Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Ndamukong Suh A Ram (Sefarian-Jenkins signs with Jags)

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    Decimation wrote:Man this freaking sucks lol of all teams he has to sign with the Rams.. makes them instant contenders if they weren’t already.

Might have to bench Russ two times a year because he could be on death row.

Nah, he should be short enough to squirt underneath Suh's and Donald's legs.

See my avatar for more information. :les:

Your avatar always makes me laugh my ass off!
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

• Is there an interior OL in the league that can block these guys with anything resembling consistency? Maybe the Eagles and/or Raiders? Cowboys struggled blocking just Donald when they played last year.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• Interesting that this is a one year signing, maybe wishful speculation but anyone thinking Suh wants to play here afterall, hes had the big contract, he's got a chance for the ring and then finish off his career at home, John and Pete may have told him we can't pay ya what you need this year, pick your spot sign the 1 yr deal and let's revisit this next offseason when we've got some financial flexibility. He could've gone after the big cash in a couple cities and gotten term, and probably could've pushed for a multi year on the rams, he had enough suiters to push for that, just letting my fandom run wild lol
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

• One of those "looks too good on paper" situations, methinks.

Reminds me of the 2011 Philadelphia Eagles.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

• Well Seattle isn't winning the division next year. Were probably not making the playoffs either . All the more reason they should take BPA at 18.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• 1-5 in the division... only splitting the the Turds
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

• The_Z_Man wrote:One of those "looks too good on paper" situations, methinks.

I'm seeing this on twitter and I don't think it's a fair comparison. Goff is better than over the hill Vick or Vince Young. Suh and Donald are three time first team All-Pros. Peters and Talib are better than Nnamdi. I think the eagles had a better OL and maybe ILBs.

Honestly see some serious bargaining going on around here. Sure, a dream team collapse could happen, but it's far less likely than them having a dominant defense. I think injuries are the main obstacle to them succeeding.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• The_Z_Man wrote:One of those "looks too good on paper" situations, methinks.

Except you know they had a really good team last year and they just upgraded in multiple areas and have a bunch of cap space....

Besides that yeah maybe....
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• They're doing exactly what they should be doing, going all in when you have multiple stars on rookie deals. Ring a bell?

I don't think Donald steps foot on a football field without a new deal, though. And with their (estimated) cap space at around $14M after the Suh signing, plus playing the PS, rookies and keeping money back for IR they simply cannot afford Donald this season.

I'd like to play them week 1 and week 2 please, when Donald likely isn't in the game.

I believe 1st round rookies playing on their 5th year option have to play in at least 6 games to avoid their contract tolling into next season so the Rams may very well not get him on the field until week 11.

Or maybe they are trading him, which would also be scary given the compensation they'd get. Although that's probably unlikely given Suh is only a one year deal.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Thepeelsessions wrote:
    original poster wrote:Done deal to the Rams. $14M per rapoport

Ahhh, I miss having an electric quarterback on a cheap rookie deal. Those were the days.

Wait till its a lower powered and mega expensive version..I've missed those days for some time now
    Congrats Alice..Your team is all in..It may blow up in their faces but they are trying and I know you
    have stuck with them no matter what so I'm happy for you.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Another funny one I saw-

Rams starting lineup for 2018

pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• Nope, 3-3 in the division, splitting with all 3 teams in the division.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• original poster wrote:They're doing exactly what they should be doing, going all in when you have multiple stars on rookie deals. Ring a bell?

I don't think Donald steps foot on a football field without a new deal, though. And with their (estimated) cap space at around $14M after the Suh signing, plus playing the PS, rookies and keeping money back for IR they simply cannot afford Donald this season.

I'd like to play them week 1 and week 2 please, when Donald likely isn't in the game.

I believe 1st round rookies playing on their 5th year option have to play in at least 6 games to avoid their contract tolling into next season so the Rams may very well not get him on the field until week 11.

