Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Wilson recruiting WR Terrelle Pryor? Update: Signed w/Jets

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Last edited by Jville on Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• If the price is right, I like it.
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• He was here a few years ago. Could be emergency qb.
    evergreen
    NET Veteran

• It won't work. Pryor refuses to play WR because he says he "can't catch."
    UGotHawked
    NET Starter

• Wasn't he here, pryor?
    TransGenderHawkFan
    NET Starter

• How did I miss this...Sorry
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

• UGotHawked wrote:It won't work. Pryor refuses to play WR because he says he "can't catch."

He has been at WR for a few years now with one 1,000 yard season under his belt.
    TransGenderHawkFan
    NET Starter

• UGotHawked wrote:It won't work. Pryor refuses to play WR because he says he "can't catch."

Strange since he had like 77 receptions two years ago.
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

• Pryor did well 2 years ago running go routes for Cleveland. He's still in development for every other route in the tree.

We should not be signing him for anything more than 1.5M and he's going to have to play ST. It's not good enough to act too good like a QB. He was making 3M as a Redskin last year and he's no longer with them and they're the team that just gave Richardson all that money for a vertical threat.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• Marcus Johnson, Jaron Brown, now potentially Prior. Me thinks they are gettin back to classic Air Coryell. Guys that are vertical threats for a vertical passing attack. I like it. Develop a run game and kill teams vertically, that’s when we were at our best anyways. Get back to our roots.
    pcbball12
    NET Veteran

• I don't know....maybe there's something up here. Why was he benched after 6 games with the Redskins? They certainly weren't deep at WR. Maybe there's something here to vet out, but the story is odd.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• I mean....just wow, what the hell happened? His development arc was going to take him places and then last year happened. So what was it?

vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• Jville wrote:
    He turned down a four-year offer worth about $32 million from the Browns last season, and they immediately gave similar money to free agent flop Kenny Britt.
    Pryor signed a one-year deal with the Redskins, but was hurt most of the season there.

Link >>> http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/03/terrelle_pryor_visiting_the_se.html

He was benched before getting hurt, from what I have read. He was IR in week 9 No specifics though and that's the important part. There's no specifics.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• TransGenderHawkFan wrote:
    UGotHawked wrote:It won't work. Pryor refuses to play WR because he says he "can't catch."

He has been at WR for a few years now with one 1,000 yard season under his belt.

Sarcasm on. :D

RICHMOND — Three years ago, Terrelle Pryor Sr. was a quarterback with tunnel vision. He could see no other career option. As he vied to make the Seattle Seahawks as a No. 3 QB, he squinted on a sunny Pacific Northwest day and refused to entertain the thought that, with his extraordinary size and athleticism, he could reinvent himself at another position.

“I don’t know how to catch,” Pryor told me in June 2014. “I don’t know how to run the ball as a running back. I’ve been a quarterback my whole life.”
    UGotHawked
    NET Starter

• King Dog wrote:
    UGotHawked wrote:It won't work. Pryor refuses to play WR because he says he "can't catch."

I assume sarcasm, because that was exactly what he said when we tried to switch him to WR and he refused.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• vin.couve12 wrote:
    Jville wrote:
    He turned down a four-year offer worth about $32 million from the Browns last season, and they immediately gave similar money to free agent flop Kenny Britt.
    Pryor signed a one-year deal with the Redskins, but was hurt most of the season there.

Link >>> http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/03/terrelle_pryor_visiting_the_se.html

He was benched before getting hurt, from what I have read. He was IR in week 9 No specifics though and that's the important part. There's no specifics.

Injuring his ankle in week two, he was limited to 20 catches for 240 yards and a TD.
    He underwent ankle surgery in November, and will be ready for offseason practices.

My understanding is that he started the 1st and 5th games but was effected by an ankle injury as of week two. In the end, the Redskins seemed to view him more as a role player than a starter. For some reason I think of him as a risk in Seattle. I can't visualize him as happy in a spread the ball around role instead of a full time go to starter. I tend to assume he is better off with Hue Jackson.

Terrelle Pryor, used sparingly Monday night, ponders his future with the Redskins >>> https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2017/10/24/terrelle-pryor-scarcely-used-monday-night-ponders-his-future-with-the-redskins/?utm_term=.ace610aed528
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• vin.couve12 wrote:
    Jville wrote:

He got hurt week 2 and played through it until going on IR week 9.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

• Jville wrote:

If he turned down 4 years $32M, then he needs a head examination.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Jville wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:
    Jville wrote:

Injuring his ankle in week two, he was limited to 20 catches for 240 yards and a TD.
    He underwent ankle surgery in November, and will be ready for offseason practices.

My understanding is that he started the 1st and 5th games but was effected by an ankle injury as of week two. In the end, the Redskins seemed to view him more as a role player than a starter. For some reason I think of him as a risk in Seattle. I can't visualize him as happy in a spread the ball around role instead of a full time go to starter. I tend to assume he is better off with Hue Jackson.

Terrelle Pryor, used sparingly Monday night, ponders his future with the Redskins >>> https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2017/10/24/terrelle-pryor-scarcely-used-monday-night-ponders-his-future-with-the-redskins/?utm_term=.ace610aed528

Much appreciated for the info. Your concerns seem valid. I don't know what we'd pay for this and I don't know how he would respond in this type of offense. Yes, we like to go vertical, but he'll also have to block and do all the other dirty work along with spreading the ball around. I look at that Cleveland highlight and it's apparent that he scares the hell out of a lot of corners. He's just flat out bigger, faster, stronger and it works even though he doesn't run good routes. If we offer him another 3M like the skins, I think the Browns offer much better. I don't know...
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/footb ... ashington/

He did have hands issue, dropped lots of balls?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• toffee wrote:https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/redskins-terrelle-pryor-flounders-in-washington/

He did have hands issue, dropped lots of balls?

Yeah, but Jimmy and PRich had dropped more balls than any receivers the Hawks have had in the last 15 years. You also see that you can put a pretty good 6'0 athletic corner on Pryor and he just dominates them physically. Not just in a Jimmy Graham way (size) or a PRich way (speed), but he does both regularly. He'll outrun, slow down, high point, push off, etc. Even when he's jogging or varying speed for an underthrown ball CBs have a real tough time with him.

Or at least they did two years ago. Dude is a pretty special athlete. I'm just not sure how much this is worth and it's still a gamble.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• vin.couve12 wrote:
    Jville wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:

Much appreciated for the info. Your concerns seem valid. I don't know what we'd pay for this and I don't know how he would respond in this type of offense. Yes, we like to go vertical, but he'll also have to block and do all the other dirty work along with spreading the ball around. I look at that Cleveland highlight and it's apparent that he scares the hell out of a lot of corners. He's just flat out bigger, faster, stronger and it works even though he doesn't run good routes. If we offer him another 3M like the skins, I think the Browns offer much better. I don't know...

The Redskins paid him $6M not $3M. $3M salary + $3M bonus = $6M for 2017.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:
    Jville wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:He was benched before getting hurt, from what I have read. He was IR in week 9 No specifics though and that's the important part. There's no specifics.

OK, so do we pay that much? Someone will.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• vin.couve12 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:
    Jville wrote:

No. Not IMO, too much risk for another guy that may or may not work out. We've done nothing at OL or RB yet, and that is our "priority" yet crickets. If they plan to finish those areas in the draft, we are screwed another season or longer IMO.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:Much appreciated for the info. Your concerns seem valid. I don't know what we'd pay for this and I don't know how he would respond in this type of offense. Yes, we like to go vertical, but he'll also have to block and do all the other dirty work along with spreading the ball around. I look at that Cleveland highlight and it's apparent that he scares the hell out of a lot of corners. He's just flat out bigger, faster, stronger and it works even though he doesn't run good routes. If we offer him another 3M like the skins, I think the Browns offer much better. I don't know...

No. Not IMO, too much risk for another guy that may or may not work out. We've done nothing at OL or RB yet, and that is our "priority" yet crickets. If they plan to finish those areas in the draft, we are screwed another season or longer IMO.

Same ish. We're lacking conviction in that already just like the last two years. It's like when a dude wants to get married to a good woman so they might have a chance at happiness in the long term and then some smoking hot sloot walks by.....
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• What a mismatch he would be. I hope they make this happen. Baldwin, Lockett, Pryor and Brown doesn't sound half bad.

Get a bad arse Guard and RB in the draft and we would be looking pretty good on offense.
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:Much appreciated for the info. Your concerns seem valid. I don't know what we'd pay for this and I don't know how he would respond in this type of offense. Yes, we like to go vertical, but he'll also have to block and do all the other dirty work along with spreading the ball around. I look at that Cleveland highlight and it's apparent that he scares the hell out of a lot of corners. He's just flat out bigger, faster, stronger and it works even though he doesn't run good routes. If we offer him another 3M like the skins, I think the Browns offer much better. I don't know...

The Thomas trade will cover the RB spot and OL with the draft picks we will get.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• IndyHawk wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

The Thomas trade will cover the RB spot and OL with the draft picks we will get.

Provided we seek a lobotomy in the OL / RB draft room, I agree. Not saying we don't try, just saying...odds are not in our favor. I'd rather draft the areas we are better at, and sign proven talent were we aren't. Oline and RB we suck at drafting. Cable gone will help, just how much we may be forced to observe until Pete is gone.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Wilson has a fantastic deep ball so this could work really well. I'm with vin, I'd say 3M max though given he got 6M last year.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:OK, so do we pay that much? Someone will.

Provided we seek a lobotomy in the OL / RB draft room, I agree. Not saying we don't try, just saying...odds are not in our favor. I'd rather draft the areas we are better at, and sign proven talent were we aren't. Oline and RB we suck at drafting. Cable gone will help, just how much we may be forced to observe until Pete is gone.

Get the ET trade done, I would love to see Isaiah Wynn & either Nick Chubb or Sony Michel. Get some winning pedigrees back in house! Just my .02
    12forlife
    NET Practice Squad

• We only had three routes in our tree last few seasons so it wouldn’t have been difficult for him to learn. Who knows what our offense looks like now though?
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

• Come to think of it, if we could sign Pryor for 30%-40% of what we paid Jimmy Graham, we are coming out ahead. Pryor creates mismatch due to his size and speed, same as Graham. Pryor dropped some balls, hey not like Graham didn't. Pryor probably couldn't block, guess what? So couldn't/wouldn't Graham.

toffee
    NET Veteran

• Pryor, Decker, Cody Latimer, Brice Butler or Mike Wallace seem like the best free agent fits remaining if they can be had for cheap and if they can't trade for Martavis Bryant.

Current depth:

Baldwin
    Lockett
    Brown
    Darboh
    Moore
    Marcus Johnson
    McEvoy
    Grayson

Dickson
    Vannett
    Swoopes
    massari
    NET Veteran

• Please no...just say no to Pryor. Dude is a complete waste of money.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• massari wrote:Pryor, Decker, Cody Latimer, Brice Butler or Mike Wallace seem like the best free agent fits remaining if they can be had for cheap and if they can't trade for Martavis Bryant.

Current depth:

Baldwin
    Lockett
    Brown
    Darboh
    Moore
    Marcus Johnson
    McEvoy
    Grayson

Dickson
    Vannett
    Swoopes
    Darboh and Vannett probably hasn’t work out the way Pete likes if the Hawks are signing TE and WRs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toffee
    NET Veteran

• toffee wrote:
    massari wrote:Pryor, Decker, Cody Latimer, Brice Butler or Mike Wallace seem like the best free agent fits remaining if they can be had for cheap and if they can't trade for Martavis Bryant.

Current depth:

Baldwin
    Lockett
    Brown
    Darboh
    Moore
    Marcus Johnson
    McEvoy
    Grayson

Dickson
    Vannett
    Swoopes
    Darboh and Vannett probably hasn’t work out the way Pete likes if the Hawks are signing TE and WRs.

Darboh was a rookie WR that actually started seeing a number of snaps last year. He probably played and was active more than Golden Tate was his rookie year with us. I would say that bodes well for his future. WR is a tough position to play early on in a career. I think they are just trying to get really competitive with the 4-6 receivers. And Vannett I believe is exactly what they thought he was. A solid number 2 TE that can start in a pinch. And with a team that is most likely going to run a ton of 2 TE sets under Shotty, that is a valuable piece. Signing Dickson doesn’t mean much as far as Vannett goes in my opinion. Under Shotty, they will need 2 good TE’s.
    pcbball12
    NET Veteran

• pcbball12 wrote:Marcus Johnson, Jaron Brown, now potentially Prior. Me thinks they are gettin back to classic Air Coryell. Guys that are vertical threats for a vertical passing attack. I like it. Develop a run game and kill teams vertically, that’s when we were at our best anyways. Get back to our roots.

Stubbornly thinking big play on most of the playaction looks was part of the problem. I'd like to see reliability of the offense improve and that comes from moving the chains, giving the O a chance to build rhythm, and getting more total plays so you can pick your spots to go deep. As much as taking most of a game to get more than a couple FGs on the board was a big problem, so was the propensity to put the D back out quickly and with at least the feeling of a small margin for error.
    That said, improving the ability to go downfield with speed and size helps open up everything else and makes opponents feel better about "just" giving up some first downs.
    purpleneer
    NET Starter

• toffee wrote:
    massari wrote:Pryor, Decker, Cody Latimer, Brice Butler or Mike Wallace seem like the best free agent fits remaining if they can be had for cheap and if they can't trade for Martavis Bryant.

Current depth:

Baldwin
    Lockett
    Brown
    Darboh
    Moore
    Marcus Johnson
    McEvoy
    Grayson

Dickson
    Vannett
    Swoopes

Seahawks will probably add at least 4 more wide receivers and 2 more tight ends to get to their annual training camp numbers.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Pryor is not an upgrade, and arguably a downgrade.

If we pick him up then it will be for a 1 year place holder deal.

This wouldn’t be anything to get excited over.
    AF_BASS_MAN
    NET Rookie

• Pryor had a great camp in Washington. Then hurt his ankle in week 2 and he tried to play on it for the rest of the year. However, I read a few stories and it sounds like he didn't try to hard to rehab himself either. Anything more than $4 million for him is far too much.
    SeadogEast
    NET Bench Warmer

• According to Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the former Browns wideout is visiting the Jets after wrapping up his trip to Seattle.http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -the-jets/

Last edited by massari on Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
    massari
    NET Veteran

• SeadogEast wrote:Pryor had a great camp in Washington. Then hurt his ankle in week 2 and he tried to play on it for the rest of the year. However, I read a few stories and it sounds like he didn't try to hard to rehab himself either. Anything more than $4 million for him is far too much.

Wasn't aware of that.

I've been kind of cold on the potential signing but that gives me a little hope. Although as usual, totally depends on the $$$.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• "Former #Redskins WR Terrelle Pryor has agreed to a two-year contract worth up to $10 million with the #Seahawks."

is this true ???
    Gio
    NET Rookie

• Gio wrote:"Former #Redskins WR Terrelle Pryor has agreed to a two-year contract worth up to $10 million with the #Seahawks."

is this true ???

Don’t think so, pretty sure he’s visiting the Jets after us. Where did you hear that from??
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

• Gio wrote:"Former #Redskins WR Terrelle Pryor has agreed to a two-year contract worth up to $10 million with the #Seahawks."

is this true ???

Were did you see that?
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• It’s a fake twitter account.
    naholmes
    NET Starter

• King Dog wrote:

Look up how many drops he had. He had a lot of targets and should have had a lot more than 77 catches.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

• I have trouble with "fake news".

I find it difficult to understand the twisted mindset of any individual who would create a fake twitter account to spread fake news. I suppose different strokes, etc. etc.; but it's BS for anyone to do this.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:25 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information