Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Ndamukong Suh A Ram (Sefarian-Jenkins signs with Jags)

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • kf3339 wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:



    I have a strong feeling we are out of the Suh option. Hope I'm wrong.

    We've been out of the anyone who is good option for the entirety of FA
    User avatar
    King Dog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1688
    Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:13 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


  • I think Pete is saving his $$ to pay Wilson and Wagner next year.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5848
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • Suh is the only free agent I really want. This guy would be peanut butter and jelly with Pete.

    Plays hard physical fast and with a nasty streak but most importantly hes not a locker room cancer
    User avatar
    IrishNW
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1025
    Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:55 pm


  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    12forlife wrote:As for Jimmy, I say by Felicia!! Yeah he scored 10 TD's last year big deal.


    Was that seriously just posted on this message board? Come on.



    Why do you choose to cut out the rest of my post, that has "facts" behind his underwhelming performance. Yes 10 TD's isn't nothing, but most were scored against weak competition, to many drops, and when we needed him for a playoff push he literally disappears. So when you want to cut and paste some ones post please try to be open minded, get off JG's lap and comprehend the whole post, and not just what you want to.
    12forlife
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 95
    Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:05 pm



  • Titans just released a DL, supposed to get Suh in for a meeting. Bad news boys
    Kinger95
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 60
    Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:52 am


  • 12forlife wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    12forlife wrote:As for Jimmy, I say by Felicia!! Yeah he scored 10 TD's last year big deal.


    Was that seriously just posted on this message board? Come on.



    Why do you choose to cut out the rest of my post, that has "facts" behind his underwhelming performance. Yes 10 TD's isn't nothing, but most were scored against weak competition, to many drops, and when we needed him for a playoff push he literally disappears. So when you want to cut and paste some ones post please try to be open minded, get off JG's lap and comprehend the whole post, and not just what you want to.


    Who cares if they were against "weak defenses" a TD is a TD. Did Lynch's 4 TD game against the Giants in 2014 mean less because they were a weak D? Did Russ throwing 5 TDs against the Steelers in 2015 not impress because their pass D sucked?

    Also he had a TD against the Rams and two against the Cards. Not weak defenses. I agree with the rest of your points about the drops and awful ypc and performance between the 20s, but those TDs were valuable.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3281
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


  • Kinger95 wrote:Titans just released a DL, supposed to get Suh in for a meeting. Bad news boys


    So did the Seahawks...
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13918
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Kinger95 wrote:Titans just released a DL, supposed to get Suh in for a meeting. Bad news boys


    So did the Seahawks...

    they did?
    A-Dog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1040
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:11 pm


  • A-Dog wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Kinger95 wrote:Titans just released a DL, supposed to get Suh in for a meeting. Bad news boys


    So did the Seahawks...

    they did?



    Didnt they move Bennett? lose Richardson?

    are the Seahawks not in the market for a DL and have they not entertained Suh?

    curious as to why the Titans doing it is bad news?
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13918
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • 12forlife wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    12forlife wrote:As for Jimmy, I say by Felicia!! Yeah he scored 10 TD's last year big deal.


    Was that seriously just posted on this message board? Come on.



    Why do you choose to cut out the rest of my post, that has "facts" behind his underwhelming performance. Yes 10 TD's isn't nothing, but most were scored against weak competition, to many drops, and when we needed him for a playoff push he literally disappears. So when you want to cut and paste some ones post please try to be open minded, get off JG's lap and comprehend the whole post, and not just what you want to.


    "Get off JG's lap"? Now who's dragging down the discussions?

    I cut that part for two reasons. 1) Because you led off with it, so it's the first thing I noticed; 2) because everything else you said has already been said by everyone else, so I didn't feel that it needed reinforcement; 3) because touchdowns are more important than anything else you mentioned.

    Or, more accurately, touchdowns are the fulfillment of everything else you mentioned. Receptions between the 20's exist for the purpose of eventually scoring touchdowns. Run blocking exists for the purpose of eventually scoring touchdowns. If you have someone who can run block great, catch everything within the 20s, but can't get into the end zone, you're going to remember pretty quickly that those other things don't award points by themselves.

    And, indeed, that accurately describes Seattle's passing offense from 2010-2016. Everyone wanted a bigger red-zone target, even with Lynch around. Graham promised that, but didn't provide it at first because Seattle's offense was still run-first and didn't become more evocative of spread offense until halfway through 2015. Graham prospered in Game 2 of that new offense (Steelers game), providing a big juggling deep catch and two jailbreak receptions on third-and-10+, then...got injured.

    In 2016, he was doing a lot better between the numbers and dropped very little - in fact, he had some absolutely incredible highlight catches. But he didn't get into the end zone as much. The exact opposite of everyone's complaints in 2017, and something they have completely (or conveniently) forgotten.

    So Graham never became a complete player and put it all together in Seattle. But guess what? Neither did Golden Tate, or Red Bryant, or Chris Clemons, or Bruce Irvin, or Kam Chancellor, or KJ Wright, or Russell Okung, or our better offensive linemen, or Jermaine Kearse, or even arguably Russell Wilson. They weren't paid to be complete players. That's never been Pete's modus operandi. They were paid to do a few things very well, things that were crucial to winning. And we felt their absence when they were gone.

    So you can complain about the price disparity all you l ike, but in 2018, if we go back to ending all our drives in field goals and the Seattle media is once again bemoaning "red-zone struggles", then, well, you never appreciate what you've got until it's gone. I personally never had a problem paying big dollars for the most important offensive stat you could have (touchdowns).

    Do I think other players will make up for it? Maybe. But it's not like Baldwin/Lockett/Richardson weren't scoring TD's themselves (and now one of them is gone). Graham ON TOP OF THEIR NUMBERS is what got Wilson his epic season. He was a matchup cheat code in the end zone with his effortless box-out scores. That's precisely why we WANTED a big red-zone target in the first place, for heaven's sake. I like Jaron Brown, Ed Dickson, and even Terrelle Pryor if he signs. They might make some noise. It gives us a hedge against Amara Darboh face-planting and against the draft not cooperating at those positions.

    But one thing's for sure: for everyone else on this roster, we'll need massive scheming brilliance from Brian Schottenheimer to get them the ball. That's not something that Graham ever needed. That he didn't get used that way is the fault of a departed OC, not him. I wanted to see him used right, buttressed by a better-coached OL. That Graham really could have been worth $10m.
    Last edited by MontanaHawk05 on Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 16151
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


  • Uncle Si wrote:
    A-Dog wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Kinger95 wrote:Titans just released a DL, supposed to get Suh in for a meeting. Bad news boys


    So did the Seahawks...

    they did?



    Didnt they move Bennett? lose Richardson?

    are the Seahawks not in the market for a DL and have they not entertained Suh?

    curious as to why the Titans doing it is bad news?


    Except we didn’t release either.... and because most of us are hoping to sign Suh to a reasonable contract and not have to complete with the titans for his services. Thought it was pretty obvious
    Kinger95
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 60
    Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:52 am


  • Uncle Si wrote:
    A-Dog wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Kinger95 wrote:Titans just released a DL, supposed to get Suh in for a meeting. Bad news boys


    So did the Seahawks...

    they did?



    Didnt they move Bennett? lose Richardson?

    are the Seahawks not in the market for a DL and have they not entertained Suh?

    curious as to why the Titans doing it is bad news?


    You said "released."

    Which means you weren't talking about Bennett or Richardson.

    I was assuming something happened with Avril, so I immediately checked the usual places and saw nothing.

    So I came back and asked.

