R
E
A
M
T
E
A
M

I really hope this backfires on them because so far it looks like they have won the offseason.

iigakusei

Reaction score
drrew":2ifmaw8d said:
That's a bad deal for the Rams.
The Pats gave up a 1st round pick for him a year ago and are getting rid of him already? I would agree - it seems strange. Must say though the Rams are going for it though.

ivotuk

Reaction score
LOL! He's not that good!

"Hey, we'll give you a 1st round pick for a guy that you're probably not going to keep anyway. But we'll need a 4th rounder back just so that it doesn't hurt so bad."

Belicheck "A 1st for one of my 4ths? And that guy that played some position, Offense I think it was... Done."

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
drrew":2il9nu2f said:
It is, but they're just getting anybody they can get their grimy little hands on. He's their easily their 3rd best receiver behind Kupp and Woods.

New England really knows how to manipulate teams into buying their mediocre receivers, don't they?

drrew

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/981292890017148929[/tweet]

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Applaud them for goin for that ring, but in a vacuum this seems like poor value.

drrew

Reaction score
Donald, Gurley, Peters, Brockers, Joyner, Talib, Whitworth, and now Cooks all are up for new deals within the next two seasons.

This better work out for the Rams because that roster is going to get blown up.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I'd hate this move if I'm a Rams fan. If they don't win it all this year or next year, this offseason won't have been worth it.

kidhawk

Reaction score
drrew":3mp990wo said:

I definitely am glad to see the Rams seem to have overpaid here, but I hate the fact that the fleecing bonus goes to the Patriots

HawkFan72

Reaction score
nanomoz":1uxas6mr said:
I'd hate this move if I'm a Rams fan. If they don't win it all this year or next year, this offseason won't have been worth it.

That's what we gotta hope for. It's basically what happened with Seattle last year. Hopefully the same will happen to the Rams.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
People acting like the Rams aren’t #2 in the NFL in cap room for 2019 (projected 90 million under, and only 1 million less than the Jets at #1) and #1 in cap room for 2020.

They can pay everyone who balls out in their system, collect comp picks on the guys who don’t, and a lot of these guys are just transitionary players and aren’t even supposed to be long term pieces anyway (Whitworth, Talib, and Suh).

The other neat thing about what they’re doing is these are all trades, so they’ve added a ton of talent at a low salary cost for 2018 and are still projected to nab two 3rd round comp picks in next year’s draft.

getnasty

Reaction score
A lot of talent but none of which are stable mentality and guys that weren't wanted by there previous team . Plus at the end of the day Jared Goff is a dud.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2eog835o said:
People acting like the Rams aren’t #2 in the NFL in cap room for 2019 (projected 90 million under, and only 1 million less than the Jets at #1) and #1 in cap room for 2020.

They can pay everyone who balls out in their system, collect comp picks on the guys who don’t, and a lot of these guys are just transitionary players and aren’t even supposed to be long term pieces anyway (Whitworth, Talib, and Suh).

The other neat thing about what they’re doing is these are all trades, so they’ve added a ton of talent at a low salary cost for 2018 and are still projected to nab two 3rd round comp picks in next year’s draft.
Solid points. Rams are looking big picture.