Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Sherman article

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Sherman article
Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:10 pm
  • https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us ... ree-agency

All the rumors of trying to keep him with a possible pay cut was wrong. Lost a lot of respect for Hawks front office today. Sherman did more for this team then anyone. The fans all loved him. He gave his all and as soon as he got hurt they kicked his ass out.
    RCATES
    NET Starter

• And he's(Sherman) still talking about it. :34853_doh:

PS This is gonna get moved in 3..2..1...
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• I fail to see the issue here...

They cut a player.

Happens all the time
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• twisted_steel2 wrote:And he's(Sherman) still talking about it. :34853_doh:

I'm glad he did. Local media tried to keep the Hawks in a good light on the matter. There was no light. It was dark as hell.
    RCATES
    NET Starter

• Inb4 Sherman is a liar, delusional, salty, etc.

We cut him straight up damn. Sucks.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• So . . . they didn't ask Sherman to take a pay cut. They never said they did.

He could have offered to do so, if he had wanted to, but apparently didn't.

I don't think he was ever going to take a pay cut.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Re: Sherman article
Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:22 pm
  • Yeah none of this is new information.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• RCATES wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:And he's(Sherman) still talking about it. :34853_doh:

I'm glad he did. Local media tried to keep the Hawks in a good light on the matter. There was no light. It was dark as hell.

There's no good light or bad light. It's business. EVERY player is going to eventually get cut, well unless they beat the team to it and retire first.

People are acting like this is some crazy evil Machiavellian scheme the Seahawks cooked up in their secret lair. It happens every year, that's the NFL.

Sherman's age, injury and attitude became not worth his salary to the Seahwks FO, as simple as that.
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:25 pm
  • Hang this high in the rafters at Century Link under this era of a championship and other accomplishments.

"The era that LOB built and RW destroyed"

No one will ever hold RW accountable though. Window closed the moment Russ threw that pick.
    RCATES
    NET Starter

Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:33 pm
  • RCATES wrote:Hang this high in the rafters at Century Link under this era of a championship and other accomplishments.

No one will ever hold RW accountable though. Window closed the moment Russ threw that pick.

I realize this is just a rant. But, I hope you don't blow a gasket. You do realize that prior to Sherman's release, Coach Chris Richard was probably also let go with out the option of a pay cut ..... don't you?
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:34 pm
  • RCATES wrote:Hang this high in the rafters at Century Link under this era of a championship and other accomplishments.

It's a team sport. LOB never would have won anything without Russell Wilson.

Also, not Russell's fault that horrible play call was concocted.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:37 pm
  • People need to take their fandom back a notch, step back and realize this is a business.

The rants on the sidelines, throwing coaches under the bus in the media, & getting in people's faces all comes with a cost. Squeaky wheel needs to be greased at times.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:43 pm
  • RCATES wrote:https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/richard-sherman-49ers-seahawks-free-agency

All the rumors of trying to keep him with a possible pay cut was wrong. Lost a lot of respect for Hawks front office today. Sherman did more for this team then anyone. The fans all loved him. He gave his all and as soon as he got hurt they kicked his ass out.

They took a gamble that he wouldn't get a better deal elsewhere and that they could bring him back by matching whatever he was able to get. He got more than they were willing to pay, so he's gone. This is how it goes in the NFL. It doesn't change my view of the team or of Sherman. They both did what they felt needed to be done.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• twisted_steel2 wrote:
    RCATES wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:And he's(Sherman) still talking about it. :34853_doh:

There's no good light or bad light. It's business. EVERY player is going to eventually get cut, well unless they beat the team to it and retire first.

People are acting like this is some crazy evil Machiavellian scheme the Seahawks cooked up in their secret lair. It happens every year, that's the NFL.

Sherman's age, injury and attitude became not worth his salary to the Seahwks FO, as simple as that.

I tend to agree.

Seahawks for number of reasons viewed him as expendable. He's allowed to make a living after he's cut.

I'm older than I'd like to admit and I've see the Niners say goodbye to guys like Ronnie Lott, Roger Craig, John Taylor, and Frank Gore. It stings.

My guess is the further the Seahawks fan base gets away from it the more sense it will make to them. I don't know what Sherman has left but this is just the way of the NFL. If you are going to be a fan of a team for any significant amount of time, this is the way of the world. Get used to it.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:50 pm
  • Every NFL team's ultimate priority is to win Super Bowls. That's why player transactions occur. You can't just go out and pay more for a guy than what he can contribute toward that goal, no matter what the reason. Great, he's played his whole career for us and is a legendary Seahawk player. But is that going to help us win a Super Bowl moving forward? Of course not. The past is the past. Time to move on. Welcome to the last 40 years of professional sports.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:56 pm

So dramatic
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:57 pm
  • It must be hard for some to comprehend that in the NFL you need to pay for what you will get from the player moving forward, NOT for what the player has done in the past.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:00 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    RCATES wrote:Hang this high in the rafters at Century Link under this era of a championship and other accomplishments.

So dramatic

Lol you like that? I understand I'm in the minority on this take but I stand by it. I should have added "BeastMode" with the LOB. 5 years from now we'll see if I was right.
    RCATES
    NET Starter

Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:02 pm
  • 2_0_6 wrote:It must be hard for some to comprehend that in the NFL you need to pay for what you will get from the player moving forward, NOT for what the player has done in the past.

Funny you should say that. Kam 100% was paid on his past performance's. Guys been MIA every since. Not talking about post-injury either.
    RCATES
    NET Starter

Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:03 pm
  • RCATES wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    RCATES wrote:Hang this high in the rafters at Century Link under this era of a championship and other accomplishments.

So dramatic

Lol you like that? I understand I'm in the minority on this take but I stand by it. I should have added "BeastMode" with the LOB. 5 years from now we'll see if I was right.

I don’t disagree with your premise. I think placing the blame on RW is off.

The throw? Definitely

However, Sherman’s exit is about the future not the present. Should we have done mote with a healthy LOB? Absolutely

But now the time is right to move on.

Sherman’s article is more about distancing himself, protecting himself.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:03 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:
    RCATES wrote:https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/richard-sherman-49ers-seahawks-free-agency

They took a gamble that he wouldn't get a better deal elsewhere and that they could bring him back by matching whatever he was able to get. He got more than they were willing to pay, so he's gone. This is how it goes in the NFL. It doesn't change my view of the team or of Sherman. They both did what they felt needed to be done.

This guy gets it. Good post sir! :2thumbs:
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:37 pm
  • RCATES wrote:
    2_0_6 wrote:It must be hard for some to comprehend that in the NFL you need to pay for what you will get from the player moving forward, NOT for what the player has done in the past.

Funny you should say that. Kam 100% was paid on his past performance's. Guys been MIA every since. Not talking about post-injury either.

Funny you should say that. That contract has put a major bind on our flexibility this season and next.

Pete and John learned from this and wont do it again. Hence Sherm goes bye bye
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:17 pm

If the defense that included RS, don’t give up a two score lead, the play would have never happened. Let’s hang that from the rafters, or we could just believe that crap happens, and it doesn’t always work out.
    It's about damn time #45 is in the HOF
    tacomahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:27 pm

Oh that's such bullshit.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:28 pm
  • RCATES wrote:
    2_0_6 wrote:It must be hard for some to comprehend that in the NFL you need to pay for what you will get from the player moving forward, NOT for what the player has done in the past.

Kam was elite in 2016 and 2017.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:41 pm
  • Sherm will rub Pete’s nose in this for the rest of his days
    World champs sb48

Aros wrote:

Wait, MizzouHawkGal is a DUDE??
    hawksincebirth
    NET Starter

• adeltaY wrote:Inb4 Sherman is a liar, delusional, salty, etc.

I see nothing wrong or out of the ordinary with what the Seahawks did and I'm not sure Sherman is trying to spin it that way, but this is still just one side of the story from someone who tried to perpetuate a lie in the absolute dumbest way possible by denying saying something at a recorded press conference. You'll never hear the other side and Sherman knows that.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:36 pm
  • Memories. Like the corners of my mind. Misty water-colored memories. Of the way we were...

Don't blame him for going to a division rival. He gave the Seahawks 7 good years, and they gave 7 to him. Apparently it was time to move on. I hope he can.
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:My guess is the further the Seahawks fan base gets away from it the more sense it will make to them. I don't know what Sherman has left but this is just the way of the NFL. If you are going to be a fan of a team for any significant amount of time, this is the way of the world. Get used to it.

Subtle 2012s diss. :lol: :lol:
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:56 pm
  • MrThortan wrote: Apparently it was time to move on. I hope he can.

Both on the Joe Thomas podcast and in his presser with the 9ers today he talked about but didn't seem particularly worked up about it.

My sense is that what we already know of Sherman will continue to be true: (1) he cooks up slights to motivate himself, and (2) at the end of the day he's a showman.

My guess is that the 2x times this year that the 9ers play the Seahawks he'll ham it up a little bit that week, but that beyond working as a motivational tactic it's not really a real thing for him.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• Seanhawk wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:Inb4 Sherman is a liar, delusional, salty, etc.

I see nothing wrong or out of the ordinary with what the Seahawks did and I'm not sure Sherman is trying to spin it that way, but this is still just one side of the story from someone who tried to perpetuate a lie in the absolute dumbest way possible by denying saying something at a recorded press conference. You'll never hear the other side and Sherman knows that.

Jim Moore and his fans REALLY need to get over it. Wonder which Hawk Moore will ambush in 2018?
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:04 pm
  • Shoot, I own a Wingstop in Seattle. And I highly doubt people there are gonna stop eating wings just because I don’t play football there anymore.

Absolutely hilarious! Lol

But on a serious note Sherman did the right thing and has every reason to be disappointed and want to stick it to the Seahawks twice a year after reading how it really went down.
    AF_BASS_MAN
    NET Rookie

Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:12 pm

This is pure ignorance.
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:Inb4 Sherman is a liar, delusional, salty, etc.

Jim Moore and his fans REALLY need to get over it. Wonder which Hawk Moore will ambush in 2018?

Hilarious if you think I'm a Jim Moore fan. I don't even listen to the guy. Barely know who he is.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:10 pm
  • I do not see anything wrong with this deal. Seattle wanted to keep him but not for what SF was willing to pay for him. Good for him.

He really doesn't really need to react to people hating him and burning his jersey, you are going to get those. Dude is a Seahawk for life. Go get paid, finish your career and when the time comes Seattle will welcome you back as our Hall of Famer.

A bad deal was the Hutch fiasco. Not this.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:48 pm
  • seahawkfreak wrote:I do not see anything wrong with this deal. Seattle wanted to keep him but not for what SF was willing to pay for him. Good for him.

He really doesn't really need to react to people hating him and burning his jersey, you are going to get those. Dude is a Seahawk for life. Go get paid, finish your career and when the time comes Seattle will welcome you back as our Hall of Famer.

That was all Ruskell telling Holmgren he was in charge basically, broke a promise no notification to let Holmgren know.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:02 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:I do not see anything wrong with this deal. Seattle wanted to keep him but not for what SF was willing to pay for him. Good for him.

That was all Ruskell telling Holmgren he was in charge basically, broke a promise no notification to let Holmgren know.

Yup and to be honest,,,,,,,most hate this but I still really appreciate Hutch's time here. I don't blame him. What a reckless fail on the FO.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:29 am
  • The most recent one was the crap he tried to pull with Felix Hernandez, and Felix just interrupted him and basically owned him. That being said, Sherm claiming he didn't say anything is pretty funny.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:33 am
  • MD5eahawks wrote:

This is pure ignorance.

These will be fun to bring back at the end of the upcoming season. How many more years do you need to see?

SB49 Wilson blows it with game ending pick
    2015 Hawks luck out on Walsh's missed game ending FG. Get shit on the following week in Carolina.
    2016 Get shit on in Atlanta
    2017 9-7 (NO PLAYOFFS) get shit on at home by a Arizona team full of back-ups to end the season.

Maybe after not making the Postseason this year some of you will open your eyes. Its over.

Last 5 years.........
    13-3
    12-4
    10-6
    10-5-1
    9-7
    I'll put $100 dollars Hawks finish 8-8 or worse this year. Trend continue's.
    RCATES
    NET Starter

Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:02 am
  • To be clear...

You're hoping this blows up on the Hawks so you can be right that "it's over", as reflected in your "this will be fun" and "i'll put $100"

you are genuinely rooting against the team success at this point

That's the spirit
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:37 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:To be clear...

You're hoping this blows up on the Hawks so you can be right that "it's over", as reflected in your "this will be fun" and "i'll put $100"

That's the spirit

LOL.

I know...its like, do you really wanna be right that bad?

As a Niners fan I can't say believably that I want the Seahawks to come back just as good as before, but I do miss that rivalry for a few years.

Those defenses were just ferocious. It was old school football.

Whatever the new generation is of Seahawks football, it likely won't resemble the old one much at all...much like SF.

If the Niners thrive, it will be on the back of Kyle Shanahan, Jimmy Garopplo and a young defense. The Rams are now a force to be reckoned with with McVay, Goff and....a good but slightly older defense.

Division is changing. Seahawks still have Wilson in his prime, but don't know if they have the young offensive mind (tho finally parting with Bevell was a good start) and a D that needs to be rebuilt.

Should be fun to watch. I personally don't think the Rams are running away with it. I'm not writing off the 'hawks just yet either.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:38 am
  • RCATES wrote:
    MD5eahawks wrote:

This is pure ignorance.

These will be fun to bring back at the end of the upcoming season. How many more years do you need to see?

2015 Hawks luck out on Walsh's missed game ending FG. Get shit on the following week in Carolina.
    2017 9-7 (NO PLAYOFFS) get shit on at home by a Arizona team full of back-ups to end the season.

Maybe after not making the Postseason this year some of you will open your eyes. Its over.

Last 5 years.........
    13-3
    12-4
    10-6
    10-5-1
    9-7

It sounds like you want the Hawks to fail?

twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:53 am
  • RCATES wrote:
    MD5eahawks wrote:

This is pure ignorance.

Last 5 years.........
    13-3
    12-4
    10-6
    10-5-1
    9-7

Whats the trend here??? Oh that's right, the defense got old and injured.

Even more the reason not to keep an $11million dollar CB coming off two Achilles surgeries.

#winning
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:26 am
  • RCATES wrote:
    MD5eahawks wrote:

This is pure ignorance.

Last 5 years.........
    13-3
    12-4
    10-6
    10-5-1
    9-7

Spin that any way you wish. One could point directly to many correlating events to the trend of this team.
    Quinn leaving
    Highest paid O-line to scrap heap O-line
    The price of a franchise QB contract
    The price of maintaining the stars of the defense
    Changing the rules on how an O-line can block (pretty big one there)
    Lets not forget the age and injury of that LOB
    Off. Cord and O-line coach that never seemed to get too creative

Wilson is not without fault. No one is. But to blame Wilson for it is just unabashed ignorance.

"$100 for the Hawks to finish 8-8 or worse" is just as ignorant. Who in their right mind would take that with the turnover this team is going through.
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:26 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:To be clear...

That's the spirit

Not at all. I've been a season ticket holder (club level) since 2009. I just see the light and whats happening. Trending in the wrong direction.

Nothing wrong with holding out hope that this team will still win another championship with this core of players. I just don't see that happening at all.

Main reason: Russel Wilson
    I just don't like what I see from him at all. Last year just made it even more clear. Considering all the other bad QB's in the league are we lucky to have him? Absolutely. I just don't consider him the type of QB that can win a championship without a lot of help. This is why I don't consider him in the top 5. I'd take Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Ryan, Wentz, Rivers,Cousins, Stafford, Roethlisberger all over him. He's just too short and struggles to see the field. The style in which he has to play in to make his reads will cause him to have a short career.
    RCATES
    NET Starter

Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:32 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:To be clear...

That's the spirit

LOL.

As a Niners fan I can't say believably that I want the Seahawks to come back just as good as before, but I do miss that rivalry for a few years.

Whatever the new generation is of Seahawks football, it likely won't resemble the old one much at all...much like SF.

If the Niners thrive, it will be on the back of Kyle Shanahan, Jimmy Garopplo and a young defense. The Rams are now a force to be reckoned with with McVay, Goff and....a good but slightly older defense.

Division is changing. Seahawks still have Wilson in his prime, but don't know if they have the young offensive mind (tho finally parting with Bevell was a good start) and a D that needs to be rebuilt.

Should be fun to watch. I personally don't think the Rams are running away with it. I'm not writing off the 'hawks just yet either.

1-11 including 9 losses in a row will do that to a rivalry.
    RCATES
    NET Starter

Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:33 am
  • RCATES wrote:

That's the spirit

Not at all. I've been a season ticket holder (club level) since 2009. I just see the light and whats happening. Trending in the wrong direction.

Nothing wrong with holding out hope that this team will still win another championship with this core of players. I just don't see that happening at all.

Main reason: Russel Wilson
    I just don't like what I see from him at all. Last year just made it even more clear. Considering all the other bad QB's in the league are we lucky to have him? Absolutely. I just don't consider him the type of QB that can win a championship without a lot of help. This is why I don't consider him in the top 5. I'd take Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Ryan, Wentz, Rivers,Cousins, Stafford, Roethlisberger all over him. He's just too short and struggles to see the field. The style in which he has to play in to make his reads will cause him to have a short career.

If, by "help" you mean solid defense then none of the QBs you've listed have won a championship without it.
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:51 am
  • RCATES wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

That's the spirit

LOL.

Is that what its up to now?

Quite honestly I didn't even know what it was. When your team craters that significantly you stop really paying attention to divisional records. You just start wondering if they can win ANY game.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:58 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    RCATES wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

That's the spirit

LOL.

Is that what its up to now?

Quite honestly I didn't even know what it was. When your team craters that significantly you stop really paying attention to divisional records. You just start wondering if they can win ANY game.

It came really fast didn't it. I sure do miss seeing JH on the sideline yelling in his Kaky pants. Niners had to be bad for a few years to be where there at today. I still believe the Rams are the best by far in the NFC West but you guys are right on their heels. I expect the tide to turn this year on the Rivalry. Wouldn't be surprised if we got swept by the Niners this year.
    RCATES
    NET Starter

Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:58 am
  • RCATES wrote:

Thanks for proving his point?
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 7:00 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information