Paul Richardson Contract

original poster

Reaction score
What do you think he will get in the next day or so?

I genuinely had him at around $5-7M absolute tops, however when you look at what Sammy Watkins got ($16M) and the below, I think we may be off with expectations -

Cl6VhZb

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
original poster":14xn5p0y said:

I genuinely had him at around $5-7M absolute tops, however when you look at what Sammy Watkins got ($16M) and the below, I think we may be off with expectations -

Cl6VhZb
That’s nuts!

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
Crazy isn't it.

We will soon find out how much being drafted in the first round adds to players value when their second contract comes around.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
original poster":3cwdib52 said:
Crazy isn't it.

We will soon find out how much being drafted in the first round adds to players value when their second contract comes around.

Time will tell. I DON'T see any WR making more on this team than Doug though.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
original poster":yk9scekr said:

Cl6VhZb

Why is this the last two years and not the last three years?

Oh, yeah, because three years ago in 13 games Watkins had 1100 yards and 9 TDs, and Richardson had 40 yards and 0 TDs.

One might object that this is unfair comparison as Richardson missed most of the season three years ago, but if you want to make a two year comparison and completely pretend as if Watkins didn't miss half of the season two years ago, you're guilty of the same crime.

Sorry for being so persnickety about that tweet, but I just hate it when people use statistics like this.

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
Albert Wilson seems to be signing with the Dolphins at $8M per.

Really intrigued to see where Paul Richardson lands.

It MUST be more than Albert Wilson is getting surely.

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2vu4291i said:
original poster":2vu4291i said:

Cl6VhZb

Why is this the last two years and not the last three years?

Oh, yeah, because three years ago in 13 games Watkins had 1100 yards and 9 TDs, and Richardson had 40 yards and 0 TDs.

One might object that this is unfair comparison as Richardson missed most of the season three years ago, but if you want to make a two year comparison and completely pretend as if Watkins didn't miss half of the season two years ago, you're guilty of the same crime.

Sorry for being so persnickety about that tweet, but I just hate it when people use statistics like this.

And whats the average over 4 years?

941 yds and 7.4 tds.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I liked Paul but no way we can pay him $10 Mil APY. It that's his price tag he might just net us a 3rd rd comp pick next year.

Jimmy, Sheldon , and Paul could bring in a haul next year.

2_0_6

Reaction score
My brother is a die hard Skins fan, and rumors are circling that they want Paul Richardson and either Sheldon Richardson or Mo Wilkerson. Somewhere in the $10-12mil per year range is what is being rumored.

drrew

Reaction score
He's getting 4 years $40m with $20m guaranteed. Se la vie - I wouldn't give him that contract, but I'd also have loved for him to stay.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
5 years, 40 mil, 20 guaranteed. That's a lot for him. And I'm a big P Rich fan.
Should get us back a 4th round comp pick.

ivotuk

Reaction score
The Washington Redskins will add speed back to their receiving corps.

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported Tuesday the Redskins are expected to sign ex-Seattle Seahawks receiver Paul Richardson to a five-year, $40 million deal with $20 million in guarantees, according to sources familiar with the pact.

The Seahawks' loss is a big win for Washington, where Richardson will provide a deep target for Alex Smith

Say whaaaattt? A "deep target" for Alex Smith's noodle arm?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... richardson