OG Josh Sitton Now A Free Agent

massari

Reaction score
Another good option available.

The Bears have declined LG Josh Sitton's $8 million team option for 2018, making him a free agent.

Sitton remained one of the league's best guards in 2018, but the Bears evidently want to go younger.

Sitton has also battled the injury bug in Chicago, missing three games each of the past two seasons. The ex-Packer turns 32 in June.

He will not lack for interest on the open market. Since Sitton isn't being released, and is simply having an option declined, he isn't eligible to sign until the start of free agency. http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4891/josh-sitton

Top 25 offensive linemen of the 2017 NFL season

10. JOSH SITTON, G, CHICAGO BEARS – 86.6 OVERALL GRADE
PFF Elite Stat: Sitton has allowed just 10 QB pressures on 335 snaps in pass protection.

There is no better pass blocking guard in the game than Josh Sitton, and despite battling injuries along with the rest of the Chicago offensive line, he has once again been excellent in that area when on the field, but has been better than he has in the past as a run blocker, paving the way for Jordan Howard on the ground. Sitton has surrendered 10 total pressures in 12 games and had some dominant run blocking performances. https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/p ... nfl-season

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":30mc05lx said:
Would be a nice pickup. We could use a guy who...oh I don't know.......can block.

With Cable gone maybe we'll get some of these players that can, uh, what did you call it? Block?

chris98251

Reaction score
so Britt is what 7 million, Brown could be around 8 to 10 million and this guy 8 to 9 million. Yeah this will happen.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I don't see us being able to afford him but I would definitely take him. Add Sitton and your left side is solidified.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think the Hawks will have Sitton money this offseason, but at the same time I'm desperate for the 9ers to make a major push for him, sooooo... :lol: