Bills release Incognito

OP
OP
hawkfan68

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Yeah..but that was Incognito stating that. After that he said he was planning to attend Bills OTA and he still wanted to play. I think he said it because he wanted to be out of his contract. Who knows, anything he says should be taken with a grain of salt.

tonyseahawk

Reaction score
Richie Incognito
He's a nutcase, but I'd take him in a heartbeat. He's available now and would love it if we went after him :242735:

Edit: Thanks mods. Missed this :)

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Reminds me of that ol that played for Oakland and got shot after fighting with police before the super bowl.

King Dog

Reaction score
Perfect. Should be cheap now. Go get him. Pro Bowler the past 3 years. Incognito, Britt, Fluker. Them be some road graders.

toffee

Reaction score
King Dog":j3rd89vq said:
Perfect. Should be cheap now. Go get him. Pro Bowler the past 3 years. Incognito, Britt, Fluker. Them be some road graders.

Britt Fluker incognito Penny, all we need is a FB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cheese22

Reaction score
I sat at a blackjack table next to Richie for almost 3 hours. It was '06 at the Wynn so he was just starting his career. What I remember was how thick he was, how polite and friendly he was and how emotional he was with every hand we played. Nobody celebrated louder or got so down after every hand...and he was only betting $25 a hand. I was trying to be cool after each hand to act like $25 a hand was no big deal. He was living or dying every hand. He was totally cool and talked with me the whole time. It's been really sad to sit back and watch his life start to fall apart.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
original poster":2esf5iis said:
He’s just been arrested...lol.

Arrested under the Mental Health Act of Florida, is still involuntarily detained.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Think the dude just belongs in another time period of football.

People laugh today at the story of how Dick Butkus ran off the practice field during high school and punched a dude in the parking lot for talking to his girlfriend. He did that now a days, he would have been arrested and charged, colleges would debate if it is worth having a guy with anger issues on their team and finally the story would leak the day of the Draft and he'd drop to the end of the second round.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1031929629404274688[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFLRT/status/1031939090818772993[/tweet]

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
How to get an all-pro guard:

1) Sign Incognito (for any amount of money - this does not matter).
2) Make it illegal for him to play well.
3) Profit.

mrt144

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":sizm3gzv said:
Think the dude just belongs in another time period of football.

People laugh today at the story of how Dick Butkus ran off the practice field during high school and punched a dude in the parking lot for talking to his girlfriend. He did that now a days, he would have been arrested and charged, colleges would debate if it is worth having a guy with anger issues on their team and finally the story would leak the day of the Draft and he'd drop to the end of the second round.

So what you're saying is Dick Butkus was insecure?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It is becoming very clear that while not every % of players gets hit, CTE impacts a certain % of players in turning them dangerous - to themselves and others.

I know, some of you think CTE excuse is a copout.

But this is a weird pattern of guys showing unnatural ability to curb their violent tendencies. While I admit some of them seem to have had a violent streak in the past, there is a pattern of guys suddenly going off the rails that is very difficult to ignore.

It is either becoming more common or suddenly becoming more visible. But we need to start acknowledging that there is at least a good chance that CTE is a contributing factor to some of these. Even if only a % of the players in the league get affected like this - turning people into raving psychos does not seem normal at all. And it seems to hit football players with a much higher % than other sports.

It could just be a certain % get a mental illness or have it and hide it this long. But it certainly looks like CTE might exacerbate the impact of it.