Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Ndamukong Suh A Ram (Sefarian-Jenkins signs with Jags)

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Blitzer88 wrote:
    jammerhawk wrote:TE - Sefferian-Jenkins to sign with Jax 2 years $10 mil.

That isn't very much..........the FO is being really stingy with the funds.

Agreed. I get that the office isn't rolling in cash and that we wait for the day two and three FA's to sign, but it seems like the team is just refusing to pull the trigger. Maybe they were hoping he'd take a $6-$8 Mil. and be able to play back home.
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran

• Schneids working that magic again
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

• How much money do the Jags have. I get its a cheap deal but damn they also got Norwell. The talent disparity between us and them is staggering, what happened? At least we have a much better QB
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• Uncle Si wrote:
    Blitzer88 wrote:
    jammerhawk wrote:TE - Sefferian-Jenkins to sign with Jax 2 years $10 mil.

That isn't very much..........the FO is being really stingy with the funds.

Maybe they don't like the player that much?

He is a higher risk player. Sober or not.... he is a 6 pack away from suspension. Not great odds in the real world.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• starting to seriously think Schneids having us over for refusing the GB position :?
    “Well, they’re going to have to stop all of us. You feel me. I’m a piece to it, but we’ve got some dogs.”
    Str8OuttaSkittles
    NET Starter

• The Vikings aren’t giving Sheldon 15 mill. After signing cousins they aren’t splurging on an already solid defense. He’s goin for a visit to gain leverage
    Kinger95
    NET Practice Squad

• adeltaY wrote:How much money do the Jags have. I get its a cheap deal but damn they also got Norwell. The talent disparity between us and them is staggering, what happened? At least we have a much better QB

Fans of other teams were saying the same thing about Seattle in 2011–2015.

Jags are going all-in now. They'll be cap-strapped in a couple years just like we are now. But they know this is their window to win, so they are going for it.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

• HawkFan72 wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:How much money do the Jags have. I get its a cheap deal but damn they also got Norwell. The talent disparity between us and them is staggering, what happened? At least we have a much better QB

Fans of other teams were saying the same thing about Seattle in 2011–2015.

Jags are going all-in now. They'll be cap-strapped in a couple years just like we are now. But they know this is their window to win, so they are going for it.

Should've ditched Bortles and gone for Cousins then. :stirthepot:
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran

• Str8OuttaSkittles wrote:starting to seriously think Schneids having us over for refusing the GB position :?

That makes zero sense. Why would he risk his resume and work over his ego?

The FO has a strict plan and they don't deviate it from it. It's allowed us to be as successful as we have been and brought us a championship. It's a formula that works.

Teams like Pittsburgh, New England have not signed anyone significant and I'm sure they'll be fine when the season rolls around.

If Suh wants insane money, let some other team pay for it. I rather draft our guys and build.
    ApnaHawk
    NET Rookie

• ApnaHawk wrote:
    Str8OuttaSkittles wrote:starting to seriously think Schneids having us over for refusing the GB position :?

The FO has a strict plan and they don't deviate it from it. It's allowed us to be as successful as we have been and brought us a championship. It's a formula that works.

Teams like Pittsburgh, New England have not signed anyone significant and I'm sure they'll be fine when the season rolls around.

If Suh wants insane money, let some other team pay for it. I rather draft our guys and build.

Pretty sure skittles is joking. Pitt and NE have offensive systems that produce elite results year in and year out. We do not, that's the difference.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• We're gonna be a dumpster fire this season.
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

• ApnaHawk wrote:
    Str8OuttaSkittles wrote:starting to seriously think Schneids having us over for refusing the GB position :?

I absolutely do NOT believe that. We would 100% not be in this situation if that were the case.
    John may have a plan, but Pete is more a ....ready.....fire.....aim kinda guy.

NE signs big $$ FA's quite often also.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• King Dog wrote:Schneids working that magic again

yes the magic to not overpay for a mediocre player. Look at the current TE list and tell me ASJ is worth more than 5M a year?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/tight-end/

He's not to me, and we can try and grab one of the other TE's for cheaper, and probably not miss production. Bennett, Watson, Ebron, Celek, Thomas, etc.........all still out there, and all could be a bridge TE for a couple years as ASJ would be until we hopefully draft a good one.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• ApnaHawk wrote:

im joking on the schneid doing us over.. but come on NE or pitt aint gutted their team the way we have
    “Well, they’re going to have to stop all of us. You feel me. I’m a piece to it, but we’ve got some dogs.”
    Str8OuttaSkittles
    NET Starter

• Celek, ebron and Thomas were all cut so they don’t hurt our comp picks but jenkins would have no?
    Kinger95
    NET Practice Squad

• adeltaY wrote:
    ApnaHawk wrote:

Pretty sure skittles is joking. Pitt and NE have offensive systems that produce elite results year in and year out. We do not, that's the difference.

What are you saying dude... Our AVG wins per season is 10+ over the last 6 years. Pls find me other teams that can match that record besides the 2 mentioned.

Besides Pittsburgh hasn't even made the AFC championship game since 2010, that's almost a decade ago.

So yeah I believe in OUR system cause it has proven over time with the SAME exact leadership that it is successful.
    ApnaHawk
    NET Rookie

• Str8OuttaSkittles wrote:
    ApnaHawk wrote:

im joking on the schneid doing us over.. but come on NE or pitt aint gutted their team the way we have

Well Pittsburgh went from a defensive juggernaut that beat us and Arizona to an offensive powerhouse. So they too have been through significant change.

Honestly, we have just let go of 2 star players. One coming from an injury and another that we won't pay a 3rd contract too. We have not gutted anything yet.
    ApnaHawk
    NET Rookie

• King Dog wrote:We're gonna be a dumpster fire this season.

Yep Hawks cashing in this year. Can't even pay 5 mil a year for a good TE. RW will be exposed even more so this year.
    RCATES
    NET Starter

• ApnaHawk wrote:
    Str8OuttaSkittles wrote:
    ApnaHawk wrote:

Well Pittsburgh went from a defensive juggernaut that beat us and Arizona to an offensive powerhouse. So they too have been through significant change.
    Honestly, we have just let go of 2 star players. One coming from an injury and another that we won't pay a 3rd contract too. We have not gutted anything yet.

Beware to the fans who think we should just be an offensive team with a $40 million QB with no D..
    Just saying..
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    King Dog wrote:Schneids working that magic again

yes the magic to not overpay for a mediocre player. Look at the current TE list and tell me ASJ is worth more than 5M a year?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/tight-end/

He's not to me, and we can try and grab one of the other TE's for cheaper, and probably not miss production. Bennett, Watson, Ebron, Celek, Thomas, etc.........all still out there, and all could be a bridge TE for a couple years as ASJ would be until we hopefully draft a good one.

Watson? Isn't he about 37 by now? He should be even older than Celek if it2the same Watson I'm thinking of.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• Kinger95 wrote:Celek, ebron and Thomas were all cut so they don’t hurt our comp picks but jenkins would have no?

Hadn't considered the comp pick. Is this true?
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• ApnaHawk wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:
    ApnaHawk wrote:

What are you saying dude... Our AVG wins per season is 10+ over the last 6 years. Pls find me other teams that can match that record besides the 2 mentioned.

Besides Pittsburgh hasn't even made the AFC championship game since 2010, that's almost a decade ago.

So yeah I believe in OUR system cause it has proven over time with the SAME exact leadership that it is successful.

That's a bit disingenuous. The team is nothing like the ones that got 11, 13, and 12 wins. Actually, it's not even close to the team that went 9-7 last year. We have/will have lost Sherman, Kam, Avril, Earl (maybe), Mike B, Graham, P. Rich, and going further back Lynch, Okung, Unger, Tate, Miller, and other important contributors when we were legit contenders.

The defense is gutted and now we have to make the transformation to an offensive team like Pitt and NE did years ago. The difference is, there is no evidence that this team can be a consistent offensive-driven power. Our OL is shit until proven otherwise, Doug is our only proven receiver, we have no TEs, and our RBs are also injured/unproven and our new OC doesn't seem to be very creative in a Pederson/Reid/McVay/Shanahan/McDaniels/Payton mold.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• RCATES wrote:
    King Dog wrote:We're gonna be a dumpster fire this season.

Yep Hawks cashing in this year. Can't even pay 5 mil a year for a good TE. RW will be exposed even more so this year.

RW will be exposed even more? Are you saying his 34 TD, 4500+ yard campaign surrounded with dog**** around him was him being exposed?

This RW hate is so bizarre to me lol. You guys love the LOB too much.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• Steve2222 wrote:
    RCATES wrote:
    King Dog wrote:We're gonna be a dumpster fire this season.

RW will be exposed even more? Are you saying his 34 TD, 4500+ yard campaign surrounded with dog**** around him was him being exposed?

This RW hate is so bizarre to me lol. You guys love the LOB too much.

in the talk for the mvp for much of the year and he's exposed gotta love some of the fans
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

• Ok, it makes sense to bring Willson back then. He won't count against a comp pick, he's now headed to Jax where ASJ just signed, and now Ebron is headed to CAR, which is the only other place Willson has visited.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• Julius Thomas hasn't made a peep yet, as far as I know.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• no hate on russ from me at all. those 34 td where awesome, take out jimmy's 10 richardson's 6 thats half the TD'S gone. look how long it took jimmy to function. im holding out it was coaching and shottenheimer can make a treetrunk a TD machine
    Str8OuttaSkittles
    NET Starter

• Str8OuttaSkittles wrote:no hate on russ from me at all. those 34 td where awesome, take out jimmy's 10 richardson's 6 thats half the TD'S gone. look how long it took jimmy to function. im holding out it was coaching and shottenheimer can make a treetrunk a TD machine

Just curious! Wasn't Wilson involved with ALL of Jimmy's and Richardson's touchdowns? So They get all the credit but Russ gets none. We WILL score with others.... :34853_doh:
    lacenterhawk
    NET Starter

• lacenterhawk wrote:
    Str8OuttaSkittles wrote:no hate on russ from me at all. those 34 td where awesome, take out jimmy's 10 richardson's 6 thats half the TD'S gone. look how long it took jimmy to function. im holding out it was coaching and shottenheimer can make a treetrunk a TD machine

Just curious! Wasn't Wilson involved with ALL of Jimmy's and Richardson's touchdowns? So They get all the credit but Russ gets none. We WILL score with others.... :34853_doh:

i hope so :sarcasm_on:
    Str8OuttaSkittles
    NET Starter

• lacenterhawk wrote:
    Str8OuttaSkittles wrote:no hate on russ from me at all. those 34 td where awesome, take out jimmy's 10 richardson's 6 thats half the TD'S gone. look how long it took jimmy to function. im holding out it was coaching and shottenheimer can make a treetrunk a TD machine

You should go watch Jimmy's box-out touchdowns again. There's hardly anyone in the entire league that can do automatic sixes like that. Certainly nobody on this roster.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    lacenterhawk wrote:

You should go watch Jimmy's box-out touchdowns again. There's hardly anyone in the entire league that can do automatic sixes like that. Certainly nobody on this roster.

Lebron James
    Dwight Howard
    poly1274
    NET Rookie

• adeltaY wrote:
    ApnaHawk wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:
    ApnaHawk wrote:

That's a bit disingenuous. The team is nothing like the ones that got 11, 13, and 12 wins. Actually, it's not even close to the team that went 9-7 last year. We have/will have lost Sherman, Kam, Avril, Earl (maybe), Mike B, Graham, P. Rich, and going further back Lynch, Okung, Unger, Tate, Miller, and other important contributors when we were legit contenders.

The defense is gutted and now we have to make the transformation to an offensive team like Pitt and NE did years ago. The difference is, there is no evidence that this team can be a consistent offensive-driven power. Our OL is shit until proven otherwise, Doug is our only proven receiver, we have no TEs, and our RBs are also injured/unproven and our new OC doesn't seem to be very creative in a Pederson/Reid/McVay/Shanahan/McDaniels/Payton mold.

Out of the 12 players you meniotned 7 were offense. 3 are still officially with the team and if the other 2 leave that wouldn't be because we cut them or let them go and 1 unless some team hands over the farm, will be our starter in 2018.

DVOA ranked our offense from 2012-2015 "consistently" in the top 10. Our O-Line was garbage for most of he year but improved by end of the year. I wonder if our kicker just makes 2 more fields goals, which puts at 11-5 instead of 9-7, what would some of y'all think.

Also the defense thay finished the season will return 7 starters. Clark, Reed, Wagner, wright, Griffen, earl, mcodugal, so how is that gutted?
    ApnaHawk
    NET Rookie

• Clark was not a starter, nor was McDougald, they replaced a injured Kam and Avril so that's 5 starters.

Yes both are going to be most likely, Clark was a rotational guy and where McDougald was a starter in Tampa that was not his initial roll here, it was insurance for Kam and Earl.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• The only All pro guy we know for sure is back on D is Wagz. Add Earl and KJ and that's three blue chip defensive players. The 2017 team started with seven. It's not about whether we should keep or have kept those guys or not. It's that they are gone or soon to be and we are relying largely on unknowns. Clark and Griffen haven't proven to be all pro guys and they are our brightest stars.

