Speculation: Marshawn back to the Hawks

seabowl

Reaction score
With talk of the Raiders maybe moving on from Marshawn, could you see a chance that he comes back to play for the Hawks in 2018?

It would be an interesting move that may provide the identity the O has missed since even before he left. Also I think Shottys run first philosophy would possibly make it a decent fit.

SkyHawks16

Reaction score
Gruden confirmed Lynch will be back next season for the Raiders.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
SkyHawks16":utqtyo7e said:
Gruden confirmed Lynch will be back next season for the Raiders.

Some reports are saying otherwise

sdog1981

Reaction score
My Brady Henderson sources say teams may or may not attempt to trade players for picks or other players.

chris98251

Reaction score
Gruden will not let Lynch walk if he wants to continue to play, he knows his value and his comment about being in shape and better performance early was simply the fact Lynch set out a year and wasn't contact ready really till mid season.

Having Lynch makes Carrs job easier and Gruden knows it, unless they use a pick on a marquee back early, but at 10 when there are players there that could help in other places as well as a great trade down spot and pick up more. McKenzie I think would go #1 WR before RB and I think Defense with someone like Vita Vea probably available or CB.

getnasty

Reaction score
Don't want him back, and no chance he comes back

hawknation2018

Reaction score
If he plays this year, it will be in Oakland. The question is whether he plays.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
No chance he comes back. If he plays at all, it will be in Oakland. My understanding of him is he will play this year and then that's it. He has always wanted to play for the Raiders. And now I believe he will finish his career there. I don't see him going to Vegas, or Seattle for that matter.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
No way this happens. Seahawks Fo was sick and tired of catering to Lynch's antics. It was worth it for a while while he was one of the Top 3 RBs in the league. But not anymore.

ivotuk

Reaction score
During a conversation with a Raiders fan that took place while Gruden was doing an interview for MMQB.com, Gruden didn't exactly disagree when the fan mentioned that Lynch wasn't really in game shape until about Week 10 last season.

"We're not going to have that," Gruden said. "No."

During a one-on-one conversation with Lynch, Gruden explained to Beast Mode that he would need to take on a bigger role in 2018.

"I said to him: 'I need Marshawn Lynch. I don't need this part-time Lynch. I need full-time Lynch,'" Gruden said, via MMQB.com.

From the sound of it, Gruden wants Lynch to return only if he's willing to put in the time it takes to be an every down back for the Raiders.

"We need the real deal," Gruden said. "If you're going to put those letters on the back of your jersey, man, you've got to back it up, Marshawn -- right? We don't need another back, we need a feature back."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jon- ... e-raiders/

hawknation2018

Reaction score
ivotuk":lqobaacg said:
During a conversation with a Raiders fan that took place while Gruden was doing an interview for MMQB.com, Gruden didn't exactly disagree when the fan mentioned that Lynch wasn't really in game shape until about Week 10 last season.

"We're not going to have that," Gruden said. "No."

During a one-on-one conversation with Lynch, Gruden explained to Beast Mode that he would need to take on a bigger role in 2018.

"I said to him: 'I need Marshawn Lynch. I don't need this part-time Lynch. I need full-time Lynch,'" Gruden said, via MMQB.com.

From the sound of it, Gruden wants Lynch to return only if he's willing to put in the time it takes to be an every down back for the Raiders.

"We need the real deal," Gruden said. "If you're going to put those letters on the back of your jersey, man, you've got to back it up, Marshawn -- right? We don't need another back, we need a feature back."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jon- ... e-raiders/

I remember Marshawn being in phenomenal shape for training camp. He was thinnest/most chiselled he had looked in a long time. He just wasn't getting enough touches earlier in the season, and the Raiders' offensive line wasn't playing great (last in the NFL in yards before contact).

Latest posts