say it aint so: Sherman dinner with Shanahan

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sherman is still a guy recovering from two achilles injuries.

I think he is going to turn over every barrel to get a job

uncle fester

Reaction score
It's a business for him now. The loyalty ended when they released him.

If he does sign, I may have to avoid reading endless Whiner fans bleating about how great a player he is, where they would have previously called him scum of the earth and totally overrated.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
How funny would it it be if they sign him?? I thought maybe Oakland but the niners makes sense for him as well. I am guessing he takes his time with this as will teams to ensure he will be healthy. Either way he is going to get a lot of interest.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Dinner last night with Shanahan and a formal meeting at HQ today.

IMO he’s either signed with the 9ers by the end of today or heading somewhere else.

I know some 9ers fans are still salty about Sherman back from the 9ers and Seahawks short-lived rivalry, but I friggin love the guy, and he’s obviously a perfect scheme fit.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Nevermind...Adam Schefter reporting if meeting goes well today the Niners will sign Richard Sherman....Richard Sherman will be a Santa Clara 49er!!!! Who would of ever of thought this would happen....

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
uncle fester":3g09zdsm said:

If he does sign, I may have to avoid reading endless Whiner fans bleating about how great a player he is, where they would have previously called him scum of the earth and totally overrated.
I don’t know too many 49er fans who think he’s overrated. No, he’s not Deion but he is elite at what he does well. Every time a 49er qb throws to his side of the field I anticipate an INT.

The only consensus among 49ers fans is that he is a classless loudmouth. Even the ones who want him will have trouble forgiving his crap talkig for a while.

As for me, he got a bit of respect from me when he stood up to Goodell and the NFL. Still don’t like his sh talking ways, but at least he waits until he proves it first by winning the game.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":1fgn3506 said:
uncle fester":1fgn3506 said:

I don’t know too many 49er fans who think he’s overrated. No, he’s not Deion but he is elite at what he does well. Every time a 49er qb throws to his side of the field I anticipate an INT.

The only consensus among 49ers fans is that he is a classless loudmouth. Even the ones who want him will have trouble forgiving his crap talkig for a while.

As for me, he got a bit of respect from me when he stood up to Goodell and the NFL. Still don’t like his sh talking ways, but at least he waits until he proves it first by winning the game.

That’s not a consensus, as I’m a diehard 9ers fan and don’t think he’s classless or a loud mouth.

I think he did an unbelievable job of playing the heel and making himself a national name and the face of his franchise, but I respect the heck out of that hustle. And I don’t think he’s a loudmouth at all, but that could be because I think his takes are almost always spot on and I respect him for having the conviction to make them.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3jhjijif said:
uncle fester":3jhjijif said:

As for me, he got a bit of respect from me when he stood up to Goodell and the NFL. Still don’t like his sh talking ways, but at least he waits until he proves it first by winning the game

Well said.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Well this actually makes sense. After all, he has been one of their best receivers for some years now.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":15eonc0s said:
Well this actually makes sense. After all, he has been one of their best receivers for some years now.
:lol: :pukeface:

This nearly made me ruin my monitor. Fortunately I’m drinking water.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2bpv7q9y said:
5_Golden_Rings":2bpv7q9y said:
uncle fester":2bpv7q9y said:

That’s not a consensus, as I’m a diehard 9ers fan and don’t think he’s classless or a loud mouth.

I think he did an unbelievable job of playing the heel and making himself a national name and the face of his franchise, but I respect the heck out of that hustle. And I don’t think he’s a loudmouth at all, but that could be because I think his takes are almost always spot on and I respect him for having the conviction to make them.
You’re right, it’s not a consensus, but, perhaps due to general saltiness, I get the vibe that 49ers fans are more united against Sherman than they are either way with Kap.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Seahawk tears will be on sale again real soon if he signs with the Niners. I'm really not surprised though. No better team for his revenge.

chris98251

Reaction score
As his own agent I suspect he has to make the rounds before signing to gauge his value and for teams to assess his rehab, there is obvious interest tow teams in one day wanting him to come in. He will land someplace and that's just the ones publicized.

The Seahawks are still in the mix as well, if he wants to stay he will bring back the numbers and see if things can be worked.

Nobody likes moving :)