Honest question.........

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Is Richard Sherman going to make Russell Wilson look silly at some point this season?

tifferradish

Reaction score
No, Richard Sherman is going to make Richard Sherman look silly this year.

OP
OP
S

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
I haven't been a fan of Sherman's for a while. I feel like he turned against the team and coaches years ago when his head got so swollen he had to get a bigger helmet, but I do believe the guy can still play. And, I'm sure he knows a few of Wilson's tendencies better than anyone.

sutz

Reaction score
Achilles tendons can be tricky. Many players never fully recover. We'll see how good he is once the cleats and pads go on. Hard to hate on a guy that played SB49 and about a 1/4 of the NFCCG that year with one arm.

But, no, I don't think Sherm will get in Russ's head like he did in Kaep's.

chris98251

Reaction score
sutz":3605yfo3 said:
Achilles tendons can be tricky. Many players never fully recover. We'll see how good he is once the cleats and pads go on. Hard to hate on a guy that played SB49 and about a 1/4 of the NFCCG that year with one arm.

But, no, I don't think Sherm will get in Russ's head like he did in Kaep's.

Wilson spent all his practices listening to Sherm get into his head or try to, this will be a non issue. The worst that could happen is Wilson throws a TD on him and Wilson can actually say back to him You *MOD EDIT* suck now. It was a big story a few years back.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":157st9jc said:
Is Richard Sherman going to make Russell Wilson look silly at some point this season?

Who knows, maybe. Whats the worst that could happen, a pick six? Even if that happens, Wilson truly has the ability to put bad plays behind him, forget them and move on. It's one of his strengths. Not worried about it at all.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Even if Russ did throw a TD against Sherm, it won't matter. Because nothing is ever on Sherm, it's on someone else.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Wild prediction. Sherman pulls his achilles during the Prime Time game against Green Bay and never faces Seattle. Injury bug is biting.

kobebryant

Reaction score
He'll have to be on Marshall I'm guessing. No way he can run or change direction with Doug or Lock.

Marvin49

Reaction score
I just gotta say...

...for as much as I've heard from from Seahawk fans about Niner fans changing their views of Sherman, I see just as many Seahawk fans hating on Sherman.

I'm not even saying any of you are wrong, but it is funny to watch. Team allegiance is a funny thing sometimes.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Marvin49":mw6belu6 said:
I just gotta say...

...for as much as I've heard from from Seahawk fans about Niner fans changing their views of Sherman, I see just as many Seahawk fans hating on Sherman.

I'm not even saying any of you are wrong, but it is funny to watch. Team allegiance is a funny thing sometimes.

Agree with you on the FAN allegiance. It is interesting that someone goes with a QB to the next team and follows that person as they were in shall we call it fanlust for that player. Got a feeling that happens a lot now a days for the casual fan.

You are still a wise fan.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":2hbm18wb said:
I just gotta say...

Not me. Still love the guy. Love the fact he gave my team the swagger it needed to win a championship, Love the fact he was the best at his position most of his time here. Love the fact “the tip” will always be a great moment for this city. Love the fact he called out his underperforming OC (when every other player was afraid to), and love the fact made a snowflake sportsradio host cry.

It funny how when I read the webzone now, how many Niners fans have embraced Sherm after really hating the guy all of these years. Even calling him a leader. I guess colors of laundry matter.

sutz

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":qug7kemb said:
Marvin49":qug7kemb said:
I just gotta say...

Agree with you on the FAN allegiance. It is interesting that someone goes with a QB to the next team and follows that person as they were in shall we call it fanlust for that player. Got a feeling that happens a lot now a days for the casual fan.

You are still a wise fan.
I think Fantasy Football has something to do with that. ;)

SF49r

Reaction score
I stopped hating Sherman after the Seahawks superbowl loss it seemed to humble him quite a bit, hes much more mature now and seems like a great leader. Now that hes a niner it's still surreal but I'm happy hes on our side now. Even if he don't play the fact that hes here coaching our DB's is still a big upgrade which is really cool on his part and they're all bought in on it, they call him Uncle Sherman lol

NINEster

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":30bqzifw said:
Marvin49":30bqzifw said:
I just gotta say...

Not me. Still love the guy. Love the fact he gave my team the swagger it needed to win a championship, Love the fact he was the best at his position most of his time here. Love the fact “the tip” will always be a great moment for this city. Love the fact he called out his underperforming OC (when every other player was afraid to), and love the fact made a snowflake sportsradio host cry.

It funny how when I read the webzone now, how many Niners fans have embraced Sherm after really hating the guy all of these years. Even calling him a leader. I guess colors of laundry matter.

I'll admit I was pretty resistant on Sherman leading up the signing and for the first week or two afterwards.

Then he appears to have legitimately embraced his leadership role and unofficial coach position, doing a lot of stuff with the DBs off the field.

It's still the offseason but it appears as if the Niners got the more mellow recent years Sherman with the hunger of his early years (or perhaps a better term is non-jadedness).

He had a hilarious video the week he signed on Twitter where he says "Don't worry Niner fans, I'll make it up to you" plus recent efforts to get Niner fans to unblock him.

I gotta say I'm buying it......or at least I have no choice to. :lol: :irishdrinkers:

NINEster

Reaction score
And there's one thing Sherman can do to REALLY make him a Niner favorite.

I think it's pretty clear per the OP what that is.

Football field and/or social media will do. :irishdrinkers:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":367lcx8o said:
It is interesting that someone goes with a QB to the next team and follows that person as they were in shall we call it fanlust for that player.

Yeah. It's not like I follow the fanbases of every team, but I'd challenge any fanbase for that title from 9ers fans. It has been six years and four coaches since he got traded, and Alex Smith stans in the 9ers fanbase are still obsessed with him. He's not even much more than an average player, either. It's just truly bizarre.