Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Sherman's Theories on The Hawks

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:37 pm

Re: Sherman's Theories on The Hawks
Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:01 pm
  • So he and other vets no longer bought into the program (and actually poked fun at it), but expected the team to ride with them because their play was great. IE above the team.

Says we devalued core players and yet we paid huge huge sums to try and keep the band together. I think losing our way would have been giving everyone a third contract. Injuries were mounting, and play is sure to decline. Salary cap is a real thing.

Says they are too curious about young players, yet that is exactly how sherman was made.

Uses Polamalu as an example, but in fairness Steelers hung on longer than they really needed to in terms of performance. He was 33 when he retired.

His comment about Pete’s retirement seems off base. All of the moves being made set a very strong position for 2019. I doubt no playoffs in 18 makes him consider retirement more strongly.

Sherm was just so incredibly jaded clearly. All of this to me just makes it all the more clear why Sherm is no longer with the team.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:26 pm
  • He's sour
    ApnaHawk
    NET Rookie

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:36 pm
  • It’s clear that he is going to absolutely play his 2 best games of the season every year against us.

Wilson is in for a true test
    AF_BASS_MAN
    NET Rookie

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:54 pm
  • How quickly Sherm forgets that Trufant was sent down the road when he emerged. The life cycle of the NFL, and its going to happen to him again.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:53 pm
  • AF_BASS_MAN wrote:It’s clear that he is going to absolutely play his 2 best games of the season every year against us.

ya and the way he's yappin' back at the hawks I hope he tears his other Achille's. Not really, but I hope he gets lit up.
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:06 am
  • Not sure how these veteran players say they are being dismissed yet they want more money??? I'm pretty sure if he restructured initially he would be back! Initially I didn't think I would be able to hate Sherman even if he was a 49er but it just might happen!
    peppersjap
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:29 am
  • A lot of Hawks fans are being played by Sherm the way niner fans got played when he was here.
    He is the pro wrestling style heel, talks shit, and then you give heat back which is what he wants.
    It’s entertainment folks!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:53 am
  • AF_BASS_MAN wrote:It’s clear that he is going to absolutely play his 2 best games of the season every year against us.

Wilson is in for a true test to see how Kaepernick's last 3 seasons in the NFL were like.
    NINEster
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:15 am
  • Hawks had an amazing team. A dominant one.

It was purely beautiful Football.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:51 am
  • NINEster wrote:
    AF_BASS_MAN wrote:It’s clear that he is going to absolutely play his 2 best games of the season every year against us.

Wilson is in for a true test to see how Kaepernick's last 3 seasons in the NFL were like.

Kaepernick was his own worst enemy, he brought most of his demise on himself.

Wilson is nothing like Kaepernick, and I doubt he will every know the problems that Kaepernick experienced.

Wilson has his own issues, he’s not perfect by any means but he’ll never (imho) “flame out” the way Kaepernick did.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:50 am
  • 2_0_6 wrote:How quickly Sherm forgets that Trufant was sent down the road when he emerged. The life cycle of the NFL, and its going to happen to him again.

Lawyer Milloy also questioned where the leadership was going to come from after he wasn't re-signed in 2011 (the first year the secondary started playing together). How many times has the NE Patriot roster almost entirely turned over except for QB? The same with Pittsburgh? Of course we need to do a better job of drafting, but we really need to do a better job of coaching up and scheming the young talent. It's not like NE nails every draft.
    Jac
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:56 am
  • Playing the "Heel" makes me love Sherm even more. This IS entertainment, and he makes it interesting and fun to watch.

The downside, for Sherman at this point, is that he wasn't super fast, to begin with, and will never be at the playing speed he was before his Achilles injury. Yes he's a technician and he's one of the greatest CB's of all time (IMO), but he'll never regain the playing speed he had. This puts him at a severe advantage and with his physical style of play, may find himself grabbing and holding more often.

