Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Seattle "aggressive" in its pursuit of Jordy Nelson

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • No more please :141847_bnono: :141847_bnono:
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• He'll probably end up with the Saints.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Signing free agent receivers or tight ends is a bad idea. By the time Russell Wilson finally gets rapport with them, it is the end of their contract (see Jimmy Graham).
    vigilantgrrl
    NET Practice Squad

• vigilantgrrl wrote:Signing free agent receivers or tight ends is a bad idea. By the time Russell Wilson finally gets rapport with them, it is the end of their contract (see Jimmy Graham).

Signing anyone seems to be a bad idea
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

• This will be a solid signing as long as the price is right. Paying him double digits doesn't make sense in my opinion.
    ApnaHawk
    NET Rookie

• I would like to see more emphasis on the line before we bring in a bunch of skill set players, your paying for something your not going to get full use and take advantage of if Wilson is looing at the sky all day or running for his life due to no threat of a running game and poor pass blocking.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Feels like a knee-jerk reaction if they sign him...dude isnt near the player he once was and without Rodgers he disappears... draft a receiver
    dutchman063
    NET Rookie

• chris98251 wrote:I would like to see more emphasis on the line before we bring in a bunch of skill set players, your paying for something your not going to get full use and take advantage of if Wilson is looing at the sky all day or running for his life due to no threat of a running game and poor pass blocking.

Exactly. We haven't even talked about replacing "the best guard in the NFL" yet.

They need a good guard next to Brown to give 1 strong side to run to.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Going after a player that Aaron Rodgers made look great seems like the equivalent of signing a former Seahawk CB or a former Saints WR.

How can you measure the actual production based on the #s you are looking at them having now?

How much is the system?

How much is the great QB?

How much is the player themselves?

It is risky but I suppose we are at the stage we have to take risks. And you could argue that GB tends to scout offensive players well, so maybe that is the risk mitigation. But those moves make me nervous, especially when we have no idea what our offense even does well now.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• TwistedHusky wrote:Going after a player that Aaron Rodgers made look great seems like the equivalent of signing a former Seahawk CB or a former Saints WR.

How can you measure the actual production based on the #s you are looking at them having now?

How much is the system?

It is risky but I suppose we are at the stage we have to take risks. And you could argue that GB tends to scout offensive players well, so maybe that is the risk mitigation. But those moves make me nervous, especially when we have no idea what our offense even does well now.

What should make you nervous is Pete and Johns attitude to discount the other teams evaluation with guys like Joeckel, Lacy , and Walsh last year, and thinks he "likes them big" (makes rationalizations to promote the stupid moves).
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• TwistedHusky wrote:Going after a player that Aaron Rodgers made look great seems like the equivalent of signing a former Seahawk CB or a former Saints WR.

How much is the system?

New GM there now, it will be interesting to see if he plays smart or wants to make a splash introduction that will bite them later.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• That is the one shining light in all this.

Nobody has bad things to say about Jordy.

We usually like to overpay for guys with terrible reputations or productivity, but great measurables, convinced that 'this time it will be different'.

So at least we are not trying to bring in one of those (Joekel, Lacy, Cary Williams, Harvin, etc.).

We are like that guy that keeps dating strippers that cheated on their last boyfriend but is sure that she won't cheat on him because of _____. But she does, because she tends to cheat and she is a freaking stripper. Same deal.

So maybe they learned the lesson there. The reason they are available is because someone else did not want them. And the reason they did not want them is important.

Jordy at least can be counted on to catch the ball. We just don't know how much of his production was playing in a great offense with a great QB. But at least we know he isn't lazy, stupid or someone that just cashes paychecks to do as little work as possible.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Well if it comes to system, based on his time in Green Bay, Nelson would have the "find the open area in the scramble drill" part of things down pat.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

• Posted a question in GB chat and one of them answered what he expects for a cost for Jordy....

"4-8M range depending on the contract length and specifics. Guaranteed monies etc.."

The longer anyone waits, the lower it should go.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Too old, injuries are becoming a problem. Pass.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

• KitsapGuy wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:Alright, if he can do what this man did for our team, then fine.

:ththsmileyjoke:

I not very smart and I don't get this emoji. I really tried.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• Pass on Jordy. Simply because he isn't the same player he was. Why did the Packers let him go? I mean if he was still the WR he was 3-4 seasons ago, He was more productive then Graham was for us, plus at least Jordy was an effective blocker. Jordy is washed up. Isn't this what we are trying to get away from. We already have Dougy to mentor our young WR's. Not sure were we are headed in the draft, sure it depends over the next week or so who we land in FA. I would rather pass on Jordy, and see if we can pull off a trade for Martavius Bryant!! We Desperatly need a BIG redzone target. I also hope we get aggressive after ASJ.
    12forlife
    NET Practice Squad

• GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• jordy gonna sign with raider from shaefer this morning done deal apparently
    “Well, they’re going to have to stop all of us. You feel me. I’m a piece to it, but we’ve got some dogs.”
    Str8OuttaSkittles
    NET Starter

• Ian Rapoport

Verified account

@RapSheet
    3m3 minutes ago
    More
    The #Raiders deal for WR Jordy Nelson is not a done deal just yet. I’m told they have real competition from the #Saints. They are making a hard push. The #Seahawks aren’t out yet. He’s still in Oakland, but...
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

• 12forlife wrote:Pass on Jordy. Simply because he isn't the same player he was. Why did the Packers let him go? I mean if he was still the WR he was 3-4 seasons ago, He was more productive then Graham was for us, plus at least Jordy was an effective blocker. Jordy is washed up. Isn't this what we are trying to get away from. We already have Dougy to mentor our young WR's. Not sure were we are headed in the draft, sure it depends over the next week or so who we land in FA. I would rather pass on Jordy, and see if we can pull off a trade for Martavius Bryant!! We Desperatly need a BIG redzone target. I also hope we get aggressive after ASJ.

Jordy Nelson is 33 years old and 2 years ago he tore his ACL. Last year, he was Comeback Player of the Year. He started off 2017 pretty well scoring 5 TD's in 4 games and was on pace to score 20 TD's for the entire season. Once Rodgers went down, our entire team, including Nelson went into the trash.

Jordy has lost a step and is not the same WR he was. He used to be a vertical threat and an explosive playmaker who could get a lot of yardage on deep throws. Instead, now he is the perfect possession WR more in the mold of your legendary Steve Largent. Jordy is also an excellent Red Zone weapon and especially gifted at getting open after the routes are run and the QB is looking for a target. He still has excellent burst, hands and can beat most CB's on post routes.

Why did we cut him? Money. He was slated to make around $10 million a year and we are deep at WR but have a lot of other needs, like TE and DL and CB, so we are using the Jordy Nelson $$$ on other areas while still maintaining a decent WR corp. It was an unfortunate necessity. We need the cash to spend in very depleted areas of the team.

The last thing in the world we want to see is Jordy lined up against our defense. It hurts to watch him go because he was class on and off the field. He also loves WI and Green Bay and his kid(s) love the school they are in and the friends/neighbors, etc. Good community and he is a big part of it.

He would be a perfect fit in Seattle for 1-2 years then he will have to retire, is my guess. But I would not write him off and if you do acquire him, be happy, he and Russell will have a lot of success together.

Good luck but I really hope he goes to Oakland. Far away from the NFC.
    PackerNation
    NET Veteran

• King Dog wrote:Ian Rapoport

Verified account

@RapSheet
    3m3 minutes ago
    More
    The #Raiders deal for WR Jordy Nelson is not a done deal just yet. I’m told they have real competition from the #Saints. They are making a hard push. The #Seahawks aren’t out yet. He’s still in Oakland, but...

