Marcus Peters to the Rams

original poster

Reaction score
Just saw this on twitter.

Marvellous.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/967097064676052993[/tweet]

RCATES

Reaction score
Buckle up boys we are in for a ruff ride the next several years. Rams defense just became the best in the league and its not even close. We will do shit on offense against them. That team is superior to Seattle in every way.

Brett

Reaction score
Not happy to hear this at all. good news, bad news, no news.... circle bad news.

2_0_6

Reaction score
They were asking for Quinn originally but settled on picks..

That Defense is going to be TOUGH

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Chiefs fans really aren't that upset about it. Rumors are he's a locker room cancer and extremely immature.

Beren

Reaction score
Big talent but unimpressive for large swathes of last season and his off-field disruptiveness doesn't seem well aligned to a 31 year old coach. Big ceiling but low, low floor too.

His only standout game last season that I can remember was when the Chargers Chargered when on the precipice of the playoffs.

drrew

Reaction score
I like Marcus Peters quite a bit, but this means the Rams are almost guaranteed not to resign Trumaine Johnson and they're going to have to give up multiple draft picks, so the overall impact isn't as great as just saying they now have Peters on the team.

sdog1981

Reaction score
I guess more teams should do the Fisher plan. Suck for 7 years loading your team up with draft picks, at one point the Rams had four first rounders on the Dline. It will be interesting to see how the Rams deal with being a hyped team.

MarylandHawk

Reaction score
Sounds like some NFC West GMs have been very busy lately. Reminds me of the 2012 off-season when the entire league was gushing about the arms race between the Hawks and Niners.

Are you getting this John? This is how you used to be!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
drrew":3p3t2qg0 said:
I like Marcus Peters quite a bit, but this means the Rams are almost guaranteed not to resign Trumaine Johnson and they're going to have to give up multiple draft picks, so the overall impact isn't as great as just saying they now have Peters on the team.

I think Peters is a tad overrated due to his high INT totals, but isn't anywhere as overrated as is Trumaine Johnson. They just got a lot better at CB by having Peters instead of Johnson, and this is before even considering they couldn't afford to still keep Johnson.

As for the draft capital, right now the Rams don't really need draft picks, they need a way to keep their team in order while their talent gets paid. They now have a superior player (Marcus Peters) for less money over the next two years than they paid an inferior player (Trumaine Johnson) in one year last year.

Any way you slice it I think the Rams got better today.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2mascpzm said:
drrew":2mascpzm said:

I think Peters is a tad overrated due to his high INT totals, but isn't anywhere as overrated as is Trumaine Johnson. They just got a lot better at CB by having Peters instead of Johnson, and this is before even considering they couldn't afford to still keep Johnson.

As for the draft capital, right now the Rams don't really need draft picks, they need a way to keep their team in order while their talent gets paid. They now have a superior player (Marcus Peters) for less money over the next two years than they paid an inferior player (Trumaine Johnson) in one year last year.

Any way you slice it I think the Rams got better today.
Yes they did, sadly.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
I think peters will flourish there. He's a good CB, takes big risk. Sometimes gets burned and other times comes up with a big play. But yes, they did get better today.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Beren":fe6yry5k said:
Big talent but unimpressive for large swathes of last season and his off-field disruptiveness doesn't seem well aligned to a 31 year old coach. Big ceiling but low, low floor too.

His only standout game last season that I can remember was when the Chargers Chargered when on the precipice of the playoffs.

This.

You have to ask yourself. Hmm if im the KC Chiefs why am I trading away an all pro corner still on his rookie deal? Then you have to look back further, and ask yourself hmmm if im his college coach why am I kicking a first round corner off of my team?

Kids got loads of talent, but is a dope. Moving to LA from KC is only going to help that lol