What I'm trying to say is, I don't think we'll see the Sherman we're used to, when we face him twice a year. But, the drama will be there, he will make sure of that...which is fantastic.
    RockinHawks
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:33 am
  • Loved Sherm as a Hawk. I'm looking forward to loving to hate him as a 9er.

He'll miss Kam taking away the under routes.
    He'll miss Earl taking away the deep threat.
    He'll probably still be pretty good.

In fact, he'll definitely be better as a 9er than he would have as a Hawk- whatever "better" or "pretty good" turns out to be. Much of Sherm's success came from his motivation/chip-on-shoulder which resulted in a lot of work off the field. He felt like he had arrived as a Hawk and said as much in the article. ... that he was undervalued. As a Hawk, he had become complacent. As a 9er, he'll be at his best. ... and hopefully he beats up on the Rams and Cards some too.
    chrispy
    NET Rookie

Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:52 am
  • ApnaHawk wrote:He's sour

and a hypocrite
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:38 am
  • Criticizing Pete's philosophy or way things are done in Seattle seems to be biting the hand that feeds him. Sherm had it right in his initial statement when he thanked the team for taking a chance on him. Hopefully this is just wrestling style entertainment as some say and he's not actually believing this.

When he talks about not going with the guys who got the team to the top, isn't that exactly what they did? Keep that defensive core together which many say was unprecedented and now get the team into the situation of all those guys getting older and more expensive at the same time.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:43 am
  • Please Sherman, for once.... show some class.

Look, I get it, it probably really stung when the Seahawks released you. It's a brutal hard business. But you got released because you became a distraction, you took some shots at the coaches while you were here, then you got older and got hurt. Your salary became too much for what you were offering at this point. That's the way it works. The NFL is ruthless.

Just stop talking trash about Carroll and the org trying to rationalize it. Just walk away with your head up and go play ball.
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• 12/17/2017 was the anvil on the head that forced PC and JS to re-look at everything. The curb stomp at home just pointed out how flawed the team was on every level - personnel, coaching, players. The fact was that the defense as constructed as regressed since 2013. Slowly at first but I can argue the DL depth was the biggest factor in XLIX. 2017 was alarming at times even when they were healthy. No reason to think a year older was going to make it better and unfortunately I don't think the core group as it was is wired to be as average as they were becoming and are selectively delusional as to why.

2010-2013 was all about adding hungry young players to fit the identify the team wanted - fast, physically dominating defense; elite running game, maximize explosive passing plays, good special teams. The stars were almost all playing on contracts where production greatly exceeded cost. Eventually the core gets paid and it shifted to win now moves and minimal competition. The draft fell off production wise. The star players either saw production peter off or age/injury happens and with the roster top heavy cap wise, depth was not like it was. That doesn't absolve them from some horrible decision making too - Cary Williams, Webb, Joeckel, Lacy, Walsh. Barf.

So you re-set. I think ET gets traded because they know he'll not handle a rebuild well and he wants a ton of jack. Build around Wilson on offense and Wagner on defense. Bring in players who buy in and adios to the ones that don't.

It still comes down to good personnel decisions. PC/JS have not done well since 2012/2013 in this regard. It's a big reason why they are probably the 3rd best team in the division right now.
    GO HAWKS!
    JTB
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:22 am
  • I thought it was cuz Sherman hated Russ? I mean its what people I know say.

It seems like vets didn't care for Pete after awhile.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:34 am
  • It just mentioned on Brock & Salk, but can you imagine what young Richard Sherman's response would be to his comments about not sticking with the older guys and giving young guys the opportunities?
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:12 am
  • Richard is a great football player. Probably HOF. However his narcissism is both one of his biggest assets and his biggest shortcomings.

It fuels the colossal chip on his shoulder and as such serves his competitive natur.

So what does he gain by trashing his former GM and coach?

It is petty. It is childish. And it should be beneath a man of his intelligence. But he can't help himself. And in the process he is destroying his relationship with the fans who supported him.

Pete and JS have too much class to respond in kind.

Richard could have learned a thing or two about class from Largent or Walter. But his narcissism got in the way.
    harryjohnson
    NET Rookie

Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:19 am
  • Seanhawk wrote:It just mentioned on Brock & Salk, but can you imagine what young Richard Sherman's response would be to his comments about not sticking with the older guys and giving young guys the opportunities?

Imagine Marcus Trufant acting like this at the end of his career when he got pushed out for younger corners (Sherman)?
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:36 am
  • As much as it hurts, it is closes to the truth. Pete is a four year coach, but that is a benefit in the salary cap era of the NFL. After 2014 the vets all knew that always compete was a buzz word due to Cable and Bevell still having jobs.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:46 am
  • Don't really care if sherman is right or not but it's great to see him continue to make ex fans dance hehehe
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:50 am
  • adeltaY wrote:Don't really care if sherman is right or not but it's great to see him continue to make ex fans dance hehehe

In the end, I believe the very thing that helped Sherman get a name (the loudmouth persona) is the same thing that will ultimately hurt or delay his HOF chances. Being a douche can only take you so far, those that show maturity and class on top of great play will always be a step above the rest. We are seeing a similar issue with TO right now.
    Milehighhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:11 am
  • sdog1981 wrote:As much as it hurts, it is closes to the truth. Pete is a four year coach, but that is a benefit in the salary cap era of the NFL. After 2014 the vets all knew that always compete was a buzz word due to Cable and Bevell still having jobs.

A four year coach? I'm not really sure what that even means.

Look how long he kept the core of that defense together, how long they were dominate as a group. It was amazing. Sherman talking about how they abandoned core players for younger players? Those core players were there an extraordinary amount of time together, almost unheard of in the modern NFL. Sherman is not making any sense here.
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:23 am
  • NINEster wrote:
    AF_BASS_MAN wrote:It’s clear that he is going to absolutely play his 2 best games of the season every year against us.

Except for the fact that Wilson is far superior to Kap, so there's that.....
    "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!"
    Ace_Rimmer
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:36 am
  • Sherman is all fueled up to burn that bridge I see. :roll:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/richard-sherman-seahawks-lost-their-way-in-evaluation-carrolls-message-grew-old/

"I think it was kind of philosophical on [Carroll's] part," Sherman said during an appearance on Uninterrupted's "The Tomahawk Show," which is hosted by retired NFL players Joe Thomas and Andrew Hawkins (via ESPN.com). "A lot of us have been there six, seven, eight years, and his philosophy is more built for college.

"Four years, guys rotate in, rotate out, and so we had kind of heard all his stories, we had kind of heard every story, every funny anecdote that he had. And honestly because he just recycles them. And they're cool stories, they're great for team chemistry and building, et cetera, et cetera. But we had literally heard them all. We could recite them before he even started to say them."

Sherman also said it "felt kind of disrespectful to me in a way" that the Seahawks were quick to move on from him following a season-ending Achilles injury after the team was willing to wait for Earl Thomas and Jimmy Graham to recover from injuries.

"It's just unfortunate," Sherman explained. "At the end of the day it just seems like -- I don't know how to say it -- they've kind of lost their way a little bit in terms of how they see players and how they evaluate players. It was kind of an odd situation because we've obviously had players injured multiple times, multiple years and this was the first time that anyone who has been injured of the core players has been cut.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:52 am
  • Sherman ends up contradicting himself (Brock & Salk mentioned it).

He's disgruntled cause he doesn't feel the Hawks treated him the same as others when injured and let him go. Not valuing the core like they used to.

On the other hand, he notes how Pete's philosophy and style work in the college environment cause they don't stay longer than 4 years. How it becomes stale for the vets after 5 or 6 years. This is dumb in itself, because everyone has to deal with similar msgs when in the same place for more than a few years. Welcome to the grown up world, Richard.