    Turns out you had just made a misleading post.
    A-Dog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1040
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:11 pm


  • Seems like they made a weak play at Richardson if he signed for 8M base on a 1 year. They may be stalling and told Suh to look around and give them time (to trade Earl, or see if Avril gets cut) so they can make a solid offer. Who knows, but I wouldn't count him out. It's good news he's moved on from that Aint's dinner to the next stop IMO.

    Suh also made the comment that he would take his time to decide (which would play into the Pete talks to stall this a bit).
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5848
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • A-Dog wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    A-Dog wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    So did the Seahawks...

    they did?



    Didnt they move Bennett? lose Richardson?

    are the Seahawks not in the market for a DL and have they not entertained Suh?

    curious as to why the Titans doing it is bad news?


    You said "released."

    Which means you weren't talking about Bennett or Richardson.

    I was assuming something happened with Avril, so I immediately checked the usual places and saw nothing.

    So I came back and asked.

    Turns out you had just made a misleading post.


    I inferred the situation in Tennessee is the same as Seattle. You said released and inferred the rest.


    Either way. Not sure why Tennessee is a bad sign for Seattle. Elaborate?
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13918
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    12forlife wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    12forlife wrote:As for Jimmy, I say by Felicia!! Yeah he scored 10 TD's last year big deal.


    Was that seriously just posted on this message board? Come on.



    Why do you choose to cut out the rest of my post, that has "facts" behind his underwhelming performance. Yes 10 TD's isn't nothing, but most were scored against weak competition, to many drops, and when we needed him for a playoff push he literally disappears. So when you want to cut and paste some ones post please try to be open minded, get off JG's lap and comprehend the whole post, and not just what you want to.


    "Get off JG's lap"? Now who's dragging down the discussions?

    I cut that part for two reasons. 1) Because you led off with it, so it's the first thing I noticed; 2) because everything else you said has already been said by everyone else, so I didn't feel that it needed reinforcement; 3) because touchdowns are more important than anything else you mentioned.

    Or, more accurately, touchdowns are the fulfillment of everything else you mentioned. Receptions between the 20's exist for the purpose of eventually scoring touchdowns. Run blocking exists for the purpose of eventually scoring touchdowns. If you have someone who can run block great, catch everything within the 20s, but can't get into the end zone, you're going to remember pretty quickly that those other things don't award points by themselves.

    And, indeed, that accurately describes Seattle's passing offense from 2010-2016. Everyone wanted a bigger red-zone target, even with Lynch around. Graham promised that, but didn't provide it at first because Seattle's offense was still run-first and didn't become more evocative of spread offense until halfway through 2015. Graham prospered in Game 2 of that new offense (Steelers game), providing a big juggling deep catch and two jailbreak receptions on third-and-10+, then...got injured.

    In 2016, he was doing a lot better between the numbers and dropped very little - in fact, he had some absolutely incredible highlight catches. But he didn't get into the end zone as much. The exact opposite of everyone's complaints in 2017, and something they have completely (or conveniently) forgotten.

    So Graham never became a complete player and put it all together in Seattle. But guess what? Neither did Golden Tate, or Red Bryant, or Chris Clemons, or Bruce Irvin, or Kam Chancellor, or KJ Wright, or Russell Okung, or our better offensive linemen, or Jermaine Kearse, or even arguably Russell Wilson. They weren't paid to be complete players. That's never been Pete's modus operandi. They were paid to do a few things very well, things that were crucial to winning. And we felt their absence when they were gone.

    So you can complain about the price disparity all you l ike, but in 2018, if we go back to ending all our drives in field goals and the Seattle media is once again bemoaning "red-zone struggles", then, well, you never appreciate what you've got until it's gone. I personally never had a problem paying big dollars for the most important offensive stat you could have (touchdowns).