Or maybe they are trading him, which would also be scary given the compensation they'd get. Although that's probably unlikely given Suh is only a one year deal.

Donald isn’t going anywhere. It was stated he was consulted before the Suh signing and he’s all in.

So, lose that dream.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• IndyHawk wrote:
    Thepeelsessions wrote:
    original poster wrote:Done deal to the Rams. $14M per rapoport

Ahhh, I miss having an electric quarterback on a cheap rookie deal. Those were the days.

Wait till its a lower powered and mega expensive version..I've missed those days for some time now
    Congrats Alice..Your team is all in..It may blow up in their faces but they are trying and I know you
    have stuck with them no matter what so I'm happy for you.

Thank you Indy.

It’s crazy! And yes, after the last many years this is completely new and fun.

Let’s see what happens.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Nope, 3-3 in the division, splitting with all 3 teams in the division.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on this.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• RedAlice wrote:
    original poster wrote:They're doing exactly what they should be doing, going all in when you have multiple stars on rookie deals. Ring a bell?

Donald isn’t going anywhere. It was stated he was consulted before the Suh signing and he’s all in.

So, lose that dream.

As I said, it's very unlikely.

Do you think he will hold out? Or get a new contract?
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• That's fine, agreeing to disagree is pretty normal around here. All in how you look at things. I'd rather believe and be wrong than assume the worst and be right.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:That's fine, agreeing to disagree is pretty normal around here. All in how you look at things. I'd rather believe and be wrong than assume the worst and be right.

Well saying Super Bowl every year eventually you may be right, only took like 40 years for the first one so now that it's reset your odds get better every year now.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I'm not even close to thinking Super Bowl. But I'm not folding tent and saying they will be horrible. I just don't subscribe to gloom and doom. To each his/her own.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• They better pray they win it all this year. They'll have to pay Peters - Goff - Gurley and Donald. They'll be forced to pay Donald QB money which is going to destroy their cap. So they know all they got is this next year to load up a super team.
    ApnaHawk
    NET Rookie

• If that D-line plays up to its potential, it's going to be unbelievable. Wow. Their linebackers are going to be running around unimpeded way too much for my comfort.
    nanomoz
    NET Veteran

• Northwest Seahawk wrote:Well Seattle isn't winning the division next year. Were probably not making the playoffs either .

You're a little late to the party. The self described realists here have been declaring this to be the case for weeks and months now anyway so I'm not really sure how or why this makes a difference. According to them, we were already doomed regardless of what we or anyone else did anyway. The only thing that remains to be seen is where in the top 5 of next years draft we will be picking.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• ApnaHawk wrote:They better pray they win it all this year. They'll have to pay Peters - Goff - Gurley and Donald. They'll be forced to pay Donald QB money which is going to destroy their cap. So they know all they got is this next year to load up a super team.

Rams have $100m cap next year, 2019.

The estimates I saw still leave them with $40m after signing all who need paid.

Yeah, I can barely sleep I so worried.

All we got is this year, then dead. :34853_doh:
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• RedAlice wrote:
    ApnaHawk wrote:They better pray they win it all this year. They'll have to pay Peters - Goff - Gurley and Donald. They'll be forced to pay Donald QB money which is going to destroy their cap. So they know all they got is this next year to load up a super team.

So you all you got...and hope that is all yall need. :2thumbs:
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• RedAlice wrote:
    ApnaHawk wrote:They better pray they win it all this year. They'll have to pay Peters - Goff - Gurley and Donald. They'll be forced to pay Donald QB money which is going to destroy their cap. So they know all they got is this next year to load up a super team.

Yea, but that's with only 30 players on the books, and some of those will have to be negotiated with... especially if they do have any success this year.

