing her, etc) I can live with that. Anything more than that and I’m still all for booting him.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote: So many players seem to think they can do whatever they want w/out consequences.

IIRC NFL players have a lower arrest rate than the general population. When they get arrested we just hear about it. Lots of myths that surround sports.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:32 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information