DeMarcus Lawrence signs franchise tender

chris98251

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1kk34n57 said:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22655744/dallas-cowboys-use-franchise-tag-de-demarcus-lawrence?device=featurephone

Yikes-over $17 million for next year..
How's Jerruh gonna keep that line,RB,QB and any kind of D?
Still has one more year paying off Romo too...

Not pay Goodells fine :)

adeltaY

Reaction score
It's pretty crazy that they have Dak and Zeke on rookie deals and are still right up against the cap. Their defense is still pretty bad too. Tbf Zeke is the sixth highest paid RB in the league if I remember correctly. Dak is earning pennies though, as skittles mentioned. Romo still on the books for this year, which is 9M+.

OP
OP
IndyHawk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
adeltaY":3sefos9a said:
It's pretty crazy that they have Dak and Zeke on rookie deals and are still right up against the cap. Their defense is still pretty bad too. Tbf Zeke is the sixth highest paid RB in the league if I remember correctly. Dak is earning pennies though, as skittles mentioned. Romo still on the books for this year, which is 9M+.
next season is the last under rookie contracts for both right?
I cannot wait until they have to pay all those guys ..
People will clearly see why you get holes and no Championships.

adeltaY

Reaction score
I think Dak has two more years on his contract and Zeke has up to three if they exercise the fifth year option. I was talking to a cowboy fan buddy and we agreed the boyz should just run Zeke into the ground for five seasons and let him go and draft another one. RBs aren't really worth it.

OP
OP
IndyHawk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
adeltaY":3n7agr2h said:
I think Dak has two more years on his contract and Zeke has up to three if they exercise the fifth year option. I was talking to a cowboy fan buddy and we agreed the boyz should just run Zeke into the ground for five seasons and let him go and draft another one. RBs aren't really worth it.
I thought the higher your drafted the less years you stay under the rookie contract..?