Would you take Bruce Irvin back?

Seymour

Reaction score
Irvin may end up being a cap casualty at $8.25M.

Not sure what he would go for, but just say he could be had for $4-5M ....would you sign him, or has your ship set sail with Mongo? :twisted:

http://www.espn.com/blog/nfcwest/po...-reunion-with-seahawks-would-make-total-sense

Irvin, 30, produced 15 sacks and 10 forced fumbles and didn't miss a game over his two seasons with the Raiders. But that might not be enough to keep Oakland from releasing him, a possibility that Irvin referenced on Twitter last week.

As noted by ESPN Raiders reporter Paul Gutierrez, the four-year, $37 million contract Irvin signed in 2016 calls for him to count $8.25 million against the cap next season. It's structured in such a way that the Raiders would incur no dead money by cutting Irvin, meaning they'd save the entire $8.25 million. So there's some financial incentive for Oakland to move on.

Under this scenario, there would be another benefit to Seattle bringing Irvin back as opposed to signing a free agent who just played out his contract: A player who was released by his most recent team -- known as a street free agent -- doesn't count against a new team's compensatory pick formula. So if Irvin were to be released, Seattle could sign him without sacrificing a 2019 comp pick, which would no doubt appeal to Seahawks general manager John Schneider, assuming the price is right. Seattle doesn't have much cap space to work with -- about $14 million as it stands now -- but Irvin could give them value, since he'd be filling two needs.

drrew

Reaction score
Prior to the Mingo move sure, and even though Irvin is a better player, his spot is gone now as you can't have 4 linebackers (Wagner/Wright/Mingo/Irvin) making starters money.

massari

Reaction score
WTF Irvin's 30? Was going to say I'd rather have him over Mingo, but assumed he was like 27.

Just glad Wilhoite isn't the guy any more.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
massari":c9i9plgb said:
WTF Irvin's 30? Was going to say I'd rather have him over Mingo, but assumed he was like 27.

Just glad Wilhoite isn't the guy any more.

Ya, I remember him being older when we drafted him also.

DJrmb

Reaction score
They've committed to Mingo I think at this point. Maybe if the money is really low (3m or so) as more competition but at this point Mingo is costing 6m+ and whatever Comp pick PRich would have netted (probably a 5th).

Kinger95

Reaction score
What about lynch? Looks like the raiders signed Martin and they dunno about Lynch’s future there

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Kinger95":fr5xzj38 said:
What about lynch? Looks like the raiders signed Martin and they dunno about Lynch’s future there

Lynch will likely get cut also. He is finished IMO, and I doubt would consider coming back here anyway.

kf3339

Reaction score
Seymour":27nfdujt said:
Kinger95":27nfdujt said:

Lynch will likely get cut also. He is finished IMO, and I doubt would consider coming back here anyway.

Why is Lynch finished? He ran for 900 yards, and well over 50% was in the last 8 games?

He could still play another year, if he wants to that is.

kf3339

Reaction score
DJrmb":21sehcl4 said:
They've committed to Mingo I think at this point. Maybe if the money is really low (3m or so) as more competition but at this point Mingo is costing 6m+ and whatever Comp pick PRich would have netted (probably a 5th).

I think your numbers are off about Mingo. He is costing closer to $3M for this year.

DJrmb

Reaction score
kf3339":1o3aps4y said:
DJrmb":1o3aps4y said:

I think your numbers are off about Mingo. He is costing closer to $3M for this year.
I was referring to the total amount of the deal, not just this year. Also there is incentives that he could earn up to about 10m total.

chris98251

Reaction score
Lynch will be primary, Martin has not survived a season lately, he is a stop gap relief pitcher to keep Lynch fresh and maybe bring a different look.