There's a lot of expectations piling up in the media for a team that was one and done last year in the playoffs... football is not just a physical game, it's a MENTAL game, and when you pile up expectations on a locker room full of mercenaries, some of those who have spent their entire careers being headcases, you have a recipe for disaster. Winning championships requires a "family" mindset. I have yet to ever, in all my years of watching football, see a mercenary team win a championship. The closest we ever got was the Plunkett/Allen Raiders, but those guys bonded over being "castaways" - they didn't sign free agent deals, they wound up there and they bonded over the whole "discarded" mantra.

Team chemistry is everything - knowing where your teammates are going to be, who has what receiver, who is going to do this or that. All these new guys are used to different systems, and to make it all more difficult - the NFL limits practice time these days. That's WHY the Patriots keep going to Superbowl after Superbowl despite having only 1 guy on the team with "star" level talent (Gronk). Brady is the greatest QB of all time, not because he is some super athlete like Cam Newton, or has a cannon arm like Farve... truth is, he's stiff as a board, has an above NFL arm, but man, his mental game is second to none, and he affects everyone on his team... he gets them working together and playing together. He takes guys that are "average" players, and makes them play great as a team.

What the Rams have is a bunch of insanely talented guys with no synergy, and not one guy on that team capable of managing those egos' stepping up, and pulling them all together. If they had a veteran QB, a real leader, like a Manning or some other aging QB star, I'd have them locked in for a Superbowl win, but I don't see Goff doing that.

I think that everyone will have this expectation that they will be unblock-able, unstoppable, et. and then when that proves NOT to be the case, people start asking questions, and the stress starts getting to them.

The team that always wins the Superbowl is the guys who develop synergy playing together for a few years, and then they "gel" at the right time.

I think the Rams would have done better staying with what they had, rather than discarding guys and going windowshopping for new stuff.

Final point -- their schedule is brutal, as they have to play the Eagles, the Vikings, and the Saints -- the 3 best teams in the NFC.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

• The GMF staff on NFL network has christned the Ram’s defense “The Legion of Goons”...
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

• The_Z_Man wrote:

Final point -- their schedule is brutal, as they have to play the Eagles, the Vikings, and the Saints -- the 3 best teams in the NFC.

Are they the best teams in the NFC? They were this year. Last year going in, the popular consensus was that the best teams would be the Packers, Cowboys, Seahawks, and Giants. The AFC West was supposed to be the best division in the league. Those other NFC teams have added nowhere near the same level of talent that the Rams have.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• RedAlice wrote:

You'd think Rams fans would be a little bit more humble after living in the basement of the NFC west for a decade and half.

Im happy for y'all. A strong division breads strong teams in the playoffs. We went all in this past year and look what happened. We thought we had the deepest most talented d-line, buckled with 2 pro bowl lbs and a all star cash in the backfield. Not only that, we have a super star qb.

All that talent doesn't always translate to the field.
    ApnaHawk
    NET Rookie

• The_Z_Man wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:

Yea, but that's with only 30 players on the books, and some of those will have to be negotiated with... especially if they do have any success this year.

There's a lot of expectations piling up in the media for a team that was one and done last year in the playoffs... football is not just a physical game, it's a MENTAL game, and when you pile up expectations on a locker room full of mercenaries, some of those who have spent their entire careers being headcases, you have a recipe for disaster. Winning championships requires a "family" mindset. I have yet to ever, in all my years of watching football, see a mercenary team win a championship. The closest we ever got was the Plunkett/Allen Raiders, but those guys bonded over being "castaways" - they didn't sign free agent deals, they wound up there and they bonded over the whole "discarded" mantra.

Team chemistry is everything - knowing where your teammates are going to be, who has what receiver, who is going to do this or that. All these new guys are used to different systems, and to make it all more difficult - the NFL limits practice time these days. That's WHY the Patriots keep going to Superbowl after Superbowl despite having only 1 guy on the team with "star" level talent (Gronk). Brady is the greatest QB of all time, not because he is some super athlete like Cam Newton, or has a cannon arm like Farve... truth is, he's stiff as a board, has an above NFL arm, but man, his mental game is second to none, and he affects everyone on his team... he gets them working together and playing together. He takes guys that are "average" players, and makes them play great as a team.