    Do I think other players will make up for it? Maybe. But it's not like Baldwin/Lockett/Richardson weren't scoring TD's themselves (and now one of them is gone). Graham ON TOP OF THEIR NUMBERS is what got Wilson his epic season. He was a matchup cheat code in the end zone with his effortless box-out scores. That's precisely why we WANTED a big red-zone target in the first place, for heaven's sake. I like Jaron Brown, Ed Dickson, and even Terrelle Pryor if he signs. They might make some noise. It gives us a hedge against Amara Darboh face-planting and against the draft not cooperating at those positions.

    But one thing's for sure: for everyone else on this roster, we'll need massive scheming brilliance from Brian Schottenheimer to get them the ball. That's not something that Graham ever needed. That he didn't get used that way is the fault of a departed OC, not him. I wanted to see him used right, buttressed by a better-coached OL. That Graham really could have been worth $10m.



    There is no need for us to keep bickering about this, because like you stated we will find another way to get those 10 TD's. Most importantly I think we agree with Cable & Bevell gone, we can again have at least a competent offense, and one that will be able to score more then 2 rushing TD's, good lord that was awful to watch, plus not having little of no offensive scheme the 1st half of games, and watching Wilson play sandlot football the 2nd half to try to scratch out a win. Sorry for the JG lap comment. I just get sick of all the loyalty some people have on here for certain players, when players don't have any in return for the team or fans.
    12forlife
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 95
    Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:05 pm


  • Uncle Si wrote:I inferred the situation in Tennessee is the same as Seattle. You said released and inferred the rest.


    Either way. Not sure why Tennessee is a bad sign for Seattle. Elaborate?


    You conveniently deleted it from your quote, but I will summarize:

    Kinger95 said: "Titans JUST RELEASED A DL"

    You said: "So did the Seahawks..."

    Why it matters: The Titans have Suh in town, and just made a move to open up cap space. Therefore that is a sign that they might be poised to to sign him.

    The Seahawks did not JUST make a move - The Bennett and Sherman moves happened previously, and they have not opened up any cap space recently. If they had JUST RELEASED Avril, that would be a sign that they were preparing to make a subsequent move that required opening up cap space but they didn't. They also don't have Suh in town, and apparently he didn't meet with the Seahawks when he was here, other than over the phone.
    A-Dog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1040
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:11 pm


  • A-Dog wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:I inferred the situation in Tennessee is the same as Seattle. You said released and inferred the rest.


    Either way. Not sure why Tennessee is a bad sign for Seattle. Elaborate?


    You conveniently deleted it from your quote, but I will summarize:

    Kinger95 said: "Titans JUST RELEASED A DL"

    You said: "So did the Seahawks..."

    Why it matters: The Titans have Suh in town, and just made a move to open up cap space. Therefore that is a sign that they might be poised to to sign him.

    The Seahawks did not JUST make a move - The Bennett and Sherman moves happened previously, and they have not opened up any cap space recently. If they had JUST RELEASED Avril, that would be a sign that they were preparing to make a subsequent move that required opening up cap space but they didn't. They also don't have Suh in town, and apparently he didn't meet with the Seahawks when he was here, other than over the phone.



    Nothing is deleted... its all up there. Your summary is half of what you posted. Hypocritically convenient? Who cares I guess.

    So nothing about Tennessee's position is more favorable to Seattle's, which was the crux of the point. Or is it, which is what I asked. But you're hung up on semantics...

    This place sometimes.. it's like pulling teeth to get someone to elaborate on "uh oh boys"

    Or is it just easier to wallow in dread?
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13918
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • Interesting back and forth on some of the above posts. For me all I will say is our DL looks worse as it stands right now. There is only one option left to help today..........and that is Suh. If we lose out on him it will be a long season on defense for us. He is the only guy who other teams will have to heavily scheme around, which gives us the potential advantage.

    Not saying it can't improve over time, but that won't happen this next season. Not at all.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2687
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:52 pm


  • I hope the Hawks can sign him.