The last time we were ranked highly in offensive DVOA was 2015. That was two years ago, the league has adapted to our offense and we have failed to adjust on top of having a terrible OL and losing some important receiving targets. Again, we could just as easily have lost the Texans, Niners, and LA games as we could have won the Skins and Cards games. 9-7 is just about right.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    lacenterhawk wrote:

As for Jimmy, I say by Felicia!! Yeah he scored 10 TD's last year big deal. He scored most of his TD's against weak D's, besides 1 against Philly. He only gave us a whopping 56 catches for 520 yrds, plus never had an 80+ yrd game, and nearly lead the league in dropped passes, couldn't block his way out of a wet paper bag, and where the hell was he the the last 4 games of the year when we needed him most to make the playoffs??? Last 4 games he put up 4 catches for 45 yrs, 1 TD. Yeah should have a lot of trouble finding someone to match those numbers? Imo if Willson was our starter last season he could have easily matched Graham's numbers, at a helluva lot cheaper cap hit.
    12forlife
    NET Practice Squad

• 12forlife wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    lacenterhawk wrote:

As for Jimmy, I say by Felicia!! Yeah he scored 10 TD's last year big deal. He scored most of his TD's against weak D's, besides 1 against Philly. He only gave us a whopping 56 catches for 520 yrds, plus never had an 80+ yrd game, and nearly lead the league in dropped passes, couldn't block his way out of a wet paper bag, and where the hell was he the the last 4 games of the year when we needed him most to make the playoffs??? Last 4 games he put up 4 catches for 45 yrs, 1 TD. Yeah should have a lot of trouble finding someone to match those numbers? Imo if Willson was our starter last season he could have easily matched Graham's numbers, at a helluva lot cheaper cap hit.

I loved Jimmy Graham but it appeared that he checked out. They would sometimes show plays that didn't go to him that he didn't even seem to make an effort to get anyone to buy into the pattern he was running. I still think he is a great tool and have a pretty good idea that he will have a great year in GB because they will utilize him correctly! I don't think it would have mattered how much money they offered here, he was moving on!
    peppersjap
    NET Veteran

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    lacenterhawk wrote:

And I am sure you know,,,,,,he can't block..............and drops passes. He is a good player but he has no consistency and if he can not block here, he is useless.

I would rather put a tackle in at his position.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• 12forlife wrote:As for Jimmy, I say by Felicia!! Yeah he scored 10 TD's last year big deal.

Was that seriously just posted on this message board? Come on.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Re: suh dude!!
Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:37 pm
  • Seymour wrote:If they sign Suh at age 31 after dumping Bennett at 32, that would pretty much squash the "getting younger" excuse for Bennett.

How about just getting better. Bennett is highly over rated, Suh....is a flat out badass.
    jeremiah
    NET Rookie

Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:40 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    WindCityHawk wrote:Lol, you're all tired of Bennett's "distractions" but you want Suh? I don't want to hear about your "football reasons" ever again. That's some blatant bs.

When was Bennett a distraction on the field?

His chirping on Twitter and distractions were all off the field, not the same as Suh. Suh's distractions are about his dirty play on the field...............which I'm not saying those are not distractions, they certainly are.

But IMO it's not a fair comparison.

Really?

Bennett wasn't the most disciplined player on the field.

Bennett punching opposing players during victory formations, is what comes to mind with MB. IMO he is a punk, and has always been one.
    jeremiah
    NET Rookie

Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:56 pm
  • jeremiah wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    WindCityHawk wrote:Lol, you're all tired of Bennett's "distractions" but you want Suh? I don't want to hear about your "football reasons" ever again. That's some blatant bs.

His chirping on Twitter and distractions were all off the field, not the same as Suh. Suh's distractions are about his dirty play on the field...............which I'm not saying those are not distractions, they certainly are.

Really?

Bennett punching opposing players during victory formations, is what comes to mind with MB. IMO he is a punk, and has always been one.

You mean swipe at the ball the way the coaches taught him how to do it?

These convenient opinions are pitiful. Literally most of the NFL sees Suh for what he has been, a guy who has repeatedly done FARRR worse than Bennett on the field. And really, all these brand new opinions of Bennett only started in 2017
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:14 pm
  • Scorpion05 wrote:
    jeremiah wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

Really?

You mean swipe at the ball the way the coaches taught him how to do it?

These convenient opinions are pitiful. Literally most of the NFL sees Suh for what he has been, a guy who has repeatedly done FARRR worse than Bennett on the field. And really, all these brand new opinions of Bennett only started in 2017

Bennett wasn't even fined by the league. Fines are automatic unless the league believes the penalty was unjustified.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• My girlfriend got me all excited. She came home and says she heard the Seahawks signed some guy whose name she can't pronounce, so naturally I thought it was Suh.

Turns out she was talking about Barkevious Mingo. Only three days behind with that info.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• Bennett and Richardson have a combined cap hit of about $15M and the Seahawks let them walk.

Hope they have a plan.
    massari
    NET Veteran

• Hawks got all our eggs in the Suh basket I think. If we lose out on him then Earl might be history
    Kinger95
    NET Practice Squad

• Kinger95 wrote:Hawks got all our eggs in the Suh basket I think. If we lose out on him then Earl might be history

Quinton Dial visited today. He might be Plan B at 3T.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2018 wrote:

I have a strong feeling we are out of the Suh option. Hope I'm wrong.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:12 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information