What the Rams have is a bunch of insanely talented guys with no synergy, and not one guy on that team capable of managing those egos' stepping up, and pulling them all together. If they had a veteran QB, a real leader, like a Manning or some other aging QB star, I'd have them locked in for a Superbowl win, but I don't see Goff doing that.

I think that everyone will have this expectation that they will be unblock-able, unstoppable, et. and then when that proves NOT to be the case, people start asking questions, and the stress starts getting to them.

The team that always wins the Superbowl is the guys who develop synergy playing together for a few years, and then they "gel" at the right time.

I think the Rams would have done better staying with what they had, rather than discarding guys and going windowshopping for new stuff.

This. Look how much money Dan Snyder has pissed away on superstar free agents year after year and yet.....NOTHING. (Not so much lately but that has been his m.o. in the past.)
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

• ApnaHawk wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:

You'd think Rams fans would be a little bit more humble after living in the basement of the NFC west for a decade and half.

Im happy for y'all. A strong division breads strong teams in the playoffs. We went all in this past year and look what happened. We thought we had the deepest most talented d-line, buckled with 2 pro bowl lbs and a all star cash in the backfield. Not only that, we have a super star qb.

All that talent doesn't always translate to the field.

I should be more humble?

No correct response to you is postable.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• RedAlice, it's gonna be your team against the 49ers in the coming season. We Hawks fans have enjoyed five very good years. But things always change and well, being for your team in a down year is part of it.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Starter

• SantaClaraHawk wrote:RedAlice, it's gonna be your team against the 49ers in the coming season. We Hawks fans have enjoyed five very good years. But things always change and well, being for your team in a down year is part of it.

Pump the brakes on the Niners, while they are looking like they are finally getting better. They are by NO way ready for the hype they are getting and im a Niners fan. The Rams are pointing to be the division leader for a while to come. The Hawks and Cards will be back soon. Im not leaving any team out.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

• Rams are going all in this year. I don't think it really matters. Goff folds under pressure and I just can't see him beating 3 really good teams in the playoffs to win a championship. Like others have said I can't see Donald stepping on the field this year without a major pay raise. He held out all pre-season last year. Its a slap in his face that they paid Suh before him. Rams basically have 1-2 years before everything changes. They will have 55 million tied up in Goff/Gurley/Donald. (currently about 19 million.)
    Last edited by RCATES on Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
    RCATES
    NET Starter

• Exactly, completely different QB under pressure. Plus, they have to deal w/all those psycho players, AND stay healthy. One playoff win, nothing more in 2018.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• RedAlice wrote:

Not sure where you're getting your info. I have them at around 10 million after Suh.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/los-angeles-rams/

You're right about them having closer to 90 available next year but that's if they let half of their current starters walk. Not happening. Especially after Donald and Gurley get paid. They will have no Suh and be right up against the max on the cap. Like I said its SB or bust for the Rams this year. This years team will be the best they put on the field in the next 10 years. Paying Suh 15 million for one year proves that the Rams know things financially will change dramatically next season.
    RCATES
    NET Starter

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Exactly, completely different QB under pressure. Plus, they have to deal w/all those psycho players, AND stay healthy. One playoff win, nothing more in 2018.

