Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

(unreal) Sherman is a 49er

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:24 pm
  • We had something no other team could offer ... the ability to play Seattle twice a year," Lynch said. "I'm vengeful in that way," Sherman said.

    Good for him, but I am laughing at those people acting they are getting the Seahawks Sherman. He is 30, 2 Achilles injuries later.
    SkyHawks16
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 65
    Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:04 pm


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:35 pm
  • Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 4930
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:38 pm
  • I don't blame Sherman at all, Seattle cut him. I wish him all the luck in the world as long as it doesn't hurt us.
    The LOLs of the many outweigh the shame of the few
    User avatar
    Msfann
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1905
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:37 am


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:46 pm
  • Msfann wrote:I don't blame Sherman at all, Seattle cut him. I wish him all the luck in the world as long as it doesn't hurt us.


    I don't blame him at all either and I believe it is gonna hurt us bad. I doubt we see another Superbowl for the rest of Russell Wilson's career.
    strohmin
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 736
    Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:12 pm


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:50 pm
  • Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 4930
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:28 am
  • KitsapGuy wrote:


    While it seems obviously true that anyone would prefer to negotiate with a novitiate rathe than an experienced negotiator, from the MMQB reporting we have a key fact that really dispels all these stories about Sherman getting crushed and the 9ers doing cartwheels for being able to bamboozle him because he didn't have an agent:

    The other teams interested in him all passed on matching or exceeding the value of this contract.

    If Sherman got destroyed in this contract, why wouldn't those teams be willing to match it? It just doesn't make a lick of sense. Basically, to claim that Sherman is dumb for signing this deal you have to simultaneously claim that the Seahawks, Lions, Raiders are all equally dumb for not exceeding or matching it. Once you acknowledge that, the argument that the 9ers totally got over on Richard Sherman basically falls apart.
    User avatar
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4816
    Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:58 am


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:05 am
  • https://twitter.com/maiocconbcs/status/ ... 67040?s=21

    Sherman said getting cut by Seattle “re-ignited that gasoline fire I’ve always had burning.” And, now, there’s a little more gasoline poured on that fire, he said.


    Well people can try and sugar coat this as much as they want, but the fact is is that he is pissed at the Seahawks, and thanks to some dummies us 12’s now. He called up JS and was told to kick rocks. I’d be pissed to as he obviously believed there was no way we wouldn’t bring him back to Seattle.

    https://twitter.com/sbnation/status/973 ... 43777?s=21

    By his own words he is motivated to ruin our day twice a year. Anybody who suggests otherwise is in denial and only reading what their precious feelings allow them to read/believe.
    AF_BASS_MAN
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 114
    Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:11 pm


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:33 am
  • AF_BASS_MAN wrote:https://twitter.com/maiocconbcs/status/973245383953367040?s=21

    Sherman said getting cut by Seattle “re-ignited that gasoline fire I’ve always had burning.” And, now, there’s a little more gasoline poured on that fire, he said.


    Well people can try and sugar coat this as much as they want, but the fact is is that he is pissed at the Seahawks, and thanks to some retards us 12’s now. He called up JS and was told to kick rocks. I’d be pissed to as he obviously believed there was no way we wouldn’t bring him back to Seattle.

    https://twitter.com/sbnation/status/973 ... 43777?s=21

    By his own words he is motivated to ruin our day twice a year. Anybody who suggests otherwise is in denial and only reading what their precious feelings allow them to read/believe.



    Just more Yawn from him...
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13324
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:57 am
  • Popeyejones wrote:
    KitsapGuy wrote:


    While it seems obviously true that anyone would prefer to negotiate with a novitiate rathe than an experienced negotiator, from the MMQB reporting we have a key fact that really dispels all these stories about Sherman getting crushed and the 9ers doing cartwheels for being able to bamboozle him because he didn't have an agent:

    The other teams interested in him all passed on matching or exceeding the value of this contract.

    If Sherman got destroyed in this contract, why wouldn't those teams be willing to match it? It just doesn't make a lick of sense. Basically, to claim that Sherman is dumb for signing this deal you have to simultaneously claim that the Seahawks, Lions, Raiders are all equally dumb for not exceeding or matching it. Once you acknowledge that, the argument that the 9ers totally got over on Richard Sherman basically falls apart.


    We don’t really know about the matching thing, we are taking Sherman at his word on a) the conversations actually happened b) he legitimately went through all contract details c) wasn’t purely for leverage. Based on everything else he has said, I don’t think he had any real intention of allowing anyone to match, if the conversations even happened. He might have just called JS and said ‘hey I got this much’ and hung up. his ego is everything, covering up his doo doo would be natural, saying something like that.

    Sherman might be smart, but I don’t know if anyone has called him wise.

    He probably hates it that people are out here ripping his own work.
    User avatar
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4285
    Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:26 am


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:05 am
  • SkyHawks16 wrote:We had something no other team could offer ... the ability to play Seattle twice a year," Lynch said. "I'm vengeful in that way," Sherman said.

    Good for him, but I am laughing at those people acting they are getting the Seahawks Sherman. He is 30, 2 Achilles injuries later.


    I keep reading people say stuff like that....but who is saying he'll be the same Sherman?
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6064
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:07 am
  • Popeyejones wrote:
    KitsapGuy wrote:


    While it seems obviously true that anyone would prefer to negotiate with a novitiate rathe than an experienced negotiator, from the MMQB reporting we have a key fact that really dispels all these stories about Sherman getting crushed and the 9ers doing cartwheels for being able to bamboozle him because he didn't have an agent:

    The other teams interested in him all passed on matching or exceeding the value of this contract.

    If Sherman got destroyed in this contract, why wouldn't those teams be willing to match it? It just doesn't make a lick of sense. Basically, to claim that Sherman is dumb for signing this deal you have to simultaneously claim that the Seahawks, Lions, Raiders are all equally dumb for not exceeding or matching it. Once you acknowledge that, the argument that the 9ers totally got over on Richard Sherman basically falls apart.


    Honestly, I think the backlash is coming from Agents...the ones who stand to be phased out if more players negotiation their own deals.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6064
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:47 am
  • Sherman is about one thing, HIMSELF. Get used to it Marvin. He'll say and do things, then claim he didn't say it etc. He'll play the victim over and over again. He'll eventually call out coaches, players, fans etc. and act like he didn't. He will talk down to people, all the time.....
    When he plays ball and keeps his pie hole shut, you'll love him. But it's just a matter of time before he makes you wanna bang your head against the wall and say "duuuuuude, shut up"
    Trust me on this, it's not a matter of IF it's gonna' happen, it's a matter of WHEN. And you can look forward to him telling the fans that they don't know what they are talking about. Or his blatant refusal to refuse he's wrong about anything, ever. And if he gives up a TD, he'll act like it's no biggie, or it was just a miscommunication by the D. It could NEVER be that he actually got beat on a play.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9780
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:54 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Sherman is about one thing, HIMSELF. Get used to it Marvin. He'll say and do things, then claim he didn't say it etc. He'll play the victim over and over again. He'll eventually call out coaches, players etc. and act like he didn't.
    When he plays ball and keeps his pie hole shut, you'll love him. But it's just a matter of time before he makes you wanna bang your head against the wall and say "duuuuuude, shut up"
    Trust me on this, it's not a matter of IF it's gonna' happen, it's a matter of WHEN.


    Dude....

    ...I don't doubt that AT ALL. LOL.

    You are talking to a guy who HATED Sherman. I don't throw that word around either. HATE.

    From Crabtree BS to comments on Harbaugh to eating the turkey on the Niners Logo at Levis (tho Wilson was there too for that and always blamed NBC more than the players)...I've gotten a fill of Shermans mouth.

    I 100% believe that there will come several times that I will be saying to myself "bro...just shut the F up".

    The flip side tho is I think he might be exactly what the team needs right now. Tall, rangy corner in that D and a player who young guys like Ahkello Witherspoon can learn from. Just the time he can spend with Ahkello in the film room would be invaluable. He's got playoff and championship experience which is sorely lacking on that D right now.

    I do NOT expect Sherman to be the same guy at 30 and coming off an Achilles (and BTW he said he didn't have a second Achilles procedure...he aid it was a bone spur). What I hope for from his is merely to be a solid corner and presence for younger defenders.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6064
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:20 am
  • And you get to be told that you never played the game, so you know absolutely nothing. And the media will hear the same. All in his I'm better than you tone, every time. That never gets old :?
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9780
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:50 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    SkyHawks16 wrote:We had something no other team could offer ... the ability to play Seattle twice a year," Lynch said. "I'm vengeful in that way," Sherman said.

    Good for him, but I am laughing at those people acting they are getting the Seahawks Sherman. He is 30, 2 Achilles injuries later.


    I keep reading people say stuff like that....but who is saying he'll be the same Sherman?





    Marvin I’ve asked that same question to no answer. If we get Sherman at 80% or better we’re doing ok I think
    User avatar
    rlkats
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1640
    Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 7:42 pm


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:53 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Sherman is about one thing, HIMSELF. Get used to it Marvin. He'll say and do things, then claim he didn't say it etc. He'll play the victim over and over again. He'll eventually call out coaches, players etc. and act like he didn't.
    When he plays ball and keeps his pie hole shut, you'll love him. But it's just a matter of time before he makes you wanna bang your head against the wall and say "duuuuuude, shut up"
    Trust me on this, it's not a matter of IF it's gonna' happen, it's a matter of WHEN.


    Dude....

    ...I don't doubt that AT ALL. LOL.

    You are talking to a guy who HATED Sherman. I don't throw that word around either. HATE.

    From Crabtree BS to comments on Harbaugh to eating the turkey on the Niners Logo at Levis (tho Wilson was there too for that and always blamed NBC more than the players)...I've gotten a fill of Shermans mouth.

    I 100% believe that there will come several times that I will be saying to myself "bro...just shut the F up".

    The flip side tho is I think he might be exactly what the team needs right now. Tall, rangy corner in that D and a player who young guys like Ahkello Witherspoon can learn from. Just the time he can spend with Ahkello in the film room would be invaluable. He's got playoff and championship experience which is sorely lacking on that D right now.

    I do NOT expect Sherman to be the same guy at 30 and coming off an Achilles (and BTW he said he didn't have a second Achilles procedure...he aid it was a bone spur). What I hope for from his is merely to be a solid corner and presence for younger defenders.





    On point Marvin. I think most niner fans feel this way
    User avatar
    rlkats
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1640
    Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 7:42 pm


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:55 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:And you get to be told that you never played the game, so you know absolutely nothing. And the media will hear the same. All in his I'm better than you tone, every time. That never gets old :?




    Hey just to keep you up to date your not telling us anything we don’t know. These statements are what drove us to have a deep emotional hate for the man. And for the record we are hoping it works out, but not over confident.
    User avatar
    rlkats
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1640
    Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 7:42 pm


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:35 pm
  • Image
    I used to be Bitter.
    User avatar
    JustTheTip
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1381
    Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:38 pm


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:29 pm
  • Coug_Hawk08 wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:
    KitsapGuy wrote:


    While it seems obviously true that anyone would prefer to negotiate with a novitiate rathe than an experienced negotiator, from the MMQB reporting we have a key fact that really dispels all these stories about Sherman getting crushed and the 9ers doing cartwheels for being able to bamboozle him because he didn't have an agent:

    The other teams interested in him all passed on matching or exceeding the value of this contract.

    If Sherman got destroyed in this contract, why wouldn't those teams be willing to match it? It just doesn't make a lick of sense. Basically, to claim that Sherman is dumb for signing this deal you have to simultaneously claim that the Seahawks, Lions, Raiders are all equally dumb for not exceeding or matching it. Once you acknowledge that, the argument that the 9ers totally got over on Richard Sherman basically falls apart.


    We don’t really know about the matching thing, we are taking Sherman at his word on a) the conversations actually happened b) he legitimately went through all contract details c) wasn’t purely for leverage. Based on everything else he has said, I don’t think he had any real intention of allowing anyone to match, if the conversations even happened. He might have just called JS and said ‘hey I got this much’ and hung up. his ego is everything, covering up his doo doo would be natural, saying something like that.

    Sherman might be smart, but I don’t know if anyone has called him wise.

    He probably hates it that people are out here ripping his own work.


    This. For all we know he could have called those other teams and said "3 years, $39 million. You gonna beat that or not?". I mean, this all happened pretty fast. You really think he was earnestly and legitimately talking with, and sharing details of terms with at least 4 different teams?

    And once you acknowledge this, the argument that a bunch of other teams passed on matching the contract therefore Sherman didn't get taken advantage of basically falls apart.
    User avatar
    Chapow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2614
    Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:38 pm


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:49 pm
  • I don't have any strong feelings either way on this. It's just NFL business as usual.
    User avatar
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4430
    Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:47 pm


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:06 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:And you get to be told that you never played the game, so you know absolutely nothing. And the media will hear the same. All in his I'm better than you tone, every time. That never gets old :?


    Honestly hurts.
    hawkman
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 113
    Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:10 am


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:14 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:And you get to be told that you never played the game, so you know absolutely nothing. And the media will hear the same. All in his I'm better than you tone, every time. That never gets old :?

    Are you Jim Moore??? Just asking for a friend.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23392
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:16 am
  • hawkman wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:And you get to be told that you never played the game, so you know absolutely nothing. And the media will hear the same. All in his I'm better than you tone, every time. That never gets old :?


    Honestly hurts.

    You don’t know how ironic your post is.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23392
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:54 am
  • Funny, hell no I'm not Jim Moore, can't stand that guy. I send text messages to the show all the time telling him how ridiculous he is. Nice guy, horrible on the radio.
    Just passing on to the Niner fans what to expect. I love Sherm, wore his jersey etc. I just won't miss the drama that's all, and I'm not gonna' sugar coat what he had become the last couple years. It's a business, big $ players get cut with regularity these days. It sucks, but it wasn't realistic to keep everyone on this team, especially all the big $ contracts on Defense. I'll miss the player big time, he is one of the all time great players on the Hawks, period.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9780
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:34 am
  • Hawknballs wrote:ETA until we complete Seahaws Twilight Zone and sign Michael Crabtree?

    Lol pls god make this happen. And Kaepernick too to back up Wilson.
    User avatar
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1267
    Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:38 am


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:38 am
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    Hawknballs wrote:ETA until we complete Seahaws Twilight Zone and sign Michael Crabtree?

    Lol pls god make this happen.



    He's better than Sherman...
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13324
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:53 am
  • Shermans deal is so incentive based he might have screwed himself. Atleast he got a 5 mil signing bonus. I think he signed with the niners because he knew hes not going to get any huge offers so he just went to california were hes from and were he gets to play the hawks twice a year.
    Image
    User avatar
    RussB
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2589
    Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:42 pm
    Location: Spokane, WA


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:49 pm
  • A lot of butt hurt hawk fans rn.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1210
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:08 pm


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:06 pm
  • Nah, it's all in good fun. F the Niners.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9780
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:18 pm
  • Chapow wrote:
    Coug_Hawk08 wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:
    KitsapGuy wrote:


    While it seems obviously true that anyone would prefer to negotiate with a novitiate rathe than an experienced negotiator, from the MMQB reporting we have a key fact that really dispels all these stories about Sherman getting crushed and the 9ers doing cartwheels for being able to bamboozle him because he didn't have an agent:

    The other teams interested in him all passed on matching or exceeding the value of this contract.

    If Sherman got destroyed in this contract, why wouldn't those teams be willing to match it? It just doesn't make a lick of sense. Basically, to claim that Sherman is dumb for signing this deal you have to simultaneously claim that the Seahawks, Lions, Raiders are all equally dumb for not exceeding or matching it. Once you acknowledge that, the argument that the 9ers totally got over on Richard Sherman basically falls apart.


    We don’t really know about the matching thing, we are taking Sherman at his word on a) the conversations actually happened b) he legitimately went through all contract details c) wasn’t purely for leverage. Based on everything else he has said, I don’t think he had any real intention of allowing anyone to match, if the conversations even happened. He might have just called JS and said ‘hey I got this much’ and hung up. his ego is everything, covering up his doo doo would be natural, saying something like that.

    Sherman might be smart, but I don’t know if anyone has called him wise.

    He probably hates it that people are out here ripping his own work.


    This. For all we know he could have called those other teams and said "3 years, $39 million. You gonna beat that or not?". I mean, this all happened pretty fast. You really think he was earnestly and legitimately talking with, and sharing details of terms with at least 4 different teams?

    And once you acknowledge this, the argument that a bunch of other teams passed on matching the contract therefore Sherman didn't get taken advantage of basically falls apart.


    This is categorically false. We know he didn’t just say 3 years and 39 million because we know about the specific clause in his contract with the 9ers that Schneider balked at.

    And we also know from Lynch that Sherman was excusing himself throughout the day to speak to other teams about the negotiation points of the deal.

    And we also know from Marathe that Sherman caught an error in their standard language contract for meeting pro bowl incentives and that they amendded it and will be going with Sherman’s correction moving forward.

    I don’t know why you’re so invested in Sherman having the wool pulled over his eyes, but either everyone is lying or you don’t know what you’re talking about when you claim “for all we know...”
    User avatar
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4816
    Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:58 am


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:06 pm


  • “What people don’t know is [Sherman] called John Schneider, the GM of the Seahawks and John was actually giving him guidance on how to do his deal, because he’s his own agent. So it wasn’t like, they thought they were doing him a solid. I think Richard’s looking at it like “here’s my deal because I want you guys to match.” They’re looking at it like, “we’re trying to help you out and guide you since you’re being your own agent and this is where you can get more money.” Obviously it helps the Seahawks if he gets a lot more money, and it hurts [the 49ers] cap.”

    Video is embedded above if you would like to watch it. Make sure to go to the 1:04 to hear the comments.
    Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 4930
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:27 am
  • Chapow wrote:
    Coug_Hawk08 wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:
    KitsapGuy wrote:


    While it seems obviously true that anyone would prefer to negotiate with a novitiate rathe than an experienced negotiator, from the MMQB reporting we have a key fact that really dispels all these stories about Sherman getting crushed and the 9ers doing cartwheels for being able to bamboozle him because he didn't have an agent:

    The other teams interested in him all passed on matching or exceeding the value of this contract.

    If Sherman got destroyed in this contract, why wouldn't those teams be willing to match it? It just doesn't make a lick of sense. Basically, to claim that Sherman is dumb for signing this deal you have to simultaneously claim that the Seahawks, Lions, Raiders are all equally dumb for not exceeding or matching it. Once you acknowledge that, the argument that the 9ers totally got over on Richard Sherman basically falls apart.


    We don’t really know about the matching thing, we are taking Sherman at his word on a) the conversations actually happened b) he legitimately went through all contract details c) wasn’t purely for leverage. Based on everything else he has said, I don’t think he had any real intention of allowing anyone to match, if the conversations even happened. He might have just called JS and said ‘hey I got this much’ and hung up. his ego is everything, covering up his doo doo would be natural, saying something like that.

    Sherman might be smart, but I don’t know if anyone has called him wise.

    He probably hates it that people are out here ripping his own work.


    This. For all we know he could have called those other teams and said "3 years, $39 million. You gonna beat that or not?". I mean, this all happened pretty fast. You really think he was earnestly and legitimately talking with, and sharing details of terms with at least 4 different teams?

    And once you acknowledge this, the argument that a bunch of other teams passed on matching the contract therefore Sherman didn't get taken advantage of basically falls apart.

    Once you acknowledge what? Your 100% baseless, made up assumption which may or may not be true?
    User avatar
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1267
    Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:38 am


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:37 am
  • No matter what any of us think, we don't TRULY know what happened. And believe it not, Twitter is not the absolute truth...... :lol:
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9780
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:47 am
  • Popeyejones wrote:
    Chapow wrote:
    Coug_Hawk08 wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:
    While it seems obviously true that anyone would prefer to negotiate with a novitiate rathe than an experienced negotiator, from the MMQB reporting we have a key fact that really dispels all these stories about Sherman getting crushed and the 9ers doing cartwheels for being able to bamboozle him because he didn't have an agent:

    The other teams interested in him all passed on matching or exceeding the value of this contract.

    If Sherman got destroyed in this contract, why wouldn't those teams be willing to match it? It just doesn't make a lick of sense. Basically, to claim that Sherman is dumb for signing this deal you have to simultaneously claim that the Seahawks, Lions, Raiders are all equally dumb for not exceeding or matching it. Once you acknowledge that, the argument that the 9ers totally got over on Richard Sherman basically falls apart.


    We don’t really know about the matching thing, we are taking Sherman at his word on a) the conversations actually happened b) he legitimately went through all contract details c) wasn’t purely for leverage. Based on everything else he has said, I don’t think he had any real intention of allowing anyone to match, if the conversations even happened. He might have just called JS and said ‘hey I got this much’ and hung up. his ego is everything, covering up his doo doo would be natural, saying something like that.

    Sherman might be smart, but I don’t know if anyone has called him wise.

    He probably hates it that people are out here ripping his own work.


    This. For all we know he could have called those other teams and said "3 years, $39 million. You gonna beat that or not?". I mean, this all happened pretty fast. You really think he was earnestly and legitimately talking with, and sharing details of terms with at least 4 different teams?

    And once you acknowledge this, the argument that a bunch of other teams passed on matching the contract therefore Sherman didn't get taken advantage of basically falls apart.


    This is categorically false. We know he didn’t just say 3 years and 39 million because we know about the specific clause in his contract with the 9ers that Schneider balked at.

    And we also know from Lynch that Sherman was excusing himself throughout the day to speak to other teams about the negotiation points of the deal.

    And we also know from Marathe that Sherman caught an error in their standard language contract for meeting pro bowl incentives and that they amendded it and will be going with Sherman’s correction moving forward.

    I don’t know why you’re so invested in Sherman having the wool pulled over his eyes, but either everyone is lying or you don’t know what you’re talking about when you claim “for all we know...”


    So you claim to know what Sherman did or did not say based on knowing about a clause in his contract (how that even makes sense in your head, I have no idea), Sherman left the room several times during an hours long negotiation, and Sherman noticed an error in one particular contract term.

    Wow. That's some hard evidence right there. Of what, I don't know, but clearly Sherm got a great deal from the 49ers and all the reports and sources saying that it's a very team friendly deal must just be wrong. After all, he noticed an error and left the room several times!

    And if you think writing a few posts on an internet message board = heavily invested, you really need to spend some time off the internet and gain some perspective. I'm heavily invested in my career, my marriage, and my house. Richard Sherman's contract with the 49ers means literally nothing to me and has no effect on my life whatsoever. I've been merely sharing my opinion which is what pretty much everyone here is doing.

    No matter how much you'd like to believe you know exactly what happened and exactly how it all it went down, unless your name is Richard Sherman, John Lynch, or Paraag Marathe, you don't. And neither does anybody else here including me.
    User avatar
    Chapow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2614
    Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:38 pm


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:55 am
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    Chapow wrote:
    Coug_Hawk08 wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:
    While it seems obviously true that anyone would prefer to negotiate with a novitiate rathe than an experienced negotiator, from the MMQB reporting we have a key fact that really dispels all these stories about Sherman getting crushed and the 9ers doing cartwheels for being able to bamboozle him because he didn't have an agent:

    The other teams interested in him all passed on matching or exceeding the value of this contract.

    If Sherman got destroyed in this contract, why wouldn't those teams be willing to match it? It just doesn't make a lick of sense. Basically, to claim that Sherman is dumb for signing this deal you have to simultaneously claim that the Seahawks, Lions, Raiders are all equally dumb for not exceeding or matching it. Once you acknowledge that, the argument that the 9ers totally got over on Richard Sherman basically falls apart.


    We don’t really know about the matching thing, we are taking Sherman at his word on a) the conversations actually happened b) he legitimately went through all contract details c) wasn’t purely for leverage. Based on everything else he has said, I don’t think he had any real intention of allowing anyone to match, if the conversations even happened. He might have just called JS and said ‘hey I got this much’ and hung up. his ego is everything, covering up his doo doo would be natural, saying something like that.

    Sherman might be smart, but I don’t know if anyone has called him wise.

    He probably hates it that people are out here ripping his own work.


    This. For all we know he could have called those other teams and said "3 years, $39 million. You gonna beat that or not?". I mean, this all happened pretty fast. You really think he was earnestly and legitimately talking with, and sharing details of terms with at least 4 different teams?

    And once you acknowledge this, the argument that a bunch of other teams passed on matching the contract therefore Sherman didn't get taken advantage of basically falls apart.


    Once you acknowledge what? Your 100% baseless, made up assumption which may or may not be true?


    WOOSH :lol:

    Try reading those 3 posts you quoted in the order they were posted in. In other words, try following the conversation. You might see what I did there. Then again, I won't be surprised if you don't.
    User avatar
    Chapow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2614
    Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:38 pm


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:38 am
  • Chapow wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    Chapow wrote:
    Coug_Hawk08 wrote:
    We don’t really know about the matching thing, we are taking Sherman at his word on a) the conversations actually happened b) he legitimately went through all contract details c) wasn’t purely for leverage. Based on everything else he has said, I don’t think he had any real intention of allowing anyone to match, if the conversations even happened. He might have just called JS and said ‘hey I got this much’ and hung up. his ego is everything, covering up his doo doo would be natural, saying something like that.

    Sherman might be smart, but I don’t know if anyone has called him wise.

    He probably hates it that people are out here ripping his own work.


    This. For all we know he could have called those other teams and said "3 years, $39 million. You gonna beat that or not?". I mean, this all happened pretty fast. You really think he was earnestly and legitimately talking with, and sharing details of terms with at least 4 different teams?

    And once you acknowledge this, the argument that a bunch of other teams passed on matching the contract therefore Sherman didn't get taken advantage of basically falls apart.


    Once you acknowledge what? Your 100% baseless, made up assumption which may or may not be true?


    WOOSH :lol:

    Try reading those 3 posts you quoted in the order they were posted in. In other words, try following the conversation. You might see what I did there. Then again, I won't be surprised if you don't.


    Not tryin' to argue...

    but...

    https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/03/12/richa ... peter-king

    "Late in the process, when Sherman and the Niners agreed on most of the incentives in the deal, he got back to the three most interested teams. Seattle, interestingly enough, wanted the first right of refusal on any offer, and so Sherman called Seahawks GM John Schneider. Sherman said Schneider told him, “Incentives [are] a little rich for me.” Sherman called Oakland GM Reggie McKenzie, who said he wasn’t going to have the cap money to compete for him. And Sherman called Detroit coach Matt Patricia and GM Bob Quinn; incentive package too rich for Detroit’s blood."

    They spoke specifically about the incentives in the deal and not the overall package.

    None of this really matters all that much as he is where he is, but the reporting is that he spoke about the specific terms of the deal and not just "hey, they are offering 39 million".
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6064
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


Sherman: Pete's Act Has Gone Stale
Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:16 am

Re: Sherman: Pete's Act Has Gone Stale
Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:12 pm
  • Tusc2000 wrote:Hoped he would depart with more class than this....

    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2278 ... came-stale


    Got it. So instead of continuing the spirit of what he had bought into and helping to find new ways to evolve the philosophy and teach it to younger guys as a leader he decided to instead become a cancer.

    While I think the way Pete does things has its issues, I also think what Sherman says in this interview goes a long way to reinforcing the serious character flaws many here have speculated he has over the last several years. It seems more and more likely he was among those responsible for the team chemistry dissolving (make no mistake, I think Pete himself holds the most responsibility for this.)
    I used to be Bitter.
    User avatar
    JustTheTip
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1381
    Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:38 pm


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:58 pm
  • Image
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 29878
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:35 pm
  • Shanegotyou11 wrote:A lot of butt hurt hawk fans rn.

    Yep.

    IMHO this move will haunt the Hawks for years, hopefully I’m wrong about that, but I doubt it.

    That being said As much as I loved RS here, I hope Russ and company burn him for about three TD’s a game.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23392
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:46 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Shanegotyou11 wrote:A lot of butt hurt hawk fans rn.

    Yep.

    IMHO this move will haunt the Hawks for years, hopefully I’m wrong about that, but I doubt it.

    That being said As much as I loved RS here, I hope Russ and company burn him for about three TD’s a game.


    Yanno...even ONE td a game will be enuff...... :twisted: :rumble:
    R.I.P. Queen.
    User avatar
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7834
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:04 am
  • www.hawk-talk.com

    Image

    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    User avatar
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 3151
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:48 pm
  • It is unreal to me too. I never thought I would see the day that Richard Sherman is playing for the 49ers. Obviously if healthy he can be a good player. I don't know if he is healthy or not though. We will see. Even a 85% - 90% Richard Sherman is better than what we had. If he can return close to 100% he is a huge upgrade. Yes he will play with a chip on his shoulder. That's what motivates Sherman. Proving others wrong. I believe he still has a lot in the tank if healthy. The rule changes over the years though had some impact on his very physical and hand usage type of game. I think he can still be good and even excellent. We will see. It's a lot for Seattle to give up. But there were injuries involved and a potential big money contract. So they did not want to take the risk and let him go.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 225
    Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:21 am


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Tue May 01, 2018 4:46 am
  • I was just starting to forget that we lost Sherm.

    Thanks for the reminder, 'friend'.
    www.hawk-talk.com

    Image

    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    User avatar
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 3151
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Tue May 01, 2018 8:14 am
  • It's ok, any time someone has a catch or a TD on him, it will somehow not be his fault.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9780
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Fri May 11, 2018 10:50 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:It's ok, any time someone has a catch or a TD on him, it will somehow not be his fault.


    And it will be nice to see him yelling at teammates and trying to start fights on the other team's sideline. I was done with him after that happened.
    User avatar
    253hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3112
    Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:36 am
    Location: PNW


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Fri May 11, 2018 11:18 am
  • Well, as great as he was, and he was great.......It clearly was NEVER his fault. And he's never been wrong about anything.....ever. Loved the guy for a long time, but his act got really old.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9780
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Sat May 12, 2018 1:41 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Well, as great as he was, and he was great.......It clearly was NEVER his fault. And he's never been wrong about anything.....ever. Loved the guy for a long time, but his act got really old.

    Agree..Keep the rage on the field of play.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3922
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Sat May 12, 2018 4:30 pm
  • Loving his leadership so far he pretty much taken all of our young DB's under his wing from what I seen on social media
    SF49r
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 496
    Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:30 pm


Re: (unreal) Sherman is a 49er
Sat May 12, 2018 5:16 pm
  • SF49r wrote:Loving his leadership so far he pretty much taken all of our young DB's under his wing from what I seen on social media



    He is a master of social media manipulation. It is his actual words and actions that matter.
    User avatar
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2021
    Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:54 am


PreviousNext


It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:05 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online