Raiders release TE Clive Walford

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... nd-raiders

Some of you might say "who", but believe me, Walford is an extremely gifted pass catcher who holds the TE receptions record at Miami, over guys like Winslow Jr, Olsen, Shockey, Franks, and Graham. He had a pretty good rookie season, backing up Mychal Rivera, but has been nicked up the last two seasons so he hasn't done much. Plus, Carr never seems to Target the TEs too often anyways.

I know I'm a big Vannett fan, but I'd love for the Hawks to give Walford a shot to see if he can stick.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I am a Vannett fan too...but the more the merrier. :2thumbs:

toffee

Reaction score
oh no, another ATV casualty:

On May 3, 2016, it was reported that Walford had suffered a knee injury in a ATV accident. He was unable to participate in spring practices and rejoined the team during the start of training camp.

King Dog

Reaction score
I know he's old, but I wouldn't mind getting Marcedes Lewis in here to help get our running game back on track. He's always been solid.

“I never got down,” Lewis said of his lack of passing game involvement. “It’s just one of those things – if I wasn’t a guy that wasn’t an old-school tight end who loves blocking, then maybe [there would be frustration]. But because of my blocking, that keeps me interested. It keeps me in it.”

Chapow

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3s4m3pkw said:
Agreed. Not sure why he never did well in oakland

OP did a pretty good job summarizing why. Just sayin ;)

But yeah. I'd love to see the Seahawks give Walford a shot. I can't imagine he would cost much at this point. Seems like it would be a low risk signing with a high reward possibility.