Ndamukong Suh A Ram (Sefarian-Jenkins signs with Jags)

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
It's a workout, it's 5 AM, he says stay tuned for some exciting news going on. Pete and John stay ahead of us fans, Bennett's gone and Pete still bolsters the defense by potentially signing Suh. Nasty player that can back it up! I'll bet this is announced by the end of the day.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Suh over Sheldon would be a huge win for the FO. We should be able to get him for similar $ to Richardson but we gain a 3rd or 4th rd comp pick when Richardson walks and Suh won't negate that. Plus he'd add some nasty to this defense.

OP
OP
Str8OuttaSkittles

Str8OuttaSkittles

Reaction score
man ima be happy as a pig in mud although i think he trains here offseason? idk but this would be huge he a beast

Seymour

Reaction score
If they sign Suh at age 31 after dumping Bennett at 32, that would pretty much squash the "getting younger" excuse for Bennett.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Terrible idea. Why some of you aren't aware that Suh is locker room cancer, I have no idea.

Seymour

Reaction score
Crizilla":1lem62al said:
Terrible idea. Why some of you aren't aware that Suh is locker room cancer, I have no idea.

Who is not aware of that?
That won't stop Pete. Sheldon Richardson was too.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
Seymour":2vcxh7sk said:
If they sign Suh at age 31 after dumping Bennett at 32, that would pretty much squash the "getting younger" excuse for Bennett.

Well, it IS younger :mrgreen:

PaVloVa!8

Reaction score
With Bennett out we need that type of player ... Our DL would look sharp and nasty IMO

2_0_6

Reaction score
Seymour":1zfryzv4 said:

Big difference in the roles that they play. A DE can lose a step, while a DT just needs to be a roadblock in the middle. Him next to Jarran Reed, oh lawd!

Greenhell

Reaction score
Would totall heart this pick-up. I had no idea he was a FA. How many years ago was Seattle in talks with Suh? We we lookin to aquire him awhile back.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I suspect it is a trade up from Richardson, not a massive trade up.

We tend to do better with the 2nd tier FA guys. Lynch, Avril and Bennett were not heralded studs when they came over. They were guys that were somewhat overlooked on teams that were not doing as well as they could.

Not sure Suh fits that dynamic and it feels like he didn't have the impact I expected of him in Miami. But I honestly have not seen more than a few Miami games so maybe that is fixable. So maybe someone can enlighten me as to his ability right now?

It still feels like we are switching guys that we know for guys we don't and not getting a massive dollar saving in doing so. But at least they are doing something.

For what we do, I would still probably prefer a Bennett over Suh but a Suh over Ricardson if the #s are comparable in dollars is probably a decent risk.

I don't think Suh was so much a 'cancer' as a sometimes dirty player. Then again, playing the Rams a few times each year we probably owe them a little dirty play.

Seymour

Reaction score
2_0_6":36q3c0dr said:
Seymour":36q3c0dr said:

Big difference in the roles that they play. A DE can lose a step, while a DT just needs to be a roadblock in the middle. Him next to Jarran Reed, oh lawd!

Bennett played BOTH inside and outside though.

Point is, dumping Bennett was not about age or even money. For $2M more dollars, we could have had him this season. That is a ridiculous deal to give away to another team.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Seymour":arbdxs26 said:
2_0_6":arbdxs26 said:
Seymour":arbdxs26 said:

Bennett played BOTH inside and outside though.

Point is, dumping Bennett was not about age or even money. For $2M more dollars, we could have had him this season. That is a ridiculous deal to give away to another team.

32 years old who causes drama in the locker room and has two bad feet.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":jp315un7 said:
Hell yes, bring him in. Fans are gonna' whine anyway. He's a great player, still.

Goff and Garoppolo are going to be whining too after Suh steps on their pencil necks. :twisted: :rumble: