Buccaneers release Doug Martin and Chris Baker

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Don't know much about Baker, but a solid no on Martin. He's been awful. Lots of backs in draft that will be younger, cheaper and actually have some upside.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Trrrroy":2xjpnozk said:
Don't know much about Baker, but a solid no on Martin. He's been awful. Lots of backs in draft that will be younger, cheaper and actually have some upside.
And hasn’t Martin been popped for performance enhancing drugs?

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":4eq2lh5x said:
Trrrroy":4eq2lh5x said:
And hasn’t Martin been popped for performance enhancing drugs?

Yes, plus he's consistently injured and is 29 years old.
Baker is 30 years old.
Perhaps Seattle should pass on these guys, but I'd be curious to see where they land

TreeRon

Reaction score
We've already reached to far on older players.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Don't know much about Baker, but I know I want nothing to do with Martin. Six years in the NFL and only two years (2012, 2015) are worth a damn and the other four he's been riddled with injuries and rushed for less 500 yards. He'll either hang up the cleats or be a back up for the rest of his career.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Martin stinks. Baker I would be indifferent about if he were cheap. DT depth is never a bad thing.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Martin has two years in a row averaging less than 3 yards per carry, and doing so while other backs on the roster don't have a problem gaining yards. Don't think I've ever seen that before.