Jets release Muhammad Wilkerson

nanomoz

Reaction score
Wow. He's still a heck of a player. And his athletic profile at his positions could lead to the kind of longevity Kevin Williams had.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":lbshzvjz said:
He'll be out of our price range IMO.

It would have to be instead of Richardson. Which could be a cheaper alternative, given how he ended things with the Jets.

DJrmb

Reaction score
hawkman":23puac8i said:
massari":23puac8i said:
1 year $8M

No way will a guy like this need to settle for a one year deal. Totally unrealistic.
He got cut... and not for $ reasons, the Jets have over 77 Million in cap space...

He got cut because he mailed it in and he's sucked the past two years after getting paid. It's been said he's no longer playing hard after getting his big payday like Albert Haynesworth.

Wilkerson will have to sign a 1 or 2 year prove it deal for sure.

Own The West

Reaction score
Since he was released he wouldn't count in the compensation pick formula if we picked him up, correct?

I'm thinking give him Graham's money on a prove it deal, then let him walk in 2019 as a UFA. Picking up comp picks in 2019 and 2020.

original poster

Reaction score
Own The West":1bh0zf1l said:
Since he was released he wouldn't count in the compensation pick formula if we picked him up, correct?

I'm thinking give him Graham's money on a prove it deal, then let him walk in 2019 as a UFA. Picking up comp picks in 2019 and 2020.

Correct.

DJrmb

Reaction score
hawkman":zmbch4qo said:
massari":zmbch4qo said:
1 year $8M

No way will a guy like this need to settle for a one year deal. Totally unrealistic.
Guess you were right, he only got 1 year 5m. 1 year 8m was completely unrealistic!

:stirthepot: