Demarcus Lawrence for ET? (Hypothetical)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, he's had one real good season, and his agent will be asking for a huge contract. Earl is a once in a decade safety, he needs to stay. Unless a team blows them away w/an offer.

original poster

Reaction score
DeMarcus Lawrence is a FA. He can't be traded by Dallas unless they tag him (which they can't really afford).

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good point. I was under the assumption that they were considering giving him the franchise tag. No way they could afford that, but who knows.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
If it would cost us a comp pick we won't sign him and if he has a huge price tag with a small sample size of quality work we won't sign him so I just can't see the reasoning
We are gonna lose jimmy G and paul Richardson and probably Sheldon Richardson or use the money we get from letting the others go to resign him so it's so hard to determine what were going to do this off season It's literally possible to drive someone crazy thinking of all the possibilitys

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If ET is sent to Dallas, I imagine we'd ask for Zach Martin as he'd have the salary to match up with Earl in a trade and is also in a contract year.

There's been a lot of linking to a deal involving Byron Jones but I just don't see that.

adeltaY

Reaction score
I doubt Dallas would give up Zack Martin, that OL is their calling card and I doubt they'd want to weaken it further. Byron Jones was a bit of a liability this year, Dallas actually started subbing in Kayvon Frazier in certain packages to better success than keeping Byron out there all game.

Please keep Earl and extend him IMO. Gee Scott seems pretty adamant that Earl is gone, though.