Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Michael Bennett indicted by Harris County grand jury

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Jville wrote:

    "Morally bankrupt"

    Per Acevedo, following the conclusion of the Super Bowl LII game, Bennett allegedly forcibly pushed his way through locked doors at a tunnel that wasn't permissible as access to the general public.

    Bennett did not have the proper credentials that would have allowed him field access following the game. He was believed, Acevedo said, to have been drinking alcohol that evening.

    Acevedo said that "in an attempt to push his way and force his way into the field" Bennett opened the doors, pushed back one 28-year old female, a male and a 66-year-old paraplegic woman — all members of the stadium's security team, and pushed her and his assault "actually caused injury ... sprain of her shoulder."

    Per Acevedo, Bennett's felony charge is related to the assault on the 66-year old woman.

    "He is morally bankrupt," Acevedo of Bennett.

    Acevedo implored Bennett to turn himself into the Houston authorities.

    "We ask Bennett to turn himself in as soon as possible," Acevedo said.

    Later, he added: "If we find him on the streets, we’re going to arrest him." --- http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2018/03/michael_bennett_indictment.html



    Wait, two women? Did I miss something in the reading?
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 105301
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


  • *MOD EDIT*

    I don't know what happened, but it sounds a bit off base for him.
    lobohawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 866
    Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:22 am


  • HawkGA wrote:
    Wait, two women? Did I miss something in the reading?



    There were two women and one male employee who were supposedly who he pushed his way through. The charge is only on the one as she was actually injured. At least that's what the grand jury decided there was enough evidence to go forward with charges on.
    Image

    “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 19489
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • kidhawk wrote:
    Chapow wrote:
    BamKam wrote:
    Chapow wrote:
    Who said anything about it being OK to shove and injure anyone? I sure didn't see that anywhere in this thread.


    I didn't specifically say THIS thread.


    OK, I'll rephrase.

    Who said anything about it being OK to shove and injure anyone?

    Questioning whether or not someone is fit to do a certain job is vastly different than saying it's OK to shove and injure that person.


    The real issue here should have nothing to do with whether or not anyone here believes someone should or shouldn't have any particular job. If Bennett pushed his way past anybody to get onto the field illegally, then the consequences of those actions lie solely on his shoulders. Being a stadium worker isn't exactly a high paying gig. You can't expect everyone in that line of work to have exemplary qualifications. They are not there to stop people from getting on the field, only to direct people to where they should be. In this case, it's being said that Bennett didn't listen to the direction and instead pushed his way through an area he (or perhaps anyone) wasn't allowed. If that is what happened, then that really is on him, not the people there trying to direct him.

    Obviously there is a lot of information that is yet to come out, so we shouldn't make our minds up 100% yet, because we don't know every circumstance, but we really shouldn't be calling out the qualifications of people who are just trying to do a job and earn a few bucks.

    Personally, I think this is more of a civil matter that should be resolved in civil court, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it end up there before all is said and done.

    I will say though, that I'm glad this is Eagles drama and not Seahawks drama, because even when we don't have actual drama, things are dramatic enough around here


    This is not a civil matter...it's criminal. If he was told No and pushed by people causing injury this is an assault. You are right it may end up civil.. after all Bennett could of bought that entire place so he has deep pockets obviously. Hope the worker he injured digs into those pockets and gets at least a bit of his cash. I suspect he will pay them off and avoid prosecution. He will make himself out to be the victim.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    User avatar
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5997
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


  • Cyrus12 wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:
    Chapow wrote:
    BamKam wrote:
    I didn't specifically say THIS thread.


    OK, I'll rephrase.

    Who said anything about it being OK to shove and injure anyone?

    Questioning whether or not someone is fit to do a certain job is vastly different than saying it's OK to shove and injure that person.


    The real issue here should have nothing to do with whether or not anyone here believes someone should or shouldn't have any particular job. If Bennett pushed his way past anybody to get onto the field illegally, then the consequences of those actions lie solely on his shoulders. Being a stadium worker isn't exactly a high paying gig. You can't expect everyone in that line of work to have exemplary qualifications. They are not there to stop people from getting on the field, only to direct people to where they should be. In this case, it's being said that Bennett didn't listen to the direction and instead pushed his way through an area he (or perhaps anyone) wasn't allowed. If that is what happened, then that really is on him, not the people there trying to direct him.