Sign him Saints, then you are out of the Suh sweepstakes!! :2thumbs: :3-1:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Raiders signed him, probably wasn’t cheap considering they cut Crabtree to do it
    Kinger95
    NET Practice Squad

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• two years 15 million
    A.D.I.D.A.S.
    NET Practice Squad

• How funny would it be if we signed Crabtree and he's face Talib and Sherm in the same division.
    ApnaHawk
    NET Rookie

• KitsapGuy wrote:

Getting Crabtree would be odd, right? Sherman talked that smack on him when he played WR for the 49ers with "The Tip". If he came and sign with Seattle, well, he'd be facing Sherman again who is now a 49er himself. Huh, life is funny.
    Last edited by Seahawk_Dan on Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran

• Pass on Crabapple
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• KitsapGuy wrote:

Can you imagine...
    GLio14
    NET Rookie

• Nelson got $15m over two with $13m guaranteed. I would have like him here, but not at those numbers.
    drrew
    NET Veteran

• Would it not be sweet justice to have Crabtree on the roster and have him clinch the nfc title game with a td over sherm
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

• flmmkrz wrote:Would it not be sweet justice to have Crabtree on the roster and have him clinch the nfc title game with a td over sherm

For Crabtree it would be dubbed, "The Redo".
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran

• I could see him tell Sherman your Mediocre :)

But I don't want him, not in our offense and with his mentality.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• flmmkrz wrote:Would it not be sweet justice to have Crabtree on the roster and have him clinch the nfc title game with a td over sherm

I don't think either team makes the NFCCG, but yeah it would be. :mrgreen:
    A.D.I.D.A.S.
    NET Practice Squad

• PackerNation wrote:
    12forlife wrote:Pass on Jordy. Simply because he isn't the same player he was. Why did the Packers let him go? I mean if he was still the WR he was 3-4 seasons ago, He was more productive then Graham was for us, plus at least Jordy was an effective blocker. Jordy is washed up. Isn't this what we are trying to get away from. We already have Dougy to mentor our young WR's. Not sure were we are headed in the draft, sure it depends over the next week or so who we land in FA. I would rather pass on Jordy, and see if we can pull off a trade for Martavius Bryant!! We Desperatly need a BIG redzone target. I also hope we get aggressive after ASJ.

Jordy Nelson is 33 years old and 2 years ago he tore his ACL. Last year, he was Comeback Player of the Year. He started off 2017 pretty well scoring 5 TD's in 4 games and was on pace to score 20 TD's for the entire season. Once Rodgers went down, our entire team, including Nelson went into the trash.

Jordy has lost a step and is not the same WR he was. He used to be a vertical threat and an explosive playmaker who could get a lot of yardage on deep throws. Instead, now he is the perfect possession WR more in the mold of your legendary Steve Largent. Jordy is also an excellent Red Zone weapon and especially gifted at getting open after the routes are run and the QB is looking for a target. He still has excellent burst, hands and can beat most CB's on post routes.

Why did we cut him? Money. He was slated to make around $10 million a year and we are deep at WR but have a lot of other needs, like TE and DL and CB, so we are using the Jordy Nelson $$$ on other areas while still maintaining a decent WR corp. It was an unfortunate necessity. We need the cash to spend in very depleted areas of the team.

The last thing in the world we want to see is Jordy lined up against our defense. It hurts to watch him go because he was class on and off the field. He also loves WI and Green Bay and his kid(s) love the school they are in and the friends/neighbors, etc. Good community and he is a big part of it.

He would be a perfect fit in Seattle for 1-2 years then he will have to retire, is my guess. But I would not write him off and if you do acquire him, be happy, he and Russell will have a lot of success together.

Good luck but I really hope he goes to Oakland. Far away from the NFC.

That comparision is wrong but I understand why you would use it.
    A guy who lost a step or two and who you think 1-2 years left is not
    worth the Hawks trouble at the money he got.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:24 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information