Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

.NET IS FOR SALE

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
.NET IS FOR SALE
Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:35 pm
  • .NETers,
    After 11 years of ownership at Seahawks.NET, myself and my co-owner (Anguish) feel it’s the right time to step away and pass the reigns onto the next person or group. It’s been an amazing ride, and I appreciate everything each one of you have done to make this the largest Seahawks message board online. But .NET deserves an owner that is fully committed to it, and for the past year or so, that just hasn’t been the case with me.

So, like the original owner (Aros) before me, I’m asking for interested parties to contact me via email using rockhawk(at)seahawks.net (for those that are unaware, replace the (at) with @). We’d prefer to sell it to a .NET person or group to keep the site not-for-profit and ad-free as you know it now, so please reach out if interested.

To be transparent, we are selling the site, not giving it away. After 11 years I’ve put more than $25k out of my own pocket with the rest being donated or provided via the Amazon link, and though I’m not requesting that much, I just need those interested to understand the costs we’ve incurred. If you’re interested, email me and we can talk numbers. I’ll also provide the site analytics from Google on request, showing the very large amount of views and unique visitors we get on a daily basis.

A sincere thank you to all of those who have donated your hard-earned money to the site over the years. I didn't do a great job at sending a thank you to each of those, so I hope this will do. It was greatly appreciated.

Thank you to all of my volunteer staff, both current and past for donating their time to this site simply for the love of the Seahawks and this community. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate that effort & sacrifice.

Here’s to the next evolution & phase of Seahawks.NET! I’m excited to hear from you and what ideas you might have for the future!
    Go Hawks!
    Mark & Neal
    Love ya Les! You're in my thoughts every time I "Check my PM's"
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

Re: .NET IS FOR SALE
Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:08 pm
  • Thanks for everything, Carbon County boy. I hope you get what you put in back, and the new owners can make you and Anguish and Aros proud.
    nanomoz
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:36 pm
  • nanomoz wrote:Thanks for everything, Carbon County boy. I hope you get what you put in back, and the new owners can make you and Anguish and Aros proud.

Much appreciated!!!! (Go Dinos!)
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:38 pm
  • Just emailed you RockHawk.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:41 pm

Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:20 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:I can't go any higher than $7.93.

Double what the reserve price is!!! :)
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:17 pm
  • I hope this site survives. Been on here since 99 and wouldn't know what to do without it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:20 pm
  • I might be able to swing $2-3k but that isn't going to cut it. Even then i'd bring in ads. As a fan I love this place and a ad or two on the side wouldn't change that feeling for me.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:39 pm
  • Wenhawk wrote:I might be able to swing $2-3k but that isn't going to cut it. Even then i'd bring in ads. As a fan I love this place and a ad or two on the side wouldn't change that feeling for me.

Thanks man, the only other 2 options is go away or sell to an outside agency that will either integrate into their current site or monetize it heavily. Not my favorite choices.
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:02 pm
  • RockHawk wrote:. rockhawk(at)seahawks.net (for those that are unaware, replace the (at) with @).

Dear Lord please don't actually sell to somebody who needs that explained!!!!
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:43 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:
    RockHawk wrote:. rockhawk(at)seahawks.net (for those that are unaware, replace the (at) with @).

Dear Lord please don't actually sell to somebody who needs that explained!!!!

:D :irishdrinkers:
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:13 pm
  • Is there any market for various seahawk bloggers to pay a small fee for front page publicity? I mean there are a number of great seahawk sites out there that might be trying to turn a profit, if they want add space for a small fee .net has a primo target audience.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:56 pm
  • Wenhawk wrote:Is there any market for various seahawk bloggers to pay a small fee for front page publicity? I mean there are a number of great seahawk sites out there that might be trying to turn a profit, if they want add space for a small fee .net has a primo target audience.

Yeah lest sell space to people and become like every other site telling the ownership they will shut us down if they don't show everyone's ads and dictate content etc. We have been there already, why Aros split off from those places to begin with.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:42 am
  • I think the price should be $12...or something along those lines. $1200, $12,000...
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:11 pm
  • Why not just amp the donations? It isn’t advertised that much other than the link that is stickied. I don’t think about it until told that we need some donations. Just a question.
    hedgehawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:37 pm
  • I had a great time in the online draft forum today. It reminds me how much the .net means to me. If I can hepl, I will do it.
    I am a long time fan and a short time lurker.
    flippyflea
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue May 01, 2018 10:34 am
  • It used to be when you donate here they would post your name which I thought was kinda cool, but whoever used to do that must have stopped. I remember reading someone say it's a little discouraging.

The avatar or title (I forget exactly what it was) showing you were a contributor was cool but that seems to be gone now too.

I guess my point is while you guys desperately need contributions to keep this forum going you kinda stopped making the donators feel special.

It would be nice to see the donation total updated with how much more is needed. Maybe give out a few perks to those who contribute an more donations will come in.
    The LOLs of the many outweigh the shame of the few
    Msfann
    NET Veteran

Tue May 01, 2018 3:48 pm
  • I should buy it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *

Tue May 01, 2018 5:29 pm
  • Oh my God! A Dom sighting! What's up, man?

If you've got the spare cheddah, go ahead and pony up and buy this place. :)
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Wed May 02, 2018 7:12 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Oh my God! A Dom sighting!

He saw the "poster of the month" competition and couldn't resist.
    * NET Staff *

Wed May 02, 2018 9:51 pm
  • Hawkstorian wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Oh my God! A Dom sighting!

It's been a few years since he's been worthy. ;)
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Fri May 04, 2018 9:36 am
  • Msfann wrote:It used to be when you donate here they would post your name which I thought was kinda cool, but whoever used to do that must have stopped. I remember reading someone say it's a little discouraging.

