Jets Trade Draft Picks

Str8OuttaSkittles

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/975021642542960642[/tweet]
for saquon or a QB? alot of picks to move 3 places imo

Jville

Reaction score
Details on what really happened with Kirk Cousins and the Jets >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/details-happened-kirk-cousins-jets-article-1.3877087?utm_content=buffer5168d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=mmehta+twitter[/urltargetblank]

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Colts/status/975020658945118208[/tweet]

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Str8OuttaSkittles":13af4r19 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/975021642542960642[/tweet]
for saquon or a QB? alot of picks to move 3 places imo

Exhibit A on why the Patriots have it easy and continue to keep winning the Division..just too easy

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":31tzcbld said:
Excellent trade for the Colts! Clear winner there.

Move back 3 spots...get 3 2nd rounders ...seems good

They should be able to reload fast with 4 picks in the first 49

Kinger95

Reaction score
That 2019 2nd rounder is the 2nd best piece back for the colts that’s pretty much as good as the patriots 1st rounder.

Excellent trade by Indy. This is the kind of trade that sets teams up for years!

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I don’t really follow what the Jets are even doing. They are a bad team, need lots of players.

If they are moving up for a QB like everyone thinks, then why sign two veterans worth up to 25M? Also, they are assuming they get their guy at #3. Lastly, the QBs in this draft really aren’t very good.

adeltaY

Reaction score
This screws the Bills who likely wanted to move up to #2 to take their future QB. The price for the second pick will be insane.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
"We need a bunch of good players. Maybe it would be easier to get them if we didn't have all these early draft picks to worry about?

Sincerely, Jets logic"

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Jville":unofnciw said:
Details on what really happened with Kirk Cousins and the Jets >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/details-happened-kirk-cousins-jets-article-1.3877087?utm_content=buffer5168d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=mmehta+twitter[/urltargetblank]
That’s all fluff until it gets to the part about the agent repping the Jet’s current QB as well. He set it up so that the jets would be stuck with one of his guys while Minnesota got the other.

mikeak

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":2w0g89jk said:
I don’t really follow what the Jets are even doing. They are a bad team, need lots of players.

If they are moving up for a QB like everyone thinks, then why sign two veterans worth up to 25M? Also, they are assuming they get their guy at #3. Lastly, the QBs in this draft really aren’t very good.

I think you can't discount what a good qb will do to the FO for any team

Most fans and owners can accept a 6-10 team if they think this is the year they found their future QB and he will lead them to wins.

This is a mediocre team that went 5-11 last year. If they don't turn it around back to expectations based on 2 years ago then the GM and Coach will be under risk of being fired.

Signing veteran QB and drafting a promising rookie is likely to buy the FO one more year so now they can put in play a 2 year plan.....

Not saying it was a great trade up and they sure paid a price, but they will most definitely get one of the top 3 QBs this year and next year is supposedly a bad QB year so it was this year or not......

I get the logic

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
mikeak":snoefjao said:
Coug_Hawk08":snoefjao said:

I think you can't discount what a good qb will do to the FO for any team

Most fans and owners can accept a 6-10 team if they think this is the year they found their future QB and he will lead them to wins.

This is a mediocre team that went 5-11 last year. If they don't turn it around back to expectations based on 2 years ago then the GM and Coach will be under risk of being fired.

Signing veteran QB and drafting a promising rookie is likely to buy the FO one more year so now they can put in play a 2 year plan.....

Not saying it was a great trade up and they sure paid a price, but they will most definitely get one of the top 3 QBs this year and next year is supposedly a bad QB year so it was this year or not......

I get the logic

Moving up and giving up 3 2nd round picks to potentially get the THIRD QB taken in the draft sounds awful

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Honestly this sounds about as bad as the 9ers/Bears trade last year where the Bears gave up 2017 3rd and 4th round picks along with a 2018 3rd round pick to move up one spot for Trubisky.

The Colts have proven to be a horribly run franchise since Peyton moved on, so while I see this trade as a "fleecing," I don't expect the Colts to do much with the picks.