Ngada to Eagles

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I dont understand how the Eagles are trading and signing for all these players..

Unless I am mistaken they are like 10 million OVER the cap right now which means they need to clean out like...15-20 million in cap space right?

A.D.I.D.A.S.

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":q7aifd9l said:
I dont understand how the Eagles are trading and signing for all these players..

Unless I am mistaken they are like 10 million OVER the cap right now which means they need to clean out like...15-20 million in cap space right?
They dumped Celek and Torrey Smith for 10 million and I think they had restructured lane Johnson for another 7.5 million. When Vinny Curry gets released that will be another 9.5 million. Some other moves popped up on twitter that I can't remember.

adeltaY

Reaction score
I had it in my mind that Ngata had retired... Good for the Eagles, they're going all in on this window.

hawkman

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2e7frecx said:
They certainly had an all-star lineup when Chip Kelly was there. Didn't do 'em much good, as I recall.

Seems like they did ok last season and it’s looking like they will have an even better roster next season.

original poster

Reaction score
They're doing it right, go all in when your QB is cheap.

Can't blame them, fantastic strategy.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2c9fpyjk said:
They certainly had an all-star lineup when Chip Kelly was there. Didn't do 'em much good, as I recall.

Since you seem to have a great memory, you would also probably remember that Chip Kelly's defensive coordinator in Philly (Billy Davis), operated a 3-4 scheme with 4-3 personnel. As you might imagine, that didn't work.

Also you might remember that under the proper scheme and good coaching, the Eagles also won Super Bowl 52.

They cut Vinny Curry and lost Beau Allen to free agency but added Ngata and Michael Bennett not to mention they'll be going into year two with Derek Barnett and a guy like Elijah Qualls will start to get more playing time with space opening up. The Eagles DL is going to be better than it was last year barring injuries. I also wouldn't be surprised if they draft another pass rusher at #32, either.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2ix477kg said:

This is why I always laugh when we fans say the Seahawks can’t afford to sign anyone. It can always be done. The redskins were in cap hell for 5 years and every year they were still finding ways to sign dudes to ridiculous contracts.

mrt144

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1cauziz5 said:

Ahem, this team just won the Superbowl.