The avatar or title (I forget exactly what it was) showing you were a contributor was cool but that seems to be gone now too.

I guess my point is while you guys desperately need contributions to keep this forum going you kinda stopped making the donators feel special.

It would be nice to see the donation total updated with how much more is needed. Maybe give out a few perks to those who contribute an more donations will come in.

I completely agree, and this is squarely on me. I simply had too much going on in my real life to dedicate the programming time needed to assign these custom ranks for donations, then remove them after 12 months. I sincerely apologize for that as it was never my intent to not recognize those that did donate, but it falls squarely on me for stopping that practice. I totally agree that this may have led to folks like yourself not caring to donate anymore without getting as much as a thank you note, and thus, why I want a new leadership person/team to take over and do all the things I'm no longer able to do after all these years.

I know it's way too late, but thank you very much for your donation(s), and everyone else over the years.
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

Fri May 04, 2018 9:37 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Hawkstorian wrote:

Who the hell are you geezers?
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

Fri May 04, 2018 12:14 pm
  • RockHawk wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    Hawkstorian wrote:

Who the hell are you geezers?

They just came back from another Freeway onramp and needed new cardboard signs.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri May 04, 2018 8:49 pm
  • RockHawk wrote:
    Msfann wrote:It used to be when you donate here they would post your name which I thought was kinda cool, but whoever used to do that must have stopped. I remember reading someone say it's a little discouraging.

I completely agree, and this is squarely on me. I simply had too much going on in my real life to dedicate the programming time needed to assign these custom ranks for donations, then remove them after 12 months. I sincerely apologize for that as it was never my intent to not recognize those that did donate, but it falls squarely on me for stopping that practice. I totally agree that this may have led to folks like yourself not caring to donate anymore without getting as much as a thank you note, and thus, why I want a new leadership person/team to take over and do all the things I'm no longer able to do after all these years.

I know it's way too late, but thank you very much for your donation(s), and everyone else over the years.

I didn't mean that as a complaint. I just wanted to point it out so we can help you out here and get more people to pitch in so you could keep the place. :2thumbs:
    The LOLs of the many outweigh the shame of the few
    Msfann
    NET Veteran

Sat May 05, 2018 1:27 am
  • chris98251 wrote:They just came back from another Freeway onramp and needed new cardboard signs.

...And a tin cup to hold out.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Thu May 10, 2018 3:39 pm
  • Not trying to be offensive....but why would someone buy this message board?
    Hasselbeck wrote:Matt Flynn should be our starter. Wilson is nothing more than a backup and will never amount to anything in this league.
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Thu May 10, 2018 8:30 pm
  • ImTheScientist wrote:Not trying to be offensive....but why would someone buy this message board?

Saying that first part doesn't make it true.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Thu May 10, 2018 9:09 pm
  • ImTheScientist wrote:Not trying to be offensive....but why would someone buy this message board?

Lets state the obvious, you have 3300 plus posts, there are over 10,000 members and 1000's more lurkers that come in and read. It's a respected Forum and just because some people have little to offer to conversations other then just drama others come here for a pulse of the fan base, information and understanding. Maybe in another 3300 plus posts that will become clearer for you.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri May 11, 2018 11:59 am
  • Some of us have spent a decade or better donating our time, knowledge, energy and cold hard cash in order to give back to the Seahawks fan community as a whole. Considering that almost entirely since its inception, this message board (which actually USED to be a community) has been run without the ownership trying to cash in on its membership through monetization, should be a testament to just how much we all have cared for the community, and should serve as a guide as to why this offer is being put on the table. Value is not always measured in dollars. YMMV.
    Anguish
    * NET Co-Owner *

Fri May 11, 2018 8:26 pm
  • Anguish wrote:Some of us have spent a decade or better donating our time, knowledge, energy and cold hard cash in order to give back to the Seahawks fan community as a whole. Considering that almost entirely since its inception, this message board (which actually USED to be a community) has been run without the ownership trying to cash in on its membership through monetization, should be a testament to just how much we all have cared for the community, and should serve as a guide as to why this offer is being put on the table. Value is not always measured in dollars. YMMV.

BINGO! Thanks!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon May 14, 2018 9:43 am
  • Anguish wrote:Some of us have spent a decade or better donating our time, knowledge, energy and cold hard cash in order to give back to the Seahawks fan community as a whole. Considering that almost entirely since its inception, this message board (which actually USED to be a community) has been run without the ownership trying to cash in on its membership through monetization, should be a testament to just how much we all have cared for the community, and should serve as a guide as to why this offer is being put on the table. Value is not always measured in dollars. YMMV.

TL;DR
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

Mon May 14, 2018 10:04 am
  • RockHawk wrote:TL;DR

You stole ImIrrelevant's response to Anguish.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Mon May 14, 2018 6:18 pm

The fact that it comes with a JSeahawks i'm sure adds greatly to the appeal.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue May 15, 2018 11:33 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    ImTheScientist wrote:Not trying to be offensive....but why would someone buy this message board?

The fact that it comes with a JSeahawks i'm sure adds greatly to the appeal.

So Phil Knight is our new .NET owner?
    Nike ads all over the screen and (mod) JS is going to get his own Duck forum.
    :roll: :lol: :177692: :stirthepot:
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed May 16, 2018 12:13 pm

For the chicks
    DynoHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu May 17, 2018 11:16 am
  • DynoHawk wrote:
    ImTheScientist wrote:Not trying to be offensive....but why would someone buy this message board?

For the chicks

infinite amounts of chicks.... numbers you can't even comprehend.
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:16 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information