Do you mean pass rush pressure or stakes are high pressure? McVay and that OL do an excellent job of mitigating the first and I don't see much evidence to agree or disagree with the second. I definitely don't think their playoff loss was on Goff. From what I recall, it came down to two ST fumbles and I think his receivers dropped a few well thrown balls as well.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• Just rewatched the playoff game and Goff did pretty well. Some balls behind receivers and took a bit long to make decisions, but the Atlanta D has to get some credit for playing fast, hard, and disciplined. I saw five drops by receivers too. Gurley was particularly bad, if anyone choked it was him.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:

So you all you got...and hope that is all yall need. :2thumbs:

Yes! Loves to you sweetie. :179417:

eta: I mean real hugs, not my sarcasm to you, ever. :irishdrinkers:

second eta: I think my sarcasm is becoming completely unappreciated around here now. It was so adorable years ago.
    Last edited by RedAlice on Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• RCATES wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:

Not sure where you're getting your info. I have them at around 10 million after Suh.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/los-angeles-rams/

You're right about them having closer to 90 available next year but that's if they let half of their current starters walk. Not happening. Especially after Donald and Gurley get paid. They will have no Suh and be right up against the max on the cap. Like I said its SB or bust for the Rams this year. This years team will be the best they put on the field in the next 10 years. Paying Suh 15 million for one year proves that the Rams know things financially will change dramatically next season.

I'm reading the same site as you are.

I just think that maybe, possibly, in the current world that Snead is smarter than an internet poster. As your math makes no sense. Feel free to lay it out to me.

Loves! :179417:
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• SantaClaraHawk wrote:RedAlice, it's gonna be your team against the 49ers in the coming season. We Hawks fans have enjoyed five very good years. But things always change and well, being for your team in a down year is part of it.

You live in Santa Clara?

Well. I went and fell in love w a Niner fan this off season. He lives in Los Gatos.

Smart man, he's trying to learn the Rams and not challenging me on any topic as I know more about football than he does.

Just as the Niner get good. This shall be amusing I am sure. :2thumbs:

As to me, I have always considered the Hawks a side favorite in the NFCW. Obviously why I've been here all these years....and I'd love to see Hawks become again. They will.

Moments in time.

eta: I hate the Niners. So I am probably about to have a mixed NFL marriage.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• Must add, I will not ever be anything other than me here, and by no means will I act like a stupid arrogant fan of an opposing team. I've known many of you for years. I will keep my sarcasm.

And, I'll still be here in ten years when the wheel has gone round and round.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• Rams aren't buying a dream team. They're returning 10 of 11 starters on offense.
    All they're doing is putting together a 3-4 D with Wade's stamp on it. Emphasis on the front line pass rush and the back end in man-to-man.

It remains to be seen if the run D improves.
    Rams_eat_QB's
    NET Bench Warmer

• RedAlice wrote:Must add, I will not ever be anything other than me here, and by no means will I act like a stupid arrogant fan of an opposing team. I've known many of you for years. I will keep my sarcasm.

my facts.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• When I was a sweet little losing Rams fan years ago....

To all brand new babydoll Hawk fans yelling at me: check my join date.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• RedAlice wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:Must add, I will not ever be anything other than me here, and by no means will I act like a stupid arrogant fan of an opposing team. I've known many of you for years. I will keep my sarcasm.

my facts.

Hmmm, so rational during the off season. Good for you.

Please don't keep your sarcasm, unload all your opinions.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• seahawkfreak wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:Must add, I will not ever be anything other than me here, and by no means will I act like a stupid arrogant fan of an opposing team. I've known many of you for years. I will keep my sarcasm.

my facts.

Hmmm, so rational during the off season. Good for you.

Please don't keep your sarcasm, unload all your opinions.

my sarcasm keeps being killed here.

STOP killing me and I will.

eta: don't care. I am personally the only Hawk fan in LA. No one believes me. And as far as I can tell, neither do my hawk friends
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• f can talk your team.

eta: I had this window open on my phone. That was the end of a text.
    Last edited by RedAlice on Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• You drunk, lady? :mrgreen:
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• No, just doing too many things at the same time.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• Would you guys predicting an ego-driven Rams failure actually bet money on, say, a different team winning the division? It's cute to predict the Rams demise just to poke at rival fans, but would you actually take a personal stake in their performance? I think they could fall apart, but no way am I betting on it.
    BirdsCommaAngry
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:00 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information