Can we please get Eric Reid

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It might at least take some of the sting out of losing some of our key guys in the secondary.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1bjnet18 said:
Might be a cheaper option than Earl

He has positional versatility, but in the Hawks’ scheme he’s better as a Kam replacement than Thomas replacement.

He’s a very good player— a smart player and team leader too.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I said this in another thread, he's the logical pick up. You move McDougald to fs, Reid to ss. It's not Earl and Kam but knowing you can get at min a 1st+ for Earl plus that tandem. Sign up Suh and we're still a solid defence. Sounds like he's not getting any offers but is also not ready to concede to a lower offer either, he tweeted the other day about people saying he could be had cheap because nobody is making offers due to politics are part of the problem. It'll be interesting to see how his situation plays out but given the honey badger signed cheap I wonder where he'll fall on the payscale.

IrishNW

Reaction score
hes not even good. why would would you pay money for this guy? give me cheap and young, not old and busted.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
IrishNW":azxjsn5f said:
hes not even good. why would would you pay money for this guy? give me cheap and young, not old and busted.

are you kidding me? he's 26 hardly old and he's a solid strong safety in the Chancellor mold, perfect fit in this system. Great in the box and can cover, showed lots of versatility for the 9ers. It Earl is moved, he makes a lot of sense, you can move McDougald over and let Reid take over ss and wouldn't break the bank.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Does he take away a compensatory ?
If yes then we will NOT sign him , that's just the way it works folks
Many other fish in the SEA
Go Hawks

massari

Reaction score
hawxfreak":3uotecre said:
Does he take away a compensatory ?
If yes then we will NOT sign him , that's just the way it works folks
Many other fish in the SEA
Go Hawks
Eric Reid > 4th round comp pick from Graham.

Though they already have Bradley Mcdougald, Maurice Alexander, Delano Hill, Tedric Thompson and might look to draft one.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
flmmkrz":1nw9l6ov said:
IrishNW":1nw9l6ov said:

are you kidding me? he's 26 hardly old and he's a solid strong safety in the Chancellor mold, perfect fit in this system. Great in the box and can cover, showed lots of versatility for the 9ers. It Earl is moved, he makes a lot of sense, you can move McDougald over and let Reid take over ss and wouldn't break the bank.

This guy made the 49ers less of a disaster than it actually was. The whole team was in disarray but as a professional, Reid did his job. It has nothing to do with an now-ancient rivalry football-wise. Hope we do get him

ivotuk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1gtjpwva said:
26 is old??? :?

In the NFL? Yes. But mostly it depends on injury history and concussions.

Marcus Tubbs was an elite DT, Hawks run D was phenomenal when he was on the field. But his knees wouldn't let him.

sdog1981

Reaction score
massari":3fm4tgqt said:
Eric Reid > 4th round comp pick from Graham.

Though they already have Bradley Mcdougald, Maurice Alexander, Delano Hill, Tedric Thompson and might look to draft one.

This is the reason the Hawks will not look to sign Reid. He would have been a perfect fit to replace Kam but looks like the team is going a different direction.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Personally I hope the 'hawks don't sign him because I like Reid ALOT.

The only reason SF isn't making a push to resign him is Jaquiski Tartt. If Tartt stays healthy he may be a star. Thats also why all those Derwin James draft prediction drives me nuts but that another story. "Niners may lose Eric Reid so they will be looking for a replacement". No numbnuts, they aren't resigning Reid because they really like Tartt. Sigh.

Anyway, he simply doesn't have a spot anymore in SF. Niners tried to play him as an OLB just to get him on the field but he didn't like it.

He does have a concussion history and sometimes takes poor angles, but the dude can play. Somebody is going to sign him and be very glad they did. I would love it if the Niners would resign him but they won't pay 8 mil for a backup when the starter is on his rookie deal.

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
The dude is obviously getting black listed like Kaeperdink

He knows it too because he is now stating that he won’t kneel during the anthem anymore.

In my opinion, he chose his path and now he has to walk it.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Marvin49":1y0x4s13 said:

The only reason SF isn't making a push to resign him is Jaquiski Tartt. If Tartt stays healthy he may be a star. Thats also why all those Derwin James draft prediction drives me nuts but that another story. "Niners may lose Eric Reid so they will be looking for a replacement". No numbnuts, they aren't resigning Reid because they really like Tartt. Sigh.

Anyway, he simply doesn't have a spot anymore in SF. Niners tried to play him as an OLB just to get him on the field but he didn't like it.

He does have a concussion history and sometimes takes poor angles, but the dude can play. Somebody is going to sign him and be very glad they did. I would love it if the Niners would resign him but they won't pay 8 mil for a backup when the starter is on his rookie deal.

Yep....the mediots are trolling Marvin. I hate it when they do that. I may have to go to the game this season to meet ya if you decide to go to the game. May bring a Ninah fan with me.

getnasty

Reaction score
I love what McDougal did last year and don't want him to move to free safety because i don't think he's fast enough. Until Earl is gone there's no need to spend money on another safety.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":yaqb26da said:

Tart?Never heard of him..The way it is spelled how do you even say it?
So if he gives up a bad play..Jaquiski Fartt's :lol: