Browns trade for Tyrod Taylor

massari

Reaction score
For pick #65? Wonder why they just didn't go after McCarron, Keenum, Bradford, Bridgwater in free agency?

Or better yet, why didn't they trade for Jimmy Garoppolo last season.

Browns gonna Browns I guess.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Tyrod is really underrated. What has McCarron done that makes anyone think he can be an NFL starting QB? I wouldn't want any part of Bridgewater after that injury, and Bradford isn't reliable. I like Keenum but I think his price will be higher than what it took to get Tyrod.

People forget Tyrod nearly came into the CLink a couple years ago and beat us. Think he dropped like 30+ points on us, not many QBs can say that.

massari

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":rto1dolk said:
Tyrod is really underrated. What has McCarron done that makes anyone think he can be an NFL starting QB? I wouldn't want any part of Bridgewater after that injury, and Bradford isn't reliable. I like Keenum but I think his price will be higher than what it took to get Tyrod.

People forget Tyrod nearly came into the CLink a couple years ago and beat us. Think he dropped like 30+ points on us, not many QBs can say that.
Browns are going to take a QB #1 overall. There's going to be very good talent at #65 this year. I'd even add Josh McCown to the list of free agents for the Browns to chose from.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Go look at all the players that Scott has been a part of bringing in to his teams.

I would not doubt him.

I suspect even though he is a draft guy and not a GM, some of his fingerprints are on all these not very Browns like moves.

Remember all our best players got here under his watch.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
The best qb the browns have had in 25 years.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Taylor is better than all the FA QBs save for Cousins. He’s maybe one or two spots above Andy Dalton for me: a solidly average starting QB who people say sucks because we don’t have language to talk about average starting QBs.

mrt144

Reaction score
Tyrod is a ho hum somewhat efficient, low variance QB. He doesnt make catastropic mistakes regularly but he also doesnt go off into his own universe of awesome, there isnt a 2nd or 3rd gear.

Itll be interesting to see what role he plays there but the browns could do worse in giving an opportunity to a player who has mountains of fan doubt piled upon him.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
He'lll have a good OL, some good receivers and draft that Barkley kid and I'd say it's a damn good offense, which I wouldn't mind seeing at Seattle.

uncle fester

Reaction score
That offense, assuming they now take Barkley 1 overall, could be amazing. It could also fall apart in a hurry, but the potential would be intriguing at the very least.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
massari":7i04xqqt said:
For pick #65? Wonder why they just didn't go after McCarron, Keenum, Bradford, Bridgwater in free agency?

Or better yet, why didn't they trade for Jimmy Garoppolo last season.

Browns gonna Browns I guess.
They tried to get Garoppolo and the Bengals backup. With Jimmy G, they just got stiffed. With Mcarens or whatever, their gm failed to file paperwork in time for the trade.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Tyrod is a good QB and fits Hue’s mobile QB style. They can let a rookie QB learn while being actually competitive on offense this year.

evergreen

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":mqehf5ft said:

I think he almost beat us...

lobohawk

Reaction score
Browns could look defense/RB in the first round. The crop of QBs aren’t anything amazing and kinda deep for the talent there. Imagine if they can shuffle down a little and get Chubb, Vea and a pick. A potential great DL, some talent on the backend and there’s a bevy of RBs this year. Like most of the final teams last year, a strong D carried them.