Happens all the time

OP
OP
R

RCATES

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":2nt2czrl said:
And he's(Sherman) still talking about it. :34853_doh:

PS This is gonna get moved in 3..2..1...

I'm glad he did. Local media tried to keep the Hawks in a good light on the matter. There was no light. It was dark as hell.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
So . . . they didn't ask Sherman to take a pay cut. They never said they did.

He could have offered to do so, if he had wanted to, but apparently didn't.

I don't think he was ever going to take a pay cut.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
RCATES":1nxaubar said:
twisted_steel2":1nxaubar said:

I'm glad he did. Local media tried to keep the Hawks in a good light on the matter. There was no light. It was dark as hell.

There's no good light or bad light. It's business. EVERY player is going to eventually get cut, well unless they beat the team to it and retire first.

People are acting like this is some crazy evil Machiavellian scheme the Seahawks cooked up in their secret lair. It happens every year, that's the NFL.

Sherman's age, injury and attitude became not worth his salary to the Seahwks FO, as simple as that.

OP
OP
R

RCATES

Reaction score
Hang this high in the rafters at Century Link under this era of a championship and other accomplishments.

"The era that LOB built and RW destroyed"

No one will ever hold RW accountable though. Window closed the moment Russ threw that pick.

Jville

Reaction score
RCATES":1pn2gkrc said:
Hang this high in the rafters at Century Link under this era of a championship and other accomplishments.

No one will ever hold RW accountable though. Window closed the moment Russ threw that pick.

I realize this is just a rant. But, I hope you don't blow a gasket. You do realize that prior to Sherman's release, Coach Chris Richard was probably also let go with out the option of a pay cut ..... don't you?

hawknation2018

Reaction score
RCATES":1dfx7g87 said:

It's a team sport. LOB never would have won anything without Russell Wilson.

Also, not Russell's fault that horrible play call was concocted.

2_0_6

Reaction score
People need to take their fandom back a notch, step back and realize this is a business.

The rants on the sidelines, throwing coaches under the bus in the media, & getting in people's faces all comes with a cost. Squeaky wheel needs to be greased at times.

kidhawk

Reaction score
RCATES":3kpf01qr said:
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/richard-sherman-49ers-seahawks-free-agency

All the rumors of trying to keep him with a possible pay cut was wrong. Lost a lot of respect for Hawks front office today. Sherman did more for this team then anyone. The fans all loved him. He gave his all and as soon as he got hurt they kicked his ass out.

They took a gamble that he wouldn't get a better deal elsewhere and that they could bring him back by matching whatever he was able to get. He got more than they were willing to pay, so he's gone. This is how it goes in the NFL. It doesn't change my view of the team or of Sherman. They both did what they felt needed to be done.

Marvin49

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":ct6ykx1g said:
RCATES":ct6ykx1g said:
twisted_steel2":ct6ykx1g said:

There's no good light or bad light. It's business. EVERY player is going to eventually get cut, well unless they beat the team to it and retire first.

People are acting like this is some crazy evil Machiavellian scheme the Seahawks cooked up in their secret lair. It happens every year, that's the NFL.

Sherman's age, injury and attitude became not worth his salary to the Seahwks FO, as simple as that.

I tend to agree.

Seahawks for number of reasons viewed him as expendable. He's allowed to make a living after he's cut.

I'm older than I'd like to admit and I've see the Niners say goodbye to guys like Ronnie Lott, Roger Craig, John Taylor, and Frank Gore. It stings.

My guess is the further the Seahawks fan base gets away from it the more sense it will make to them. I don't know what Sherman has left but this is just the way of the NFL. If you are going to be a fan of a team for any significant amount of time, this is the way of the world. Get used to it.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Every NFL team's ultimate priority is to win Super Bowls. That's why player transactions occur. You can't just go out and pay more for a guy than what he can contribute toward that goal, no matter what the reason. Great, he's played his whole career for us and is a legendary Seahawk player. But is that going to help us win a Super Bowl moving forward? Of course not. The past is the past. Time to move on. Welcome to the last 40 years of professional sports.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
RCATES":1zi1przx said:

So dramatic

2_0_6

Reaction score
It must be hard for some to comprehend that in the NFL you need to pay for what you will get from the player moving forward, NOT for what the player has done in the past.

OP
OP
R

RCATES

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1engwn3c said:
RCATES":1engwn3c said:

So dramatic

Lol you like that? I understand I'm in the minority on this take but I stand by it. I should have added "BeastMode" with the LOB. 5 years from now we'll see if I was right.

OP
OP
R

RCATES

Reaction score
2_0_6":17103z37 said:
It must be hard for some to comprehend that in the NFL you need to pay for what you will get from the player moving forward, NOT for what the player has done in the past.

Funny you should say that. Kam 100% was paid on his past performance's. Guys been MIA every since. Not talking about post-injury either.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
RCATES":1hfkifi2 said:
Uncle Si":1hfkifi2 said:
RCATES":1hfkifi2 said:

So dramatic

Lol you like that? I understand I'm in the minority on this take but I stand by it. I should have added "BeastMode" with the LOB. 5 years from now we'll see if I was right.

I don’t disagree with your premise. I think placing the blame on RW is off.

The throw? Definitely

However, Sherman’s exit is about the future not the present. Should we have done mote with a healthy LOB? Absolutely

But now the time is right to move on.

Sherman’s article is more about distancing himself, protecting himself.