Eagles Changing how NFL Rosters are Built?

adeltaY

Reaction score
[youtube]hgONzVArfTk[/youtube]

I think this is a very interesting watch and Kollmann has some really good points about which positions are most valuable in an offense. I thought the point about corners being replaceable ("the RBs of defense"), while safeties are more important in the modern NFL, was particularly intriguing. Considering the examples he brought up, I feel better about our CBs going forward, especially since PC in particular has shown to be above average in developing corners.

My main issue is that yes, the Eagles just won a Superbowl, but they haven't show to be a consistently successful team. I believe the last time they made the playoffs was in Chip's first year in 2013? Not sure if Roseman was there when they made it in 2010 with Vick and Reid. Sure, they seem setup to be an NFC powerhouse, but that's far from certain. Shoot, the Seahawks made back to back SBs and the playoffs five years in a row, if anyone's system deserves copying, its the PCJS one.

chris98251

Reaction score
They had a monster D line, that itself will take the pressure off the secondary, they had a D line similar back when Reggie White and this defense all went to the Pro Bowl. (Reggie White, Jerome Brown, and Clyde Simmons). Linebacker Seth Joyner and cornerback Eric Allen made the Pro Bowl)

sdog1981

Reaction score
The Giants showed twice you can win the Superbowl with scrubs on defense if your pass rush is good enough. Looking back that is why the 2013 Hawks were so good. They had the pass rush to go with the loaded D.

chris98251

Reaction score
sdog1981":2czd4m2p said:
The Giants showed twice you can win the Superbowl with scrubs on defense if your pass rush is good enough. Looking back that is why the 2013 Hawks were so good. They had the pass rush to go with the loaded D.

Umm last time I looked the D line was on defense.............................

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I wouldnt be surprised if Eagles dont even make playoffs next year.

They Lucked out with Foles having two games of his life with like 700+ yards and 6TDs in NFCCG and Superbowl. We will see how Wentz comes back from Injury because it isnt a sure bet like so many fans think it is. He could come back and not miss a beat or he could struggle and that injury could of really hampered him

A.D.I.D.A.S.

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2q5xfxdb said:
I wouldnt be surprised if Eagles dont even make playoffs next year.

They Lucked out with Foles having two games of his life with like 700+ yards and 6TDs in NFCCG and Superbowl. We will see how Wentz comes back from Injury because it isnt a sure bet like so many fans think it is. He could come back and not miss a beat or he could struggle and that injury could of really hampered him
Yeah they totally lucked out. Players they lost last season: Starting QB, Starting RB, Starting MLB, Starting LT.......the list goes on. They have a solid TEAM. All of them are coming back this year, and newsflash, Foles doesn't suck like you think he does. Maybe under Jeff Fisher he did, but then again who doesn't? Want proof? Here you go.......

fishereffect.jpg

All three IN the playoffs last year for a reason.........because Jeff Fisher sucks.