Ok, so they should keep the core regardless of cost/age and at the same time, they can't handle the message after a while?

As mentioned, the Hawks were remarkable as they kept a core together longer than others. Brock astutely noted that the message may feel stale to the vets (as they do anywhere), but it's at that pint that they become true leaders and guide the newcomers. Carry the message forward, instead of rolling their eyes.

Sherman is a perfect example of someone being very smart, but not wise. Who cares if your right, if your presentation is an insult. And since no one is always right, you look like a dork half the time. Easy to point out failings elsewhere, but real hard to be honest about your own. Something Sherman has never done publicly.
    lobohawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:59 am
  • sdog1981 wrote:As much as it hurts, it is closes to the truth. Pete is a four year coach, but that is a benefit in the salary cap era of the NFL. After 2014 the vets all knew that always compete was a buzz word due to Cable and Bevell still having jobs.

The only thing players compete for nowadays is contracts. I get it, given the nature of the sport and the short career span it has, but it's like it's never enough for them, no matter how much they get. They make more in interest alone in a single season than most of us will in our entire lives.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:18 am
  • Can't wait to wear my Sherman jersey the first time we host the Ninnies at the Clink.

Guess I'll have to get a Sherman jersey now.

Dude is pure WWF style entertainment in a league of generic conformists.
    Fire Tom Cable

Did Chip Kelly assume roster management duties for the Seahawks this year? I must have missed the announcement.
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:29 am
  • harryjohnson wrote:Richard is a great football player. Probably HOF. However his narcissism is both one of his biggest assets and his biggest shortcomings.

It fuels the colossal chip on his shoulder and as such serves his competitive nature.

So what does he gain by trashing his former GM and coach?

It is petty. It is childish. And it should be beneath a man of his intelligence. But he can't help himself. And in the process he is destroying his relationship with the fans who supported him.

Pete and JS have too much class to respond in kind.

Richard could have learned a thing or two about class from Largent or Walter. But his narcissism got in the way.
    harryjohnson
    NET Rookie

Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:37 pm
  • bigskydoc wrote:Can't wait to wear my Sherman jersey the first time we host the Ninnies at the Clink.

Yep. Some are acting like the 8th grade girl who dumped her boyfriend and then is upset the next day when she spots him with another pretty girl.

Folks can be angry and hurt all they want, I just hope they remember the Sherm didn’t cut Sherm, Seattle did.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:42 pm
  • bigskydoc wrote:Can't wait to wear my Sherman jersey the first time we host the Ninnies at the Clink.

Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:43 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    bigskydoc wrote:Can't wait to wear my Sherman jersey the first time we host the Ninnies at the Clink.

Yep. Some are acting like the 8th grade girl who dumped her boyfriend and then is upset the next day when she spots him with another pretty girl.

Folks can be angry and hurt all they want, I just hope they remember the Sherm didn’t cut Sherm, Seattle did.

Im not upset about where he's chosen to play.

But Sherman is the one "acting like the 8th grade girl who dumped her boyfriend and then is upset the next day when she spots him with another pretty girl"

He's doing all the talking.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:46 pm
  • Weird how all these defensive players seem to have a lot of pent up frustration with the Seahawks and Carroll.

It is going to be interesting to hear what Bennett says.

Considering how many times Sherman has literally pulled the offense to a win in spite of the offense's incompetence? I think he earned the right to call Carroll out on it. I expect it has been bugging him for a while.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:14 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:Weird how all these defensive players seem to have a lot of pent up frustration with the Seahawks and Carroll.

It is going to be interesting to hear what Bennett says.

Considering how many times Sherman has literally pulled the offense to a win in spite of the offense's incompetence? I think he earned the right to call Carroll out on it. I expect it has been bugging him for a while.

Hard to expect fielding the best offense and defense at the same time. However we have actually come close, at least according to DVOA. Our offense ranked top ten in 13, 14, 15, — followed by just above league average in 16, 17. I think that adds perspective, there were many teams with much worse offense than ours over the years. Their cristicism is over blown. LOB takes enormous cap, with that is enormous responsibility, they should have fully expected to be the better counter part.

