NFL owner Shad Khan is trying to buy Wembley Stadium.

mikeak

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3jl4osdk said:
http://www.espn.com/soccer/england/story/3472536/fa-receives-offer-to-buy-wembley;-nfl-backs-shad-khan-as-new-owner

If this happens expect the Jaguars to play in London every year as long as Khan owns them.

Yes - every year 8 games per year.....

original poster

Reaction score
I knew this would happen eventually.

There is no way he's buying it to host a couple of games a season. There will be a team in London, I guarantee it.

I won't be happy until 'we' host a draft, though!

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
original poster":86zjix0u said:
I knew this would happen eventually.

There is no way he's buying it to host a couple of games a season. There will be a team in London, I guarantee it.

I won't be happy until 'we' host a draft, though!
Well, Khan does own Fulham FC, maybe he'll move them to Wembley if they win promotion.

:lol:

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
mikeak":1q5g8vgs said:
SeatownJay":1q5g8vgs said:
http://www.espn.com/soccer/england/story/3472536/fa-receives-offer-to-buy-wembley;-nfl-backs-shad-khan-as-new-owner

If this happens expect the Jaguars to play in London every year as long as Khan owns them.

He might move them there. If you pay that much money I would expect more than 1 game per year. Yes the London Jaguars perhaps. It probably is a better market than Jacksonville to be honest. The fans don't come. Not that they have had great teams over the years. They had a lot of bad years so a lot of that is on them. But London is a huge city with a lot of fan base and a lot of wealth. You could make money there as an owner. No doubt about it. Plus it fits into the NFL's plans for international expansion. Which I think will come eventually.

original poster

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":2r4i2kau said:
mikeak":2r4i2kau said:
SeatownJay":2r4i2kau said:

He might move them there. If you pay that much money I would expect more than 1 game per year. Yes the London Jaguars perhaps. It probably is a better market than Jacksonville to be honest. The fans don't come. Not that they have had great teams over the years. They had a lot of bad years so a lot of that is on them. But London is a huge city with a lot of fan base and a lot of wealth. You could make money there as an owner. No doubt about it. Plus it fits into the NFL's plans for international expansion. Which I think will come eventually.

100% agree.

An NFL franchise will absolutely succeed, I'm sure of it.

It's taken a long time to get the sport up to speed over here but I'd say out of 7 days a week I see an NFL fan on at least 5 of those 7 days a week. It's getting big over here, really big. I really don't live in a big city at all, either. If you go to London you'd probably see an NFL fan at least once an hour, probably far more frequently thinking about it. UK_Seahawk can elaborate on that, though...Think he lives in the big smoke.

I suspect they will do 8 home games in a row and 8 away games in a row for obvious reasons.

chris98251

Reaction score
original poster":3qtpsrik said:
SanDiego49er":3qtpsrik said:
mikeak":3qtpsrik said:
SeatownJay":3qtpsrik said:

100% agree.

It's taken a long time to get the sport up to speed over here but I'd say out of 7 days a week I see an NFL fan on at least 5 of those 7 days a week. It's getting big over here, really big. I really don't live in a big city at all, either. If you go to London you'd probably see an NFL fan at least once an hour, probably far more frequently thinking about it. UK_Seahawk can elaborate on that, though...Think he lives in the big smoke.

I suspect they will do 8 home games in a row and 8 away games in a row for obvious reasons.

Nobody will want that team in their division unless they do some creative scheduling with time off, throw in if they make the playoffs it will be murder to have to do back to back games and possibly travel there and then to the east or west coast after.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
chris98251":3vtjcsrj said:
original poster":3vtjcsrj said:
SanDiego49er":3vtjcsrj said:
mikeak":3vtjcsrj said:

100% agree.

Nobody will want that team in their division unless they do some creative scheduling with time off, throw in if they make the playoffs it will be murder to have to do back to back games and possibly travel there and then to the east or west coast after.

It doesn't matter if they want that team in their division or not. The NFL wants it because international expansion means lots more money. TV revenue from other countries, advertising from other countries, more cities involved, more merchandise sold in the international market. The NFL will force it. It won't be optional.

They are building and developing new planes right now BTW that are like the Concord but more advanced technology. So soon in future years the journey across the Atlantic will take less time. A lot less. It's like 9 hours or something give or take form NY to London now. They are talking about NY to London in 3 hours. So it shouldn't be as big of a deal then.

chris98251

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":27ybgwet said:
chris98251":27ybgwet said:
original poster":27ybgwet said:
SanDiego49er":27ybgwet said:

100% agree.

It doesn't matter if they want that team in their division or not. The NFL wants it because international expansion means lots more money. TV revenue from other countries, advertising from other countries, more cities involved, more merchandise sold in the international market. The NFL will force it. It won't be optional.

They are building and developing new planes right now BTW that are like the Concord but more advanced technology. So soon in future years the journey across the Atlantic will take less time. A lot less. It's like 9 hours or something give or take form NY to London now. They are talking about NY to London in 3 hours. So it shouldn't be as big of a deal then.

Thats not now and the owners are about winning NOW, more money maybe but Super Bowls are the goal.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
chris98251":30mltw00 said:
SanDiego49er":30mltw00 said:
chris98251":30mltw00 said:
original poster":30mltw00 said:
100% agree.

Thats not now and the owners are about winning NOW, more money maybe but Super Bowls are the goal.

Lots of teams care only about more money and more revenue sharing. I'd say at least half the teams in the league have owners who care very minimally about winning. If they get millions more on revenue sharing per year as a result of international expansion they will be on board with it. They "WIN" every year like this even if they lose. It's the fans who want to win. Plus a few owners where more commitment and more money is required. Not everybody wants all those extra problems.

getnasty

Reaction score
I hate games in London so I hope this doesn't happen. I can't imagine to many free agents wanting to sign up to play there either but I could be wrong.