    Obviously there is a lot of information that is yet to come out, so we shouldn't make our minds up 100% yet, because we don't know every circumstance, but we really shouldn't be calling out the qualifications of people who are just trying to do a job and earn a few bucks.

    Personally, I think this is more of a civil matter that should be resolved in civil court, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it end up there before all is said and done.

    I will say though, that I'm glad this is Eagles drama and not Seahawks drama, because even when we don't have actual drama, things are dramatic enough around here


    This is not a civil matter...it's criminal. If he was told No and pushed by people causing injury this is an assault. You are right it may end up civil.. after all Bennett could of bought that entire place so he has deep pockets obviously. Hope the worker he injured digs into those pockets and gets at least a bit of his cash. I suspect he will pay them off and avoid prosecution. He will make himself out to be the victim.


    I understand that it's criminal, which is why there's a grand jury involvement. I just have a feeling that it likely won't get to far in criminal proceedings, and knowing there's an injury, I feel no matter what happens criminally, there will be a civil issue to follow.
    Image

    “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 19489
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • 2_0_6 wrote:
    replicant wrote:



    "You don't want a bunch of Russell Wilson's in the locker room, sometimes you need some thugs".


    Nice.

    Image
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    User avatar
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6663
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:41 am
    Location: Ballard


  • kidhawk wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:
    Wait, two women? Did I miss something in the reading?



    There were two women and one male employee who were supposedly who he pushed his way through. The charge is only on the one as she was actually injured. At least that's what the grand jury decided there was enough evidence to go forward with charges on.


    Just read the snippet that was in the post I quoted. Doh!
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 105301
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


  • kidhawk wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:
    Chapow wrote:
    OK, I'll rephrase.

    Who said anything about it being OK to shove and injure anyone?

    Questioning whether or not someone is fit to do a certain job is vastly different than saying it's OK to shove and injure that person.


    The real issue here should have nothing to do with whether or not anyone here believes someone should or shouldn't have any particular job. If Bennett pushed his way past anybody to get onto the field illegally, then the consequences of those actions lie solely on his shoulders. Being a stadium worker isn't exactly a high paying gig. You can't expect everyone in that line of work to have exemplary qualifications. They are not there to stop people from getting on the field, only to direct people to where they should be. In this case, it's being said that Bennett didn't listen to the direction and instead pushed his way through an area he (or perhaps anyone) wasn't allowed. If that is what happened, then that really is on him, not the people there trying to direct him.

    Obviously there is a lot of information that is yet to come out, so we shouldn't make our minds up 100% yet, because we don't know every circumstance, but we really shouldn't be calling out the qualifications of people who are just trying to do a job and earn a few bucks.

    Personally, I think this is more of a civil matter that should be resolved in civil court, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it end up there before all is said and done.

    I will say though, that I'm glad this is Eagles drama and not Seahawks drama, because even when we don't have actual drama, things are dramatic enough around here


    This is not a civil matter...it's criminal. If he was told No and pushed by people causing injury this is an assault. You are right it may end up civil.. after all Bennett could of bought that entire place so he has deep pockets obviously. Hope the worker he injured digs into those pockets and gets at least a bit of his cash. I suspect he will pay them off and avoid prosecution. He will make himself out to be the victim.


    I understand that it's criminal, which is why there's a grand jury involvement. I just have a feeling that it likely won't get to far in criminal proceedings, and knowing there's an injury, I feel no matter what happens criminally, there will be a civil issue to follow.


    Definitely! There always is!
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    User avatar
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5997
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


  • themunn wrote:Injury to the elderly is a felony win a maximum 10 year prison sentence?

    That
    Is
    Mad

    I have to say though, you shouldn't be working as a steward to control access if you can be that easily injured. The whole point is surely that you can control access through physical means if needed. Hence why you don't have 66 year old bouncers

    Edit: Just read paraplegic too. I'm definitely not saying he deserved it or that MB is not in the wrong, but that is totally the wrong choice of person for the job, as evidence shows

    Bennett's a highly paid professional who's job is to force his way past other highly paid huge professional athletes. No event staff should be expected to stand up to him much less an elderly paraplegic woman in a largely ceremonial position. Only a complete imbecile would believe otherwise.
    Last edited by brimsalabim on Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4124
    Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:50 am


  • Chief of Police Art Acevedo spoke at length about the alleged situation. Here’s a recap of what he had to say.

    Acevedo said there is no video or photographic evidence of Bennett pushing anyone. He says one officer witnessed the alleged incident take place.
    Acevedo said Bennett pushed one male security guard and one female security guard before pushing a 66-year-old black female paraplegic female security guard. He said the officer who tried to detain Bennett had his attention on the elderly woman and lost track of Bennett in the large amount of people who were on the field.
    Acevedo claims Bennett said “F*** you” to the officer trying to detain him. He also claims Bennett said “You all must know who I am, I could own this motherf***er.”
    Acevedo said he suspects Bennett could have been under the influence of alcohol.
    Acevedo said the elderly woman suffered a sprained shoulder.
    Acevedo described Bennett as “morally bankrupt” for “putting [his] hands on a little old lady.”
    Acevedo called for Bennett to “turn himself in as soon as possible.”
    Acevedo said the Houston PD has been in touch with the NFL.
    Acevedo said the reason why this indictment came to light 14 months after the alleged incident is because the department had to prioritize their cases.

    https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/201 ... hia-eagles
    User avatar
    replicant
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 255
    Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:05 pm
    Location: WA


  • His deal is done here right? The Eagles can't claim he has a severely sprained brain and back out of the trade can they?
    User avatar
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4124
    Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:50 am


  • replicant wrote:


    Ok I can get why people are upset but let’s not get too carried away... what is considered a “shove” in this context ?
    User avatar
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3975
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm


  • brimsalabim wrote:His deal is done here right? The Eagles can't claim he has a severely sprained brain and back out of the trade can they?


    No, they can’t.
    www.hawk-talk.com

    Image

    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    User avatar
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 3161
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


  • glad he's off the Seahawks, and I was way before this happened

    Man of the Year....lol
    fire_marshall_bill
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 103
    Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:03 pm
    Location: AZ


  • therealjohncarlson wrote:
    replicant wrote:


    Ok I can get why people are upset but let’s not get too carried away... what is considered a “shove” in this context ?


    What if for some reason NFL referees were responsible for determining what a “shove” is?

    Ground can’t cause a shove. He bobbled the shoulder, not a shove. While going to the ground, didn’t maintain possession of dignity, it’s a shove. Index card says it’s a shove. No indisputable evidence to overturn the call on the field.

    Mistrial.
    Last edited by Coug_Hawk08 on Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4319
    Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:26 am




  • Video link to today's police press conference >>> https://www.pscp.tv/w/1djGXdYMObkGZ
    Last edited by Jville on Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 7857
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • There's a dog in Tampa that just pumped his paw in the air and paw bumped his brosefs in the kennels.
    User avatar
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2715
    Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:08 pm


  • UK_Seahawk wrote:There's a dog in Tampa that just pumped his paw in the air and paw bumped his brosefs in the kennels.


    Now this is some quality Michael Bennett history.

    Bennett leaves and we get Barkevious Mingo on the team... coincidence? I THINK NOT.
    User avatar
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1799
    Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:37 am
    Location: Wenatchee


  • original poster wrote:
    brimsalabim wrote:His deal is done here right? The Eagles can't claim he has a severely sprained brain and back out of the trade can they?


    No, they can’t.


    Just to add to this, the only way out of a trade is by way of a failed physical.
    www.hawk-talk.com

    Image

    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    User avatar
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 3161
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


  • replicant wrote:Chief of Police Art Acevedo spoke at length about the alleged situation. Here’s a recap of what he had to say.

    Acevedo said there is no video or photographic evidence of Bennett pushing anyone. He says one officer witnessed the alleged incident take place.
    Acevedo said Bennett pushed one male security guard and one female security guard before pushing a 66-year-old black female paraplegic female security guard. He said the officer who tried to detain Bennett had his attention on the elderly woman and lost track of Bennett in the large amount of people who were on the field.
    Acevedo claims Bennett said “F*** you” to the officer trying to detain him. He also claims Bennett said “You all must know who I am, I could own this motherf***er.”
    Acevedo said he suspects Bennett could have been under the influence of alcohol.
    Acevedo said the elderly woman suffered a sprained shoulder.
    Acevedo described Bennett as “morally bankrupt” for “putting [his] hands on a little old lady.”
    Acevedo called for Bennett to “turn himself in as soon as possible.”
    Acevedo said the Houston PD has been in touch with the NFL.
    Acevedo said the reason why this indictment came to light 14 months after the alleged incident is because the department had to prioritize their cases.

    https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/201 ... hia-eagles


    Never mind.

    Not even worth trying to discuss this here.
    Last edited by Chapow on Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    Chapow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2632
    Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:38 pm


  • All I will say is I told you so.
    Hasselbeck wrote:Matt Flynn should be our starter. Wilson is nothing more than a backup and will never amount to anything in this league.
    User avatar
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3391
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am


  • There were at least 4 witnesses of what happened(The policeman and the three guards). A grand jury decided there was enough evidence to prosecute. I'm thinking this isn't something they just made up out of thin air.
    They already said why this is being taken care of now. They had other cases to prioritize before this one. Bennet has shown who he is. Glad he is gone.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1585
    Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 7:21 pm


  • Houston PD tipped their hand with the faux moral outrage in 'morally bankrupt'.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3063
    Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:21 pm


  • mrt144 wrote:Houston PD tipped their hand with the faux moral outrage in 'morally bankrupt'.

    What do you mean by tipped their hand? And why are you saying Houston PD?
    Edit never mind on the Houston PD didn't realize this took place in Houston. I'm still confused by what you mean by tipped their hand though.
    Last edited by Natethegreat on Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1585
    Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 7:21 pm


  • original poster wrote:
    original poster wrote:
    brimsalabim wrote:His deal is done here right? The Eagles can't claim he has a severely sprained brain and back out of the trade can they?


    No, they can’t.


    Just to add to this, the only way out of a trade is by way of a failed physical.

    Physical exam not mental exam right?
    User avatar
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4124
    Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:50 am


  • This is the last reminder. The few of you who continue to post stuff about his previous run in with the law or his anthem protests are going to get this thread locked. Keep this thread on the topic of Michael Bennett being charged in this case.
    Image

    “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 19489
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • I wonder of the Eagles will release him?? Players have been let go for a lot less. I can't see that franchise which could win another sb wanting this guy around. Or will he just get away with it and cry the victim act??
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    User avatar
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5997
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


  • Easy does it ........ ....... no impact on the trade.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 7857
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • Cyrus12 wrote:I wonder of the Eagles will release him?? Players have been let go for a lot less. I can't see that franchise which could win another sb wanting this guy around. Or will he just get away with it and cry the victim act??


    So long the Eagles can't return him to us.

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1075
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:44 pm


  • This just feels off. The man has a field pass, going on word of mouth over a year later, and with all the grandstanding by the leos. Nah man.

    So much coded language from the police chief.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2246
    Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 1:45 pm


  • kobebryant wrote:This just feels off. The man has a field pass, going on word of mouth over a year later, and with all the grandstanding by the leos. Nah man.

    So much coded language from the police chief.


    What coded language? There were other witnesses present including the victim. This is not a conspiracy....He was clearly acting like a self entitled dirtbag.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    User avatar
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5997
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


  • Pmedic didn't you work at that game?
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3975
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


  • JGfromtheNW wrote:If it was such a serious ordeal, and the Police Chief is going suggest Bennett broke the law by trespassing AND intentionally putting his hands on/injuring an elderly woman, why wasn't he arrested at the stadium?

    I've never heard of someone breaking the law, let alone numerous laws, at a stadium and then just going on their merry way. I've seen people FLEE after sucker punching people at football games, but I have a hard time believing this was such a big deal and they just let him go down to the field and enjoy the rest of his time there with no repercussions.


    He's a 6' 4" and 274 lb (allegedly intoxicated) NFL defensive lineman who makes a living getting past professional football players much bigger, stronger, and faster than 2 mortal humans and a senior citizen in a wheel chair. You realize this was the Superbowl and not a sleepy afternoon at the park right?

    The Superbowl has finished, bedlam is breaking out on the field with one team running around screaming like chickens with their heads cut off and the other team attempting to slink off the field with their heads down Coaches are trying to corral the players to get them ready for the speeches and presentation of the Lombardi, 120 people in yellow windbreakers are (likely unsuccessfully) attempting to keep fans from storming the field, hundreds of media / cameramen are running around attempting to get everything on film and players lined up to interview, fireworks are going off, balloons are going up while steamers, and tons of confetti are coming down from the rafters, etc, etc, etc. I doubt security / sheriff / police could of located Bennett to arrest at the time anyway.

    He's an over privileged loud mouth who deserves the indictment. With as much as he's gone out of his way to piss the commish off during his career, even if he does get away with this somehow I doubt if Goodell will treat him lightly.

    He'll get what he deserves either way. Time will tell what that will be.

    Having said that, I just find it unbelievable no one in the NFL or the teams knew this had happened. (unless there is a gag order in effect while the grand jury is deciding to indict).
    Image
    R.I.P. Cortez
    User avatar
    lsheldon
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1166
    Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:04 pm
    Location: Everett WA


  • Cyrus12 wrote:
    kobebryant wrote:This just feels off. The man has a field pass, going on word of mouth over a year later, and with all the grandstanding by the leos. Nah man.

    So much coded language from the police chief.


    What coded language? There were other witnesses present including the victim. This is not a conspiracy....He was clearly acting like a self entitled dirtbag.


    Some are going to struggle with this news and hear what they want to hear as well as read what they want to read into statements. For example, Bennett presented no credentials or field pass because the Texans staff didn't issue him any for that Super Bowl game. He status was that of a spectator. And as such was subject to the same rules and directives as any other spectator. There are reasons security keeps designated doors locked.

    The announcement and news conference is posted above. And, in any case, a Grand Jury has indited him. It is now in the hands of the court.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 7857
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • The courts and lawyers take a whole lot of time to process stuff so it's no surprise to me this is just now coming up
    What is a surprise is how hr thought he was above everyone else and tens of thousands of people there would make it hard to arrest anyone at that time
    Glad it's not our prob
    What are you
    I'm a mog , half man , half dog
    I'm my own best friend
    User avatar
    hawxfreak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 516
    Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:04 pm
    Location: The Burbs in Lacey


  • Not surprising in the slightest that "Woe is me" character is now telling people "Do you even know who I am?"

    You're nobody to be honest, and no you can't do anything, the world doesn't work like that thankfully.

    I honestly can't believe there are people still defending this clown in this thread.

    Actions will always speak louder than words and I am thrilled we moved on from this guy, good riddance.
    Image
    Russell Wilson isn't the problem, the coaching staff IS.
    User avatar
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4279
    Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:33 pm
    Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)


  • Not going to judge until all of evidence is revealed.

    Im a big fan of Bennett but im really glad this is not a Seahawk problem.
    User avatar
    rcaido
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 506
    Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:47 pm


  • Houston already has convicted him if you buy into the Chiefs perspective, bedlam had ensued and he was trying to get to his brother, probably tossed a few back, he may have pushed his way thru to get to the field, but they are acting like he body slammed and hip tossed people out of the way, you and I would not have been given a second look if we got by.

    This is a chase for cash by the people involved.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 24747
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • IndyHawk wrote:Pmedic didn't you work at that game?


    I did not work the game.

    I did see, meet, and briefly speak with MB though.
    Image

    I’ll add this for a little clarification.
    The way I understand the scenario, the injured party was not necessarily working as a “security guard” she was checking credentials at one of the on field access points.
    MB’s credential did not match that particular access point. He was directed to the access point that did match his credentials, it was at that time the “incident” took place.

    I’ll also add this for those that may be unaware.

    MB, and his brother, are both HOUSTON boys, they went to High School here.

    It’s my honest opinion, that the Houston PD is not “out to get” MB.
    Having a working knowledge of how things happen around here, I’d bet that the PD & DA did all they could to avoid putting this before the Grand Jury.
    I don’t have anything solid to validate that opinion but I do have strong reason to believe it fully.

