DeShone Kizer Available?

chris98251

Reaction score
We have a back up, why waste draft resources on someone if they don't want they will cut anyway. Why pay a salary higher then what you currently have that can provide stability and run the offense and has experience.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
chris98251":lw4op88g said:
We have a back up, why waste draft resources on someone if they don't want they will cut anyway. Why pay a salary higher then what you currently have that can provide stability and run the offense and has experience.
I was under the impression he'll only have a $689k cap hit (his base salary) after being traded...

He won't be released, someone will trade for him.

chris98251

Reaction score
massari":j6f7weww said:
chris98251":j6f7weww said:
I was under the impression he'll only have a $689k cap hit (his base salary) after being traded...

He won't be released, someone will trade for him.

We have Davis and Boykin, we have needs all over the place, throwing draft capital somewhere that's not really needed when your short on picks is a luxury we do not have.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
chris98251":2ouhepgt said:
We have Davis and Boykin
HPaWu

They've got a 4th, three 5th's and four 7th rounders. Trading one of those picks for a young QB with potential and has a very similar game to RW wouldn't be a crazy idea. Maybe he could even compete with Wilson sometime down the line and push him harder.

chris98251

Reaction score
massari":1uktxcvw said:
chris98251":1uktxcvw said:
We have Davis and Boykin
HPaWu

They've got a 4th, three 5th's and four 7th rounders. Trading one of those picks for a young QB with potential and has a very similar game to RW wouldn't be a crazy idea. Maybe he could even compete with Wilson sometime down the line and push him harder.

So giving up our 4th and a 5th and a 7th for something we don't need is a good idea, maybe 2 7th's leaving us with a 1st and 2 7th rounders' this year for someone that won't see the field, sounds like a great idea..............

Chapow

Reaction score
chris98251":12mhwz8n said:
So giving up our 4th and a 5th and a 7th for something we don't need is a good idea, maybe 2 7th's leaving us with a 1st and 2 7th rounders' this year for someone that won't see the field, sounds like a great idea..............

Where the heck did you get this? The article and the OP clearly stated that it would be for a day 3 pick. As in 1. As in a single day 3 pick, not multiple. The article even suggested that it could be for a swap of day 3 picks, like a 4th for a 5th and Kizer for example.

No idea why you are talking about a 4th and a 5th and a 7th. No one said anything like that.

MrThortan

Reaction score
The Browns are desperate for a QB. If they are willing to ship him, that doesn't show much confidence. Then again, it's the Browns. What the hell do they know?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
MrThortan":erfcjmow said:
The Browns are desperate for a QB. If they are willing to ship him, that doesn't show much confidence. Then again, it's the Browns. What the hell do they know?
Kizer isn't what I would want..
He folds in the later part of games.He has the height and speed but Kap did too.
Kizer is worse though and I don't think he gets any better.
Besides he was drafted too high which means that contract doesn't play out well.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/972257975007105025[/tweet]

chris98251

Reaction score
Chapow":jvw4gi11 said:
chris98251":jvw4gi11 said:

Where the heck did you get this? The article and the OP clearly stated that it would be for a day 3 pick. As in 1. As in a single day 3 pick, not multiple. The article even suggested that it could be for a swap of day 3 picks, like a 4th for a 5th and Kizer for example.

No idea why you are talking about a 4th and a 5th and a 7th. No one said anything like that.

I was close they just swapped though.

MrThortan

Reaction score
I am having some fun watching the Browns. They are making some moves like trading for Jarvis Landry and Tyrod Taylor. Must be nice having all that draft capital. I think they have like 118million in cap left. So much young talent, but I have no idea if any of them are any good. Maybe they will a game next season.... maybe