Bruce Irvin

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":x0u9hsa1 said:
Likely to be a cap casualty in Oakland. He's been saying a lot of good things about the hawks and Ken Norton Jr lately.

If the price is right I think he would be ideal LB/Pass rush depth. Thoughts?

http://www.espn.com/blog/oakland-raider ... casualties
For the right price I’d take him back and hope he has gotten better at finishing plays.

AKNFidel

Reaction score
Bruce Irvin... maybe at this right price (which would be league minimum) His motor only runs certain downs and he’s kind of a knucklehead with foot in mouth disease. Never became a “Professional” athlete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hawxfreak

Reaction score
I remember Raible saying a time or two , Bruce no ........ but he was still good enough that we could use a guy like him right about now
Claytons saying it's likely gonna take five or six maybe even 8 a year to keep him but I bet we could get him for five as a third down pass rush guy

original poster

Reaction score
No thanks.

I want this team to get younger on defense, not sign an ageing vet.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Unless it's a low number, no thanks. I always saw him as a very overrated/inconsistent player really. That being said, if he's will to take a lower number to be back here in Seattle, it's worth a look.

nanomoz

Reaction score
It'd be great, but I think at this stage his best value will be to a true 34 defense as an OLB pass rusher.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
original poster":2wj7fx9y said:
No thanks.

I want this team to get younger on defense, not sign an ageing vet.

Agree in a sense, however with the amount of draft picks we have.. and the holes on this roster .. they will have to add a few vets to round up the roster. Bruce wouldn't be a bad vet to add, but as others have said, he'd have to come cheap. Don't really see that coming with a lot of teams needing to spend money this FA period.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Hes staying, and was on Twitter today asking people to send him Mo Wilkerson's handle.

Him along with Mack, and Mo..... Good lord.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Here's an interesting idea.

First as a Seattle fan would you want to trade Michael Bennett for Bruce Irvin straight up?

Second is that a realistic trade for both teams? I feel like Seattle would be taking on a lot more of Irvin's cap hit than Oakland would Bennett's. So maybe the numbers just don't work. However I think the players are a perfect swap for the teams...

Latest posts