    Even for a year, just to keep the team competitive on the line
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13918
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • If he does decide to sign here (considered his adopted him) I think it would be because he’s looking for stability as far as living/settling down and not have to always worry about being a cap casualty. He might give up some top end cash if he can get something with more term and guaranteed money. If he’s out for money then maybe he does do a 1 year deal with the highest bidder then hit FA next offseason when teams can prepare and set up space and a clear a spot for him
    Kinger95
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 60
    Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:52 am


  • Great points Si and Kinger.
    User avatar
    daveyoung52
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 185
    Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:15 am
    Location: u.k.


  • Kinger95 wrote:If he does decide to sign here (considered his adopted him) I think it would be because he’s looking for stability as far as living/settling down and not have to always worry about being a cap casualty. He might give up some top end cash if he can get something with more term and guaranteed money. If he’s out for money then maybe he does do a 1 year deal with the highest bidder then hit FA next offseason when teams can prepare and set up space and a clear a spot for him


    I don't get where you are coming from. Seattle just got rid of (formerly) great aging players and is also trying to shop Earl partly due to his age. It seems to me like we are sending the exact opposite message: No matter who you are and no matter how good you are we won't pay for you when you get old.
    They might have done that in the past (e.g., Bennett and Kams contracts) but seem to have changed their stance on this.
    "It's payback, Russell Wilson falling way back, in the draft, turn nothing into something"
    "Pretty soon DirectTV is going to be using our o-line as an example of what can happen when you cut Cable."
    rossob
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 171
    Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:22 pm


  • Can't find any news on Hawks making an offer to Suh, and he is touring now to find a new home. Either Pete wasn't keen on Suh or our offer was too low. Either way, ain't happening.

    It seems like Pete is confident with our in house DL youngsters going forward, that could be good thing. I think Pete wants to create cap space and picks for 2019, then play in house youngsters in 2018 for evaluation. If we can go 8-8 this season, we could be real good in 2020.

    A three years re-tool plan.

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1336
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:44 pm


  • toffee wrote:Can't find any news on Hawks making an offer to Suh, and he is touring now to find a new home. Either Pete wasn't keen on Suh or our offer was too low. Either way, ain't happening.

    It seems like Pete is confident with our in house DL youngsters going forward, that could be good thing. I think Pete wants to create cap space and picks for 2019, then play in house youngsters in 2018 for evaluation. If we can go 8-8 this season, we could be real good in 2020.

    A three years re-tool plan.

    I think it could still happen, even though I am doubtful we are going to have the best offer of all other teams that are interested. It seems to me like Suh is visiting every team that is interested in him and makes a decision after that. Maybe he doesn't just want the money this time but the best all-around package or he just tries to drive the price up.
    "It's payback, Russell Wilson falling way back, in the draft, turn nothing into something"
    "Pretty soon DirectTV is going to be using our o-line as an example of what can happen when you cut Cable."
    rossob
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 171
    Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:22 pm


  • I understand that it does seem counterproductive to rid yourself of older players and distractions but in my mind the positives outweigh the negatives with Suh for a couple reasons

    -he was released so signing him doesn’t hurt this offseason comp picks we get for next draft
    -we lost Richardson and could use a replacement
    - he’s likely one of if not the best at his position in the league
    - if signed to a short contract it’s likely he would fetch us an additional 3rd/4th round pick
    Kinger95
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 60
    Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:52 am


  • Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 12762
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Seattle, WA


  • Blitzer88 wrote:


    Wasn't he already in for a visit?
    TransGenderHawkFan
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 358
    Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:05 am


  • TransGenderHawkFan wrote:
    Blitzer88 wrote:


    Wasn't he already in for a visit?



    He was still a Dolphin, they have stated he did have a phone call with someone possibly Pete and that was it.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25425
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • Sign the old bastard already.
    User avatar
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2388
    Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:52 am


  • chris98251 wrote:
    TransGenderHawkFan wrote:
    Blitzer88 wrote:


    Wasn't he already in for a visit?



    He was still a Dolphin, they have stated he did have a phone call with someone possibly Pete and that was it.



    He made it thru the weekend without signing with the Saints or Titans, so we still have a shot. Maybe 50/50 at this point. Makes me think that perhaps money will not be the only factor with him this time! :irishdrinkers:
    Last edited by kf3339 on Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2687
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:52 pm




  • Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 5173
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


  • KitsapGuy wrote:



    LOL.. visit the Rams.. OK if that's not a bargaining chip, I don't know what is.
    User avatar
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2388
    Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:52 am


  • The rams couldn't have interest in him long term, maybe a 1 yr all in year this season but they got Goff to pay in the next 2 years, Gurley Donald Peters I believe all come up next year those are going to be some hefty contracts but if he was interested in winning it all, a 1 year would have to be enticing but risky.
    Last edited by flmmkrz on Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1578
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:13 am


  • If the Rams get Suh.... Russ gonna die.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3281
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


  • There is such a thing as overkill. It isn't like the Rams didn't run roughshod over the NFCW with their DL without Suh. Why pour that many resources again into the DL when they just let Quinn go. Just my opinion but it looks like they are prepping to pay some team cornerstones with the releases they have just had. Not freeing up space for a top priced DT in an area that is already the teams strength.

    Was that their problem last year, interior pass rush?
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    User avatar
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5070
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:36 pm
    Location: Aiken , SC


  • adeltaY wrote:If the Rams get Suh.... Russ gonna die.


    Tyler Ott would have to be the center.
    www.hawk-talk.com

    Image

    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    User avatar
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 3171
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


  • FWIW regarding the Titans comments, they didn't release anyone to be able to sign Suh, they have a whole lot of cap space. Their DL guy that got released had nothing to do with Suh coming in.
    www.hawk-talk.com

    Image

    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    User avatar
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 3171
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


  • seahawkfreak wrote:There is such a thing as overkill. It isn't like the Rams didn't run roughshod over the NFCW with their DL without Suh. Why pour that many resources again into the DL when they just let Quinn go. Just my opinion but it looks like they are prepping to pay some team cornerstones with the releases they have just had. Not freeing up space for a top priced DT in an area that is already the teams strength.

    Was that their problem last year, interior pass rush?

    Driving up his price perhaps???
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24099
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


  • man its obvious we could get him for less than he would have taken a year ago. why pete make the call what was said? we need help on D after losing SR i cant believe they had no plans for SR leaving it was obvious he was gone. id bet if we had suh in for a visit he would join .. just heard avril had surgery doubt he plays again
    “Well, they’re going to have to stop all of us. You feel me. I’m a piece to it, but we’ve got some dogs.”
    User avatar
    Str8OuttaSkittles
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 437
    Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:13 am


  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:There is such a thing as overkill. It isn't like the Rams didn't run roughshod over the NFCW with their DL without Suh. Why pour that many resources again into the DL when they just let Quinn go. Just my opinion but it looks like they are prepping to pay some team cornerstones with the releases they have just had. Not freeing up space for a top priced DT in an area that is already the teams strength.

    Was that their problem last year, interior pass rush?

    Driving up his price perhaps???


    UHHHGG!. About 75% here loved SR on our team, another 25% liked him but didn't want to pay 12 to 15 million a year next year for him. Then he signs for a 1 year 8 million + on another team.

    I am on board paying Suh some serious top dollar prices but no more. We should not be a pejorative to the rest of the league against free agent signings. They want to pay Suh 20 million a year or whatever ridiculous price, fine, walk on fool.

    Sucks though, I'd take SR for 8 a year though.
    Last edited by original poster on Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: No F bombs in the main forums.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    User avatar
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5070
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:36 pm
    Location: Aiken , SC


  • Suh on the Rams? Ha ha. That's not even fair.
    User avatar
    King Dog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1688
    Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:13 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


  • The Suh roller coaster continue's. When he first was released a reporter that's close to Suh said he was going after the biggest "pay day" and that fitting the teams system meant nothing in the negotiations. Now the same reporter is claiming Suh hasn't talked money with any of the teams he's visited so far and he's mainly looking at the different teams and how he fits and the money will come later. Which is it? If its the first one Seattle has a zero chance at landing Suh. They have been lowballing and losing players left and right so far this offseason. No way they will be the highest bidder at a likely one year rental. This team has way too many other issues to address then to put that kind of cap towards Suh.
    RCATES
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 463
    Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:09 am


  • Shoot, let the Rams sign Suh. It will create cap hell for them. It might suck this year for us to play against them, but they need to extend Aaron Donald with a monster contract and you KNOW he will not accept less than whatever Suh gets. Nor should he. He has already sat out offseason workouts and things waiting on a new deal. You think he will be happy with the Rams giving a truckload of money to Suh while he has been faithfully playing and waiting on a new deal himself?

    They will have so much money tied up in the DT position in a year that other areas are going to start slipping for them.

    Make it happen, Rams.
    Image
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 16380
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


  • HawkFan72 wrote:Shoot, let the Rams sign Suh. It will create cap hell for them. It might suck this year for us to play against them, but they need to extend Aaron Donald with a monster contract and you KNOW he will not accept less than whatever Suh gets. Nor should he. He has already sat out offseason workouts and things waiting on a new deal. You think he will be happy with the Rams giving a truckload of money to Suh while he has been faithfully playing and waiting on a new deal himself?

    They will have so much money tied up in the DT position in a year that other areas are going to start slipping for them.

    Make it happen, Rams.


    The reason why I don't see this happening is because they still have to sign Donald to a huge contract. He held out last year. No way he's on the field this year without a major pay raise. I can't see a team having over 30 million tied up on two interior defenders on the D-Line.
    RCATES
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 463
    Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:09 am


  • I'm down to about 10% chance of him landing here. This is one move that could bring hope for 2018. On the other hand, it could well put us right back where we started if he was injured, so there is that too.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5848
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • RCATES wrote:
    HawkFan72 wrote:Shoot, let the Rams sign Suh. It will create cap hell for them. It might suck this year for us to play against them, but they need to extend Aaron Donald with a monster contract and you KNOW he will not accept less than whatever Suh gets. Nor should he. He has already sat out offseason workouts and things waiting on a new deal. You think he will be happy with the Rams giving a truckload of money to Suh while he has been faithfully playing and waiting on a new deal himself?

    They will have so much money tied up in the DT position in a year that other areas are going to start slipping for them.

    Make it happen, Rams.


    The reason why I don't see this happening is because they still have to sign Donald to a huge contract. He held out last year. No way he's on the field this year without a major pay raise. I can't see a team having over 30 million tied up on two interior defenders on the D-Line.


    It's exactly why I'm starting to genuinely want it to happen. It's going to cause more problems than it's worth for them.
    Image
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 16380
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


  • Sounds like negotiation technique with Donald if you ask me.
    www.hawk-talk.com

    Image

    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    User avatar
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 3171
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


  • Just the fact that Suh is still on his world tour desperately trying to hammer the biggest paycheck he can find with any team, regardless of whether the team's good or not tells me we're not going to land him.

    Someone's going to give him an extra 1-2M a year to sign with them over what we're willing to give him.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13829
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Just the fact that Suh is still on his world tour desperately trying to hammer the biggest paycheck he can find with any team, regardless of whether the team's good or not tells me we're not going to land him.

    Someone's going to give him an extra 1-2M a year to sign with them over what we're willing to give him.


    I think it will be much higher then that. Rumors had Seattle offering 11 to SR. After he took 9mil to go to Minnesota the truth came out that Seattle had only offered him 6.5mil. I'm thinking Suh will break the 12 mil a year mark. After only offering SR 6.5 I can't see them going anything over 8 - 8.5 for Suh.
    RCATES
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 463
    Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:09 am


PreviousNext


It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:35 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online