These guys are just being whiny a-holes.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:24 pm
  • Haha who cares what Sherman thinks. If it wasn’t for Pete & Co there would be no way he would have been dominant as he has been throughout his career. He’s just being salty. Thanks for the memories, Sherm, but you’re now an enemy so good luck lol.
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:08 pm
  • Sherm’s just salty that Pete grew tired of his act and wanted to move on without him. Sherm seems like a pretty bright guy, but when he gets angry he sure says some dumb shit. “I’ll have your press pass taken away,” anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:47 pm
  • I have had my theories on Sherman and these comments just cement it. I dont care how good of a player he is/was he makes your team worse with his toxic attitude. I'm so glad we are blowing this team up, this is going to be a fun year. IDGAF if we even make the playoffs :irishdrinkers:
    IrishNW
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:00 pm
  • All I can say to these guys that say Pete's "rah rah" style doesn't work in the NFL or it wears thin after a few years is (and I wish some of the pundits would explicitly state it like this to their faces):

When you were all buying in, the team built one of the best defenses in NFL history and went to back to back Superbowls. It's when you decided the message was stale and stopped buying in that things went south.

Sorry, but that's on the players. The coach already proved his system works when the players buy in.
    imnKOgnito
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:08 pm
  • I don't blame Sherman for being "salty." Getting released is a bad look. We couldn't even get a 7th round pick for his contract. Now, he's just reaching for ways to make himself look better. Can't blame him for that.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:17 pm
  • Sour grapes. Simple as that. Not surprised.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:10 pm
  • Decimation wrote:Haha who cares what Sherman thinks. If it wasn’t for Pete & Co there would be no way he would have been dominant as he has been throughout his career. He’s just being salty. Thanks for the memories, Sherm, but you’re now an enemy so good luck lol.

I would argue Sherm might not even have a career without Pete.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:21 pm
  • imnKOgnito wrote:All I can say to these guys that say Pete's "rah rah" style doesn't work in the NFL or it wears thin after a few years is (and I wish some of the pundits would explicitly state it like this to their faces):

When you were all buying in, the team built one of the best defenses in NFL history and went to back to back Superbowls. It's when you decided the message was stale and stopped buying in that things went south.

Sorry, but that's on the players. The coach already proved his system works when the players buy in.

The biggest part of managing an NFL team *IS* managing people. No matter the success one brings there will always be question marks, and the need to get the players to buy in to what you're selling. After 2015 I think that Carroll lost a lot of credibility. Bevell stood up at the podium and trashed Wilson, and Lockette, and there were no negative repercussions. The line played like a leaking sieve for years, yet Cable still stayed. The nepotism, and refusal to admit there was a major problem on the offensive side of the ball made Carroll seem out of touch. Last year everything culminated, and came to a head. All of the issues that were bubbling underneath the surface all of the sudden were made painfully clear.

I don't doubt one word of what Sherman is saying. There were too many rumors, and actual events that happened last season for it all to be a coincidence, or speculation. You could see it in the play of our team as well. We were very close to the most penalized team of all time. Our team lacked gap integrity on defense, and people were all just doing their own thing. I think it's clear that there was a problem, hence why we had a purge within the organization. Now we're shopping Earl Thomas, we straight up cut Sherman, and we traded Bennett away for practically nothing. We replaced Bevell, and Richards with two militaristic style, no BS coordinators in Schotty and Ken Norton Jr. Wholesale changes such as this do not happen unless there is a major problem afoot, especially when said team was talked about as a major contender for the Superbowl come this time last year with a coach that is now the oldest in the NFL.