    Remember there is a big difference in a true “security guard”, and a person checking credentials in an already secured area.
    MB would have never gotten to that point without very strong credentials.
    He apparently simply didn’t like being told that he need to use a different access point.

    I like many am glad this isn’t a Seahawk Issue even though he was a Hawk at the time.

    I don’t think he should get the “max” if found guilty. I do think he should me made uncomfortable though.

    I suspect that some form of “bargain” will be reached, and I doubt this ever actually goes to trial. MB better pray that it doesn’t, because becoming a convicted felon ain’t nothing nice. That would change his life substantially.

    YMMV.


    Edit:
    In case I wasn’t clear.

    Credentials would have been checked at least twice, and possibly 3-4 times before MB got to the point of actual “on field” access.
    He was well behind the lines of “public” access.
    This lady, although working for Stadium “security” was not working as a “security guard”.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    User avatar
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 16921
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


  • Think that this incident just might keep him out of the ROH?
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7237
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:13 pm
    Location: Puyallup, WA USA


  • I'm glad that this isn't the Seahawks' problem.
    User avatar
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1939
    Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:56 pm


  • What the heck?

    I don’t even remember hearing a report about this, and suddenly he’s been indicted by a grand jury on a felony charge?

    I think that if anything he should have been found guilty of trying to intentially end an offensive lineman’s career by rolling on his ankles over and over again last season during one of our losses more than this lol.

    Bennett tries to end careers and abuses the crippled elderly. What a role model....

    Loved him while he was here, happier now that he’s gone.
    AF_BASS_MAN
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 114
    Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:11 pm


  • Not to dismiss what Bennett did But it isnt clearly stated that this is a case of felony assault or that Bemnett intended to hurt the staff. Just that his misbehavior resulted in some degree of injury.
    Probably will end as a misdemeanor offense.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1578
    Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:31 am


  • HawkGA wrote:I'm fascinated by the "shouldn't have been working security" argument. There are laws in this country that specifically prevent companies from not hiring people based on disabilities. But besides that . . . . what, people who work as ushers should expect to get knocked over?


    Hmm, wonder if a construction site would have to hire her to pull lumber if she wanted to. Would the Army have to accept her? Maybe when she heals she can get promoted to work security at the local prison.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    User avatar
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4878
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:36 pm
    Location: Aiken , SC


  • seahawkfreak wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:I'm fascinated by the "shouldn't have been working security" argument. There are laws in this country that specifically prevent companies from not hiring people based on disabilities. But besides that . . . . what, people who work as ushers should expect to get knocked over?


    Hmm, wonder if a construction site would have to hire her to pull lumber if she wanted to. Would the Army have to accept her? Maybe when she heals she can get promoted to work security at the local prison.


    Hyperbole much? :roll: :roll: :roll:
    User avatar
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc
     
    Posts: 6397
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:29 pm
    Location: Orting WA, Great Northwet



  • seahawkfreak wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:I'm fascinated by the "shouldn't have been working security" argument. There are laws in this country that specifically prevent companies from not hiring people based on disabilities. But besides that . . . . what, people who work as ushers should expect to get knocked over?


    Hmm, wonder if a construction site would have to hire her to pull lumber if she wanted to. Would the Army have to accept her? Maybe when she heals she can get promoted to work security at the local prison.


    You really don't understand the point, or the Act
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13552
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • JGfromtheNW wrote:
    zchurch74 wrote:You obviously didn't get the joke.


    We get it, the dude loves to jump offsides.


    lol..../thread
    OahuHawkFan
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 119
    Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:24 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


  • seahawkfreak wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:I'm fascinated by the "shouldn't have been working security" argument. There are laws in this country that specifically prevent companies from not hiring people based on disabilities. But besides that . . . . what, people who work as ushers should expect to get knocked over?


    Hmm, wonder if a construction site would have to hire her to pull lumber if she wanted to. Would the Army have to accept her? Maybe when she heals she can get promoted to work security at the local prison.


    Congrats for completely missing the point!
    BamKam
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 441
    Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:50 pm


  • Good Riddence
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

    Image
    User avatar
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1922
    Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:26 am


PreviousNext


It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:44 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online