One FA RB I'd love to see here

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Jeremy Hill. I know, he hasn't been relevant since his amazing rookie season in 2014, but he's still really young and everyone knows what he can do. Cincinnati's O-line has been dreadful for the past few seasons, which I think contributed greatly to Hill's struggles. I'd be thrilled if they can get him on a cheap one year deal and let him compete for a spot during camp.

getnasty

Reaction score
Good call, low risk high reward kind of guy.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I agree with OP. Why bother with Murray or Stewart if we have a shot at someone much younger at the right price?

Mojambo

Reaction score
I like the way you think. I'll be interested to see how Hill's market develops. Seems like teams are shying away from RB in FA. Could be a value market for a team like Seattle.

Hill and Carlos Hyde are both worth watching closely, IMHO.

adeltaY

Reaction score
How much do you guys want to spend? Personally a one year 3M deal is the absolute max I want us to spend on a FA RB.

getnasty

Reaction score
adeltaY":2xjjaocj said:
How much do you guys want to spend? Personally a one year 3M deal is the absolute max I want us to spend on a FA RB.

I agree with that and is say Jeremy Hill will be right around that number.

OP
OP
Thepeelsessions

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
getnasty":1645sams said:
adeltaY":1645sams said:

I agree with that and is say Jeremy Hill will be right around that number.
I do as well. He may even be a little cheaper than that.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
If we are going to bring in a FA RB, Hill wouldn't be a terrible option. But after Lacy, why go down this road again? Hill has underwhelmed for most of his career, just like Lacy. I think we should just draft a young kid and hope we are set for the next few years at that position.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3k6owbpv said:
If we are going to bring in a FA RB, Hill wouldn't be a terrible option. But after Lacy, why go down this road again? Hill has underwhelmed for most of his career, just like Lacy. I think we should just draft a young kid and hope we are set for the next few years at that position.

is eddy lacy really the benchmark for underwhelming fa's for everyone around here moving forward into infinity?

Sorry but this is like the tenth post I've seen saying as much and quite frankly, when you have to put it in writing that the fatass needs to lose x amount of pounds for contract dough, pun intended, pc and js are the morons for believing in that Jenny Craig failed tub of lard.

Hill was the 2015 rushing td leader, and posted over 800 yds in 16, then injury year. I'd hardly say underwhelming.

That label would apply to a fellow second rounder like C Michael or something.

With lacy, the writing was on the wall and our FO has been illiterate in FA.

naholmes

Reaction score
Hill, Darkwa, Crowell, Bibbs... bring one in that accepts minimal guaranteed money.

Latest posts