Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Honest question.........

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Honest question.........
Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:26 pm
  • Is Richard Sherman going to make Russell Wilson look silly at some point this season?
    SpokaneHawks
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 268
    Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:55 am


Re: Honest question.........
Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:32 pm
  • No, Richard Sherman is going to make Richard Sherman look silly this year.
    User avatar
    tifferradish
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 159
    Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:32 pm


Re: Honest question.........
Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:39 pm
  • I haven't been a fan of Sherman's for a while. I feel like he turned against the team and coaches years ago when his head got so swollen he had to get a bigger helmet, but I do believe the guy can still play. And, I'm sure he knows a few of Wilson's tendencies better than anyone.
    SpokaneHawks
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 268
    Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:55 am


Re: Honest question.........
Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:48 pm
  • Achilles tendons can be tricky. Many players never fully recover. We'll see how good he is once the cleats and pads go on. Hard to hate on a guy that played SB49 and about a 1/4 of the NFCCG that year with one arm.

    But, no, I don't think Sherm will get in Russ's head like he did in Kaep's.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 14826
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Honest question.........
Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:50 pm
  • sutz wrote:Achilles tendons can be tricky. Many players never fully recover. We'll see how good he is once the cleats and pads go on. Hard to hate on a guy that played SB49 and about a 1/4 of the NFCCG that year with one arm.

    But, no, I don't think Sherm will get in Russ's head like he did in Kaep's.


    Wilson spent all his practices listening to Sherm get into his head or try to, this will be a non issue. The worst that could happen is Wilson throws a TD on him and Wilson can actually say back to him You *MOD EDIT* suck now. It was a big story a few years back.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 23713
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Honest question.........
Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:01 pm
  • SpokaneHawks wrote:Is Richard Sherman going to make Russell Wilson look silly at some point this season?


    Who knows, maybe. Whats the worst that could happen, a pick six? Even if that happens, Wilson truly has the ability to put bad plays behind him, forget them and move on. It's one of his strengths. Not worried about it at all.
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    User avatar
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6592
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:41 am
    Location: Ballard


Re: Honest question.........
Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:24 pm
  • Even if Russ did throw a TD against Sherm, it won't matter. Because nothing is ever on Sherm, it's on someone else.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9040
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Honest question.........
Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:24 pm
  • Wild prediction. Sherman pulls his achilles during the Prime Time game against Green Bay and never faces Seattle. Injury bug is biting.
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

    Image
    User avatar
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1702
    Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:26 am


Re: Honest question.........
Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:03 am
  • He'll have to be on Marshall I'm guessing. No way he can run or change direction with Doug or Lock.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2209
    Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 1:45 pm


Re: Honest question.........
Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:52 am
  • Russ is gonna pump fake Sherm out of his cleats and launch a DAGR into the mitts of Dougie on a simple seam route...and I can't wait to see his face!
    Love, Peace & Elbow Grease. Let's ROLL, Hawks!
    User avatar
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2495
    Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:17 pm


Re: Honest question.........
Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:30 am
  • He'll just look over at the safety, because nobody has ever truly caught a pass on Sherm :lol:
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9040
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Honest question.........
Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:44 pm
  • I just gotta say...

    ...for as much as I've heard from from Seahawk fans about Niner fans changing their views of Sherman, I see just as many Seahawk fans hating on Sherman.

    I'm not even saying any of you are wrong, but it is funny to watch. Team allegiance is a funny thing sometimes.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6027
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: Honest question.........
Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:12 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:I just gotta say...

    ...for as much as I've heard from from Seahawk fans about Niner fans changing their views of Sherman, I see just as many Seahawk fans hating on Sherman.

    I'm not even saying any of you are wrong, but it is funny to watch. Team allegiance is a funny thing sometimes.


    Agree with you on the FAN allegiance. It is interesting that someone goes with a QB to the next team and follows that person as they were in shall we call it fanlust for that player. Got a feeling that happens a lot now a days for the casual fan.

    You are still a wise fan.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    User avatar
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7633
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.


Re: Honest question.........
Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:20 pm
  • tifferradish wrote:No, Richard Sherman is going to make Richard Sherman look silly this year.



    Quoted for believability.

    :{)
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    User avatar
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 16251
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


Re: Honest question.........
Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:27 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:I just gotta say...

    ...for as much as I've heard from from Seahawk fans about Niner fans changing their views of Sherman, I see just as many Seahawk fans hating on Sherman.

    I'm not even saying any of you are wrong, but it is funny to watch. Team allegiance is a funny thing sometimes.

    Not me. Still love the guy. Love the fact he gave my team the swagger it needed to win a championship, Love the fact he was the best at his position most of his time here. Love the fact “the tip” will always be a great moment for this city. Love the fact he called out his underperforming OC (when every other player was afraid to), and love the fact made a snowflake sportsradio host cry.

    It funny how when I read the webzone now, how many Niners fans have embraced Sherm after really hating the guy all of these years. Even calling him a leader. I guess colors of laundry matter.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23034
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Honest question.........
Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:35 pm
  • Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:I just gotta say...

    ...for as much as I've heard from from Seahawk fans about Niner fans changing their views of Sherman, I see just as many Seahawk fans hating on Sherman.

    I'm not even saying any of you are wrong, but it is funny to watch. Team allegiance is a funny thing sometimes.


    Agree with you on the FAN allegiance. It is interesting that someone goes with a QB to the next team and follows that person as they were in shall we call it fanlust for that player. Got a feeling that happens a lot now a days for the casual fan.

    You are still a wise fan.

    I think Fantasy Football has something to do with that. ;)
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 14826
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Honest question.........
Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:08 am
  • I stopped hating Sherman after the Seahawks superbowl loss it seemed to humble him quite a bit, hes much more mature now and seems like a great leader. Now that hes a niner it's still surreal but I'm happy hes on our side now. Even if he don't play the fact that hes here coaching our DB's is still a big upgrade which is really cool on his part and they're all bought in on it, they call him Uncle Sherman lol
    SF49r
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 483
    Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:30 pm


Re: Honest question.........
Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:36 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:I just gotta say...

    ...for as much as I've heard from from Seahawk fans about Niner fans changing their views of Sherman, I see just as many Seahawk fans hating on Sherman.

    I'm not even saying any of you are wrong, but it is funny to watch. Team allegiance is a funny thing sometimes.

    Not me. Still love the guy. Love the fact he gave my team the swagger it needed to win a championship, Love the fact he was the best at his position most of his time here. Love the fact “the tip” will always be a great moment for this city. Love the fact he called out his underperforming OC (when every other player was afraid to), and love the fact made a snowflake sportsradio host cry.

    It funny how when I read the webzone now, how many Niners fans have embraced Sherm after really hating the guy all of these years. Even calling him a leader. I guess colors of laundry matter.


    I'll admit I was pretty resistant on Sherman leading up the signing and for the first week or two afterwards.

    Then he appears to have legitimately embraced his leadership role and unofficial coach position, doing a lot of stuff with the DBs off the field.

    It's still the offseason but it appears as if the Niners got the more mellow recent years Sherman with the hunger of his early years (or perhaps a better term is non-jadedness).

    He had a hilarious video the week he signed on Twitter where he says "Don't worry Niner fans, I'll make it up to you" plus recent efforts to get Niner fans to unblock him.

    I gotta say I'm buying it......or at least I have no choice to. :lol: :irishdrinkers:
    NINEster
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1550
    Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 7:06 pm


Re: Honest question.........
Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:38 am
  • And there's one thing Sherman can do to REALLY make him a Niner favorite.

    I think it's pretty clear per the OP what that is.

    Football field and/or social media will do. :irishdrinkers:
    NINEster
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1550
    Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 7:06 pm


Re: Honest question.........
Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:20 am
  • Seahawkfan80 wrote:It is interesting that someone goes with a QB to the next team and follows that person as they were in shall we call it fanlust for that player.


    Yeah. It's not like I follow the fanbases of every team, but I'd challenge any fanbase for that title from 9ers fans. It has been six years and four coaches since he got traded, and Alex Smith stans in the 9ers fanbase are still obsessed with him. He's not even much more than an average player, either. It's just truly bizarre.
    User avatar
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4763
    Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:58 am


Re: Honest question.........
Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:12 am
  • I always used to say, "I love Sherman, but man, if he were on a different team, I'd hate him."

    Well, I was wrong. I don't hate him. I just don't love him anymore.

    What I do still love is what he brought to this team, and all the great memories.

    Richard, go out and continue your career in style. Just not against the Seahawks.
    Madrid Hawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 121
    Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:00 am


Re: Honest question.........
Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:26 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:I just gotta say...

    ...for as much as I've heard from from Seahawk fans about Niner fans changing their views of Sherman, I see just as many Seahawk fans hating on Sherman.

    I'm not even saying any of you are wrong, but it is funny to watch. Team allegiance is a funny thing sometimes.

    Not me. Still love the guy. Love the fact he gave my team the swagger it needed to win a championship, Love the fact he was the best at his position most of his time here. Love the fact “the tip” will always be a great moment for this city. Love the fact he called out his underperforming OC (when every other player was afraid to), and love the fact made a snowflake sportsradio host cry.

    It funny how when I read the webzone now, how many Niners fans have embraced Sherm after really hating the guy all of these years. Even calling him a leader. I guess colors of laundry matter.


    Yeah...that's kinda the point I'm making.

    I won't even attempt to claim that I didn't hate the guy in the midst of that rivalry. He was public enemy #1 in my book.

    That really changed for me though when the rivalry diminished in the wake of the Niners collapsing and the departure of Jim Harbaugh.

    Moreover, I've become a much more politically minded person in the last few years (I was always political but that ramped up exponentially recently) and I've almost always found myself agreeing with him on any social issue he chose to speak about.

    In all honesty, while many people can't stand Jed York, the one thing you can say for him is that he is one of the most liberal owners in the NFL and has constantly backed his players in regards to recent events to that effect.

    I mention this not to start a political conversation, but to say that I think that's a piece of the puzzle in the reason why Sherman chose the 49ers as a destination. That's not a slam on Seattle either because clearly they let him and his teammates have that voice when they were there and even publicly defend Kaepernick.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6027
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: Honest question.........
Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:00 am
  • Funny thing about sports, sometimes the guys you hate end up on your team. Then they're "your boy" :lol:
    Ricky Watters, couldn't stand him. Then he came here, played hard, solid player etc. Loved him as a Hawk.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9040
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Honest question.........
Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:41 pm
  • After SB 49 he became more of an issue than a team player and hopefully he grows from it but as much as I hate to say it , I am very glad to see him gone
    He didn't play up to his cost for the last 2 years and quite frankly I'm not sure he will ever be shut down again
    He got torched more times in the last 2 years than in the previous 3 by a long shot and he only played a season and a partial
    Earl Thomas on the other hand has played up to his rep since day one and I hope we can come to an amicable agreement for a few more years or get someone who can come close to filling his shoes
    I hope he plays well this year against everyone but us
    What are you
    I'm a mog , half man , half dog
    I'm my own best friend
    User avatar
    hawxfreak
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 482
    Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:04 pm
    Location: The Burbs in Lacey


Re: Honest question.........
Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:21 am
  • hawxfreak wrote:He didn't play up to his cost for the last 2 years and quite frankly I'm not sure he will ever be shut down again
    He got torched more times in the last 2 years than in the previous 3 by a long shot and he only played a season and a partial

    Earl Thomas on the other hand has played up to his rep since day one and I hope we can come to an amicable agreement for a few more years or get someone who can come close to filling his shoes
    I hope he plays well this year against everyone but us


    In the last two years Earl Thomas has missed 8 games due to injury and Richard Sherman has missed 7 games due to injury.

    Not sure how you can discount Sherman for missing games and then pub up Earl Thomas in the next sentence.

    By the objective metrics we have Sherman certainly played up to his salary over these last two years. Maybe it just doesn't feel like it because by objective metrics he's spent so much of his career being underpaid.

    The question is if he can recover from injury/not decline due to age and STILL live up to his salary. That's obviously an open question.
    User avatar
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4763
    Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:58 am


Re: Honest question.........
Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:10 am
  • Sherman is not being coached by Pete Carroll, anymore. That is a bigger factor than age. We have seen many defensive players leave this system and radically decline in performance.

    He is now being coached by Robert Saleh, AKA Cueball. This was a defense that allowed the 9th most yards, 8th most points, 8th most passing TDs, and 11th most passing yards. They started the year 0-9 and finished ranked 26th in Defensive DVOA.
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1304
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


Re: Honest question.........
Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:08 am
  • Madrid Hawk wrote:I always used to say, "I love Sherman, but man, if he were on a different team, I'd hate him."

    Well, I was wrong. I don't hate him. I just don't love him anymore.

    What I do still love is what he brought to this team, and all the great memories.

    Richard, go out and continue your career in style. Just not against the Seahawks.


    Good post and sums up my feelings on Sherman pretty well too.

    I'm going to miss him as a Seahawk.
    User avatar
    Chapow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2484
    Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:38 pm


Re: Honest question.........
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:40 pm
  • I want to see how he is without Earl Thomas beside him and in a non Pete Carroll scheme. He was never the fastest player and without Pete and Thomas I wonder if his lack of speed gets exposed.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1173
    Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:57 pm


Re: Honest question.........
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:59 pm
  • I speculate that Russ probably love to embarrass Sherm more so than the other way around. The not black or bad enough stuff, the too goodie two shoes stuff, the face of the franchise stuff .....

    I suspect Russ will test Sherm and enjoy some success, with Sherm also pick one or so. Assuming Sherm stays healthy enough.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 586
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:44 pm


Re: Honest question.........
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:38 pm
  • hawxfreak wrote:After SB 49 he became more of an issue than a team player and hopefully he grows from it but as much as I hate to say it , I am very glad to see him gone
    He didn't play up to his cost for the last 2 years and quite frankly I'm not sure he will ever be shut down again
    He got torched more times in the last 2 years than in the previous 3 by a long shot and he only played a season and a partial
    Earl Thomas on the other hand has played up to his rep since day one and I hope we can come to an amicable agreement for a few more years or get someone who can come close to filling his shoes
    I hope he plays well this year against everyone but us


    When has Sherman got burned badly? Fuller got him this year, I'm genuinely at a loss to think of who else has. Brandon Marshall and Mike Evans caught TDs on him in 2016. Happens to every CB now and then, even the elite ones.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2230
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR




It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:17 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: IndyHawk and 65 guests