Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Ngada to Eagles

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Ngada to Eagles
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:44 am

Re: Ngada to Eagles
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:37 am
  • They certainly had an all-star lineup when Chip Kelly was there. Didn't do 'em much good, as I recall.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:38 am
  • I dont understand how the Eagles are trading and signing for all these players..

Unless I am mistaken they are like 10 million OVER the cap right now which means they need to clean out like...15-20 million in cap space right?

"Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does"
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:47 am
  • WilsonMVP wrote:I dont understand how the Eagles are trading and signing for all these players..

Unless I am mistaken they are like 10 million OVER the cap right now which means they need to clean out like...15-20 million in cap space right?

They dumped Celek and Torrey Smith for 10 million and I think they had restructured lane Johnson for another 7.5 million. When Vinny Curry gets released that will be another 9.5 million. Some other moves popped up on twitter that I can't remember.
    A.D.I.D.A.S.
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:20 am
  • I had it in my mind that Ngata had retired... Good for the Eagles, they're going all in on this window.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:48 pm
  • GeekHawk wrote:They certainly had an all-star lineup when Chip Kelly was there. Didn't do 'em much good, as I recall.

Seems like they did ok last season and it’s looking like they will have an even better roster next season.
    hawkman
    NET Rookie

Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:25 am
  • They're doing it right, go all in when your QB is cheap.

Can't blame them, fantastic strategy.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:11 am
  • GeekHawk wrote:They certainly had an all-star lineup when Chip Kelly was there. Didn't do 'em much good, as I recall.

Since you seem to have a great memory, you would also probably remember that Chip Kelly's defensive coordinator in Philly (Billy Davis), operated a 3-4 scheme with 4-3 personnel. As you might imagine, that didn't work.

Also you might remember that under the proper scheme and good coaching, the Eagles also won Super Bowl 52.

They cut Vinny Curry and lost Beau Allen to free agency but added Ngata and Michael Bennett not to mention they'll be going into year two with Derek Barnett and a guy like Elijah Qualls will start to get more playing time with space opening up. The Eagles DL is going to be better than it was last year barring injuries. I also wouldn't be surprised if they draft another pass rusher at #32, either.
    xkj1985x
    NET Rookie

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:15 am
  • WilsonMVP wrote:I dont understand how the Eagles are trading and signing for all these players..

This is why I always laugh when we fans say the Seahawks can’t afford to sign anyone. It can always be done. The redskins were in cap hell for 5 years and every year they were still finding ways to sign dudes to ridiculous contracts.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:23 am

Ahem, this team just won the Superbowl.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:16 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information