There is some truth to what Sherman is saying, if there wasn't we wouldn't see the cornerstones of our organization be traded for little to nothing, or straight up cut.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:23 pm
  • Sherman just signed a new contract with the 49ers and the only thing he can talk about is his former team. Speaks volumes
    IrishNW
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:48 pm
  • Spin Doctor wrote:
    imnKOgnito wrote:All I can say to these guys that say Pete's "rah rah" style doesn't work in the NFL or it wears thin after a few years is (and I wish some of the pundits would explicitly state it like this to their faces):

The biggest part of managing an NFL team *IS* managing people. No matter the success one brings there will always be question marks, and the need to get the players to buy in to what you're selling. After 2015 I think that Carroll lost a lot of credibility. Bevell stood up at the podium and trashed Wilson, and Lockette, and there were no negative repercussions. The line played like a leaking sieve for years, yet Cable still stayed. The nepotism, and refusal to admit there was a major problem on the offensive side of the ball made Carroll seem out of touch. Last year everything culminated, and came to a head. All of the issues that were bubbling underneath the surface all of the sudden were made painfully clear.

I don't doubt one word of what Sherman is saying. There were too many rumors, and actual events that happened last season for it all to be a coincidence, or speculation. You could see it in the play of our team as well. We were very close to the most penalized team of all time. Our team lacked gap integrity on defense, and people were all just doing their own thing. I think it's clear that there was a problem, hence why we had a purge within the organization. Now we're shopping Earl Thomas, we straight up cut Sherman, and we traded Bennett away for practically nothing. We replaced Bevell, and Richards with two militaristic style, no BS coordinators in Schotty and Ken Norton Jr. Wholesale changes such as this do not happen unless there is a major problem afoot, especially when said team was talked about as a major contender for the Superbowl come this time last year with a coach that is now the oldest in the NFL.

There is some truth to what Sherman is saying, if there wasn't we wouldn't see the cornerstones of our organization be traded for little to nothing, or straight up cut.

Absolutely there is some truth to what he is saying and Pete holds the largest portion of responsibility. The way he is saying it and his own description of the way he has acted on the team for the last several years speaks volumes to his character as well though and not in a positive way.
    I used to be Bitter.
    JustTheTip
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:40 am
  • Spin Doctor wrote:The biggest part of managing an NFL team *IS* managing people. No matter the success one brings there will always be question marks, and the need to get the players to buy in to what you're selling. After 2015 I think that Carroll lost a lot of credibility. Bevell stood up at the podium and trashed Wilson, and Lockette, and there were no negative repercussions. The line played like a leaking sieve for years, yet Cable still stayed. The nepotism, and refusal to admit there was a major problem on the offensive side of the ball made Carroll seem out of touch. Last year everything culminated, and came to a head. All of the issues that were bubbling underneath the surface all of the sudden were made painfully clear.

Great post. I have no issues with what Sherman said. He wont be the last person to publicly criticize Pete and his ways. Seems like the fans know about all the issues but only get upset when somebody actually speaks about them.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:41 am
  • Coug_Hawk08 wrote: Our offense ranked top ten in 13, 14, 15, — followed by just above league average in 16, 17.

Says a lot about Marshawn Lynch doesnt it?
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:26 am
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    Spin Doctor wrote:The biggest part of managing an NFL team *IS* managing people. No matter the success one brings there will always be question marks, and the need to get the players to buy in to what you're selling. After 2015 I think that Carroll lost a lot of credibility. Bevell stood up at the podium and trashed Wilson, and Lockette, and there were no negative repercussions. The line played like a leaking sieve for years, yet Cable still stayed. The nepotism, and refusal to admit there was a major problem on the offensive side of the ball made Carroll seem out of touch. Last year everything culminated, and came to a head. All of the issues that were bubbling underneath the surface all of the sudden were made painfully clear.

Great post. I have no issues with what Sherman said. He wont be the last person to publicly criticize Pete and his ways. Seems like the fans know about all the issues but only get upset when somebody actually speaks about them.

Agreed 100%
    AF_BASS_MAN
    NET Rookie

Next